Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wrecked 350z - what is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer your original question, I have been looking for a wreck for a while at auction. The vehicle (in my opinion) should have been totaled. I see these cars going between 2k and maybe 5k at a salvage auction if totaled with a salvage title.
For someone like me, why would I pay more when they they are available around the country? It would be a shop toy. For someone with the intentions of restoring and then selling it, the math should be pretty simple.

Last edited by Theatrix; 01-19-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:43 AM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
lol damn guys, cut this guy a bit of slack.
No, he's a retard who needs to be castrated.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Richy350Z

So you won't feel as bad....sell it by parts on here. I need some parts!!!

**Things that people do just to say they own a Z**
Old 01-19-2007, 10:28 AM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
No, he's a retard who needs to be castrated.
you must be one of the 16 year old i referred to earlier in my posts.

Anyways thanks for the advice guys.

The suspension work was done by a professional, not by me.

The car has no frame damage but my buddy told me it needs to be pulled a little on the passenger side door because the door won't shut properly.

The drivetrain is fine. I started up the car and it runs perfect. I drove the car and went through every gear, tranny's fine.

The car is in fact not salvaged, it has a clean title. Why? I dont know.

I'm not really worried about finding good deals on parts because the shop gets discounts off of aftermarket and oem parts. The problem for me is the complete repair of the car. More than i thought i could afford. I do have a license to go to Insurance auto auctions so that's not a problem either. I put the car on craigslist just to see what kind of offers i'll get for it. I set a ridiculous price of 12,500 just to see how low people would try to bring it down.

Last edited by dsmboost; 01-19-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:34 AM
SniperHunter

Consider this, take the value of the car in perfect condition and cut it by 55%. This is a salvaged car, ultimately. And it's worth the salvaged price. I never see salvaged Zs sell for more than 8 grand.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:39 AM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Consider this, take the value of the car in perfect condition and cut it by 55%. This is a salvaged car, ultimately. And it's worth the salvaged price. I never see salvaged Zs sell for more than 8 grand.

Hope that helps.
Once again, the car is not salvaged! It has a clean title. It does not need to go through inspection.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:15 AM
modzs

Originally Posted by dsmboost
Once again, the car is not salvaged! It has a clean title. It does not need to go through inspection.

You throw around the words "clean title" like they will make people forget that your Z looks like pure scrap metal. I don't know how much you paid for the car, but judging from what you are trying to get out of it, you paid too much. Chalk this up as a learning experience and part the damn thing out.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:18 AM
modzs

Originally Posted by Nexx
actually we think your car is a pos not worth much and you playing it off like you have no idea wtf its worth in actuality you know you probably paid too much and yet you are still trying to make money off this. wow, what a run on sentence. take your trash else where. next time, get to the point. if you want to sell it, set a price. dont come to a forum where everyone owns a Z and knows what a Z is worth and try to rip people off. try ebay, many suckers there. unfortunately for you, we are somewhat edjucated as to what Z cars are worth.
I dont know if you all noticed, but he spelled "educated" wrong. I think that kinda makes his statement null and void.

j/p I agree with what he says.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by modzs
You throw around the words "clean title" like they will make people forget that your Z looks like pure scrap metal. I don't know how much you paid for the car, but judging from what you are trying to get out of it, you paid too much. Chalk this up as a learning experience and part the damn thing out.
People will pay for a clean title. Obviously you don't know the business very well. A salvage title GREATLY reduces the value of a car no matter how it looks. I did not pay too much for it. I got a great deal on it. The problem is is that i didn't plan ahead on how much parts would cost me all together.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:24 AM
SniperHunter

Understandably so. But if you were to sell the car in the condition it is in now...you're only going to get the salvaged value. It may not be a salvage car by title, but it sure does look like one.

Likewise, if you do fix it up and then put it up for sale -- a quick CarFax will educate the customer that they shouldn't touch this Z with a 10, nay, 30 foot pole.

Sell it as is for 8000k at most, and call it a day.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Likewise, if you do fix it up and then put it up for sale -- a quick CarFax will educate the customer that they shouldn't touch this Z with a 10, nay, 30 foot pole.
Well you're forgetting that everyone who wants a Z can not afford a 23-25k Z. If I did fix it up, I would sell it for significantly less than that. It's not like the car is a lost cause. There is barely even any damage to the frame. Besides, if it was a salvage title, do you know how much of a pain it would be to get it through inspection; having to have everything done to their standards.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
GodSendsDeath

I sat get it registerd and part it out. Than make a claim. It will take a few weeks to come through and make sure you get rid of all those parts as in throw them out or cash them out of state. I know its illegal but hey its a thought.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
modzs

People will pay for a clean title. Obviously you don't know the business very well. A salvage title GREATLY reduces the value of a car no matter how it looks. I did not pay too much for it. I got a great deal on it. The problem is is that i didn't plan ahead on how much parts would cost me all together.
People will pay for a clean title yes, as long as that title belongs to a car that isn't in salvaged condition. Sorry bro, you got ripped off.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dsm....my offer was serious!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
VQLOVER

Not tyring to **** you off again, but the a-pillar is bent. Look at pics 1 and 3, the roof line slopes off a good 3 inches or more. Somewhat costly repair. Most people were prob. right in the ballpark of 5-6k maybe like it sits. If you did try to repair it, you're looking at over 10k but you already made it clear that is not an option.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 PM
drivenCSZ

:
The car is in fact not salvaged, it has a clean title. Why? I dont know.

awesome!!! so when it gets sold to some unsuspecting buyer that thinks it has a clean title we can try to answer their questions as to why their Z is having all kinds of problems.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
RICHAZN

Well you're forgetting that everyone who wants a Z can not afford a 23-25k Z. If I did fix it up, I would sell it for significantly less than that. It's not like the car is a lost cause. There is barely even any damage to the frame. Besides, if it was a salvage title, do you know how much of a pain it would be to get it through inspection; having to have everything done to their standards.
so now you are saying it DOES have frame damage... hmmm interesting
Old 01-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Mewantbfp

Well to be honest you have 3 simple options:

1. Sell it like it is for 5-7 grand (easiest)

2. Part it out and sell the parts here on the forum and also on ebay (its good money) (most ethical and still pretty easy)

3. Fix it up little by little while making money at your job until its all fixed up. Even if it takes a few months ( and a few credit cards) to get it fixed you could still sell it for at least 17,000 (assuming it does have a clean title and you get all the body work free). I would prefer this option because in the end you will have a Z and the choice to keep it or sell it.

Now of course if you sell it never show anyone those pictures you showed us because they are obviously the reason we think its a piece of ****. Personally i wouldn't have bought this car. As it was hit in the front and the airbags deployed your probably in for alot more repairs then you or the body shop expects (I buy and sell used cars I also own a salvaged Z that only had the driver door replaced. Im actually pretty surprised that your car wasnt totalled, i can only assume it was never reported to the insurance company as i know me vehicle had hardly any damage and was still totaled.)
But hey its too late to worry. I wish you luck.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:56 PM
imjdoggie

actually we think your car is a pos not worth much and you playing it off like you have no idea wtf its worth in actuality you know you probably paid too much and yet you are still trying to make money off this. wow, what a run on sentence. take your trash else where. next time, get to the point. if you want to sell it, set a price. dont come to a forum where everyone owns a Z and knows what a Z is worth and try to rip people off. try ebay, many suckers there. unfortunately for you, we are somewhat edjucated as to what Z cars are worth.

Originally Posted by modzs
I dont know if you all noticed, but he spelled "educated" wrong. I think that kinda makes his statement null and void.

j/p I agree with what he says.

In the original post it is even underlined and BOLD, he had to have done this on purpose. If not he better put his flame suit on IMO he should be Char Grilled!!!!! LOL JK Man!!

Last edited by imjdoggie; 01-19-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:59 PM
modzs

Originally Posted by imjdoggie

In the original post it is even underlined and BOLD, he had to have done this on purpose. If not he better put his flame suit on IMO he should be Char Grilled!!!!! LOL JK Man!!

Naw, actually I underlined and put the word in bold to highlight the error.

Quick Reply: Wrecked 350z - what is it worth?