davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

$6,225.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 PM
dsmboost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
$6,225.
Random and probably a joke, but I was expecting an answer somewhere along those lines.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:51 PM
RICHAZN

Originally Posted by dsmboost
I'm not trying to rip anybody off. If anyone wanted to buy the car, they could gladly come and look at it. I'm not trying to sell it to anybody on here. All i'm asking is what it's worth. Even IF the car had a messed up a-pillar, that's beyond the point. I was asking for the value of the car in the condition that I stated. I was considering to buy a wrecked TT 300zx at one point that was in similar condition to this Z, and the 300zx guys gave me normal answers, in fact they gave higher prices than you all did. You're telling me a 13 year old 300zx is worth more in the same wrecked condition than an 04 Z?
essentially yes...

look pal... a 13 year old car has many more parts available that a 3 year old car... meaning that there are alot more cars to pull salvaged parts off of... you have to buy NEW parts for this car... try finding front fenders from a 03-current z that dont have damage at a wrecking yard... also the safety equipment involved in a 350z is much much more complex than a 13 year old car which is also adding to the cost... just part that car out... it is worth much more than the whole...

and honestly the 300zx owners dont know anything about 350z repairs... me... i am good friends with a bodyshop estimator... and friends of friends with people that do pebble beach cars... you tend to pick up on certain things when you are in their shops...

we are trying to tell you what it is worth... with this car there is no set market value... that is what i have been trying to tell you... it all depends on the buyer... yea if you could find a buyer that was stupid enough you could get 10 grand... but those are few and far between
Old 01-18-2007, 09:53 PM
dsmboost

Well thanks for a decent answer. I guess it would be hard to say what it's worth and the fact that I have connections with a body shop makes me think it's worth more than average (EX. I can get a new front bumper for $140, each fender for around the same price, a bit lower.). I guess i'll try throwing it on ebay or autotrader eventually.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
RICHAZN

Well thanks for a decent answer. I guess it would be hard to say what it's worth and the fact that I have connections with a body shop makes me think it's worth more than average (EX. I can get a new front bumper for $140). I guess i'll try throwing it on ebay or autotrader eventually.
you can get a bumper for 140... but whos going to paint it and make sure there is no orange peel... it costs wayyyy more than you think to repair a car... believe me... part it out if you dont have the money to keep going... much more effective in the end
Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not just use aftermarket parts (fenders, bumper, etc)? Will be cheaper then using Nissan's overpriced nonsense.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by RICHAZN
you can get a bumper for 140... but whos going to paint it and make sure there is no orange peel... it costs wayyyy more than you think to repair a car... believe me... part it out if you dont have the money to keep going... much more effective in the end
If I decided to get this car done, all body work will be free. All i have to do is pay for parts. The body shop owner owes me a big favor, so he said he'll do all the work for free.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
RICHAZN

If I decided to get this car done, all body work will be free. All i have to do is pay for parts. The body shop owner owes me a big favor, so he said he'll do all the work for free.
then just get it done smart guy... max out a couple credit cards or something... then sell the car and make a couple grand in profit
Old 01-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

then do it and sell it. seems like the logical thing to do. its worth more fixed especially since the labor is free.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:05 PM
dsmboost

That's the problem, i won't have enough money to finish the whole thing. But anyway, thanks for the advice guys and sorry for getting an attitude there for a minute.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That's the problem, i won't have enough money to finish the whole thing. But anyway, thanks for the advice guys and sorry for getting an attitude there for a minute.
No problem. Consider auctioning the car on eBay. I am sure that someone needs a motor.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:13 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ship it to california and I will give you $4500. I will have that car up and running in 2 months with another $5k.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Fingers

Then why don't you just get it done, its sounds like you could do it for next to nothing, I'm thinking you probably paid around 7gs for that and you just figured out you made a huge mistake. You said the a pillar wasn't damaged then you said so what if it is and that you just wanted to get a value on the vehicle. No one can give you a value on that car without knowing what is wrong with it.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 PM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by Fingers
Then why don't you just get it done, its sounds like you could do it for next to nothing, I'm thinking you probably paid around 7gs for that and you just figured out you made a huge mistake. You said the a pillar wasn't damaged then you said so what if it is and that you just wanted to get a value on the vehicle. No one can give you a value on that car without knowing what is wrong with it.
Well my friend (guy who owns the body shop) never said anything about the a-pillar. And he already told me all that's wrong with the car, so i guess it's possible that he over looked it. I'll check with him tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Fingers

I know guys that do this with motorcycles all the time, it really isn't a good thing to get into with cars unless you have alot of space and time because you end with two or more of the same cars on your hands, you also have to be able to have good connections on parts and expieriance in being able to estimate if its worth it or not. If your friend with the body shop got you into this and told you this would be a good deal, then yeah he owes you big. Hold onto the car and find a 350z that was flooded, they are starting to ship lots of flooded cars out of here. If your patient you can get it done for a reasonable price but its going to take a while and I hope you have some connections in the insurance auctions biz so you can track down a good donor car.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Brocken

Yup, salvaged vehicles are a money pit unless you pick the right one. Even then you have hidden costs.
I've fixed up a couple bikes and came out a few bucks ahead but the repairs always cost more than I initially estimated. There's always some part that holds this other part that's cracked, etc.

What you're telling us needs replaced and what the pictures say seem like two different things. I'd say from those pics you probably have some chassis and/or frame damage and possibly damage to the drivetrain. The Z's crumple like tinfoil in accidents.
I wouldn't expect to get more than $5k-$8k for a vehicle that looks like that.
That's great you replaced suspension parts but personally, if I was buying a wrecked car I would want to do the work myself to make sure it was done right or know that a professional shop did it, no offense.
If somebody takes your word that it's driveable he's basically putting his life in your hands.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:30 AM
imjdoggie

Come on guys give this dude a break all he was trying to find out was the value of his wrecked car and everyone jumps on him. I worked in the car business for 7 years and I would say davidv was pretty darn close on his number. I would say that car is worth anywhere from 6k-8k the way it sits. Good luck with the sale man.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:43 AM
MasterRacer

lol damn guys, cut this guy a bit of slack. This is not a FOR SALE thread, I am sure even if he was trying to sell it we would obviously catch this and pound his **** for tryig 2 sell it on a site where people are relatively ebaducated :P my .2 is to part out the car, if the engine is in good condition iam sure you can get a couple of G's..................the car it's self maybe you can get 4 if your lucky
Old 01-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How old are all of you, 16? Value of a car is not what you would pay, but the value of the car on the market. I figured this forum would be full of kids who's parents bought them their cars.
Incorrect. The market is almost irrelevant when selling a car. Say for example I'm going to sell my car and the BB is $27,000. That means just about nothing if someone isnt willing to pay that much. The car is only worth what someone else will pay for it. Otherwise its just a figure to throw around.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Work

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
Come on guys give this dude a break all he was trying to find out was the value of his wrecked car and everyone jumps on him. I worked in the car business for 7 years and I would say davidv was pretty darn close on his number. I would say that car is worth anywhere from 6k-8k the way it sits. Good luck with the sale man.
Seconded. There was no need for all the douchey answers. I'd have offered about $5000 to $6000 for the car as it is.

Quick Reply: Wrecked 350z - what is it worth?