Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car Magazine Subscriptions (Z)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Car Magazine Subscriptions (Z)

I recently canceled my cable TV and need some stuff to read while I'm not watching TV anymore. I did a search here and found some people subscribing to Nissan Sport Mag or maybe Sport Z Mag (same? different?)

I was wondering what car mags Z enthusiasts subscribe to..?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:39 AM
ANXIOUZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think those are really the only Z-specific mags.

As for the newstand stuff, I think Sport Compact Car and Import Tuner are the better ones. Superstreet is written by what sound like high schoolers. The other two are more professional and have some decent articles. IT did a great story on FI 350z kits which was outstanding. Plus they use the Z a lot as an example car for suspension and other stories.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a new magazine called "Project Car" that should be out soon. I see the advertisement in Super Street all the time. I think I'll subscribed to that.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Steve-O Z33

Sport Z is no more. You can get back issues. It was a good mag.

I subscribe to Nissan Sport. It has all kinds of Nissans in it. Not just Z cars. It's a decent read but it's quarterly, so you won't get 1 every month.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:53 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

No cable TV!!! holy **** man, at least go direct tv, its cheaper than cable! modified mag. and turbo mag are my favorite rags.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:01 AM
ANXIOUZ

lol. Cable is the devil.

I actually just got a pair of rabbit ears for my HDTV and when I scanned the airwaves it picked up about a dozen HD channel. There's no going back...free HD...I'm in heaven!
Old 01-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Shift_Z33

Ive got the new Project mag and its pretty good. It focuses mainly on people with lower budgets and normal cars. Super Street tends to feature JGTC and other rediculous cars that probably arent even street legal. I do still have a subscription that ends sometime next year, so I still read it anyways.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Flippin sweet!, rabbit ear HDTV
Attached Thumbnails Car Magazine Subscriptions (Z)-busted-a-tv.gif  
Old 01-05-2007, 09:59 AM
dutchboy

Originally Posted by thekinn
I recently canceled my cable TV and need some stuff to read while I'm not watching TV anymore. I did a search here and found some people subscribing to Nissan Sport Mag or maybe Sport Z Mag (same? different?)

I was wondering what car mags Z enthusiasts subscribe to..?
What part of Michigan are you in?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Wow- giving up cable and going back to reading! What a concept! You really do need something great to read.

As others have said, Nissan Sport magazine is a new endeavor from Sport Z, although you can get back issues for both publications through us (that should at least take up some of those quiet nights)! We just issued our second release, the Winter '07 issue. You can check us out at: www.nissansportmag.com

You can also go to your neighborhood Barnes and Noble, Hastings or Borders bookstores and pick up the latest issue shortly. We're being carried there as well as through subscription. While we cover the entire spectrum of Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun vehicles, our Z content remains high and I think you'll find us more than entertaining if you share that passion!

David Muramoto
Senior Editor
Nissan Sport Magazine
Old 01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The prob with most Car Mags for the Imports is that the articles are more of an advertisment giving the appearance of an article than good Hi Tech Info.

The older Amer Mags were packed with no BS Hi Tech articles covering, Mathmatics,Formulas,Heavy Head Mods, explainations of CR, HP, Torque, Cam specs ( and what they mean )-Suspension fundementals -----Nother words ----Heavy stuff, Not just Bling.

My early Car education was from Hot Rod Mag, Car Craft etc-------Id like to see just one no BS Import Mag
Old 01-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have cable either. Nobody buys more mags than me.

I had 3 subs, but reduced it down to 0. I spend a ton on the mag stand, though

modified mag - prolly the best tuner mag
Luxury exotic - exotic car tuning
dupont registery - exotic car classifieds
d-sport- meh.. too many ugly chicks covering the nice rides
import tuner - very thin but good articles
turbo - pretty awesome FI magazine. a bit thin, though
sports z- all about da z.. got a sub., forgot about this.. very good
motor trend - sux
Old 01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
derek173

Autoweek.. good mag and it comes out weekly. Top Gear Magazine is awesome (like the show), but its a britsh publication so a sub will cost alot, I pick up a copy whenever im at borders.

Road and track is pretty good too
Old 01-05-2007, 11:07 PM
ksj

EVO - It's a UK mag (http://www.evo.co.uk). Used to get CAR (another UK mag) as well but they've gone a little downhill recently. You can subscribe to both from the US though.

They love the Z btw and have a roadster in a long term test. They had a coupe for quite a while as well. You can see their reviews on line at the link above under long term tests.

Last edited by ksj; 01-05-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:26 AM
ctzn
inquisative

Originally Posted by ksj
EVO - It's a UK mag (http://www.evo.co.uk). Used to get CAR (another UK mag) as well but they've gone a little downhill recently. You can subscribe to both from the US though.

They love the Z btw and have a roadster in a long term test. They had a coupe for quite a while as well. You can see their reviews on line at the link above under long term tests.
+1 EVO is a great mag, very well written, beautiful photo spreads, diverse content - one of my favs but a little expensive.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:54 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Spot on !

David is spot on ! As a writer who contributes frequently to Nissan Sport Magazine ( I write about the European 350Z scene as well as other general Nissan European racing items of interest ) , the second issue is a must grab ! I had to pick up one for a friend in the UK who doesn't subscribe , and when I went to my local Barnes and Nobles here in New Hampshire , there was only one issue left on the shelf .BTW , many do subscribe in the UK , Switzerland etc. to this fine magazine already ! There is plenty to read on those long winter nights and I would recommend subscribing to insure you'll have a copy when you need it .

Originally Posted by dkmura
Wow- giving up cable and going back to reading! What a concept! You really do need something great to read.

As others have said, Nissan Sport magazine is a new endeavor from Sport Z, although you can get back issues for both publications through us (that should at least take up some of those quiet nights)! We just issued our second release, the Winter '07 issue. You can check us out at: www.nissansportmag.com

You can also go to your neighborhood Barnes and Noble, Hastings or Borders bookstores and pick up the latest issue shortly. We're being carried there as well as through subscription. While we cover the entire spectrum of Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun vehicles, our Z content remains high and I think you'll find us more than entertaining if you share that passion!

David Muramoto
Senior Editor
Nissan Sport Magazine
Old 01-07-2007, 03:27 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MC
im a modified mag fan now just because this months issue has a pic of a few my350z members Z's all lined up at our little meet during GT live this past october
I'm glad you found a copy Mat.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Let me see.................
Road and Track
Car and Driver
Automobile
Autoweek
Hemmings Classsic Sports and Exotic Cars
Motor Sport
European Car
Sports Cars International
Octane
Classic and Sports Car
Thoroughbred and Classic Cars
F1 Magazine
Racer
Motor Trend
Motor Trend Classic

Quick Reply: Car Magazine Subscriptions (Z)