Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wrecked 350z - what is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:27 PM
dsmboost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked 350z - what is it worth?

I just recently bought this wrecked 350z (with a clean title and 17k miles; 6 speed) and my plan was to restore it. I then realized that I would not be able to afford all the repairs, so now I must sell the car. Only problem is, I have no idea what it's worth in this condition. I know nothing about 350z's (enthusiast-wise). The suspension was all messed up, but i have replaced most of the assembly on both side so it is in fully drive-able condition.

thanks for any help.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:34 PM
modzs

dude, the airbags deployed. Usually insurance companies "total" a vehicle when that happens. I hope you didnt spend more than 3k on that car.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not try selling it for the price which you bought it...

And if you bought that with a clean title, then you got ****ed.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:37 PM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by modzs
dude, the airbags deployed. Usually insurance companies "total" a vehicle when that happens. I hope you didnt spend more than 3k on that car.
The car is not totalled. The car has a clean title, mind telling me why i'm ****ed?. I'll tell you I spent more than 3k on that car, including the work i already put into it for the suspension. Just wondering what it would be valued in that condition. Also, there is no frame damage surprisingly.

Last edited by dsmboost; 01-18-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:40 PM
QuicksilverZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it has a clean title...why not register it and say you totaled it....and collect...lol....can that even be done? just an idea
Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 PM
modzs

Originally Posted by dsmboost
The car is not totalled. The car has a clean title, mind telling me why i'm ****ed?. I'll tell you I spent more than 3k on that car, including the work i already put into it for the suspension. Just wondering what it would be valued in that condition. Also, there is no frame damage surprisingly.
Why are you ****ed? Take a look at your pictures, because those are worth more than a thousand words.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:49 PM
dsmboost

All that needs to be replaced is the following:
Front Bumper
Driver side head light
Both fenders
air bags
glove compartment area panel
windshield
and maybe a couple other things

i don't see how i'm f**ked, it's like $7,000 worth of repairs MAX. And the car is worth what in excellent condition? $23k? Do the math. It's not as bad as you make it sound.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The frame and suspension are perfectly fine and have been thoroughly checked over??
Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
dsmboost

Frame is fine, suspension was screwed, but i have replaced everything that was damaged. Any clue on the value?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
RICHAZN

hahah i would not give you more than 1000 bucks for that car maybe 2000... you want to know why the windshield is cracked? it is because the drivers side a-pillar is bent ... when that car was in the accident... it had its top down... and i bet you are wondering why the top doesnt close right?....

All that needs to be replaced is the following:
Front Bumper
Driver side head light
Both fenders
air bags
glove compartment area panel
windshield
and maybe a couple other things

i don't see how i'm f**ked, it's like $7,000 worth of repairs MAX. And the car is worth what in excellent condition? $23k? Do the math. It's not as bad as you make it sound
you are kidding yourself if you think that 7000 will cover this damage... that a pillar alone will cost 5000 to fix... look an insurance company chose not to fix that car for a reason... and that reason is that it is not worth it... i feel bad for you because you got screwed... but you arent going to get anything out of it... let me list out some prices for you

a-pillar... 5000
windsheild ... 1000 for nissan glass 500 for ppg glass
front bumper ... 700
hood... 700
fenders... 2000
airbags... 3000
new front crash bar... 600
new front chassis... 900

total 14,900... that is more than 60 percent of the value of the car... car is/should have been TOTALED

talk to a GOOOD body shop... tell me whether or not that comes close... i am pretty sure it is

but hey... you can always part out the car... your car has a nice rear end...

Last edited by RICHAZN; 01-18-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
dsmboost

I think you are misunderstanding the question. My question was: What is the value of the car in it's current condition. Not: How much would you pay for the car. The a-pillar is not bent fyi.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
bam025

ill give you 3K for it..lol
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
dsmboost

Originally Posted by bam025
again, doesnt answer my question.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:21 PM
RICHAZN

I think you are misunderstanding the question. My question was: What is the value of the car in it's current condition. Not: How much would you pay for the car. The a-pillar is not bent fyi.
sure... keep on tellin yourself that bub... you took the pictures... and the current value of your car is how much someone would pay for it... i am telling you how much i value the car at... you can try to get someone to pay more for it... 3 grand any takers? stop lying to yourself... you have a-pillar damage
Old 01-18-2007, 09:23 PM
RICHAZN

Originally Posted by bam025
damn ... already one taker do i hear 4k?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:26 PM
dsmboost

How old are all of you, 16? Value of a car is not what you would pay, but the value of the car on the market. I figured this forum would be full of kids who's parents bought them their cars.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How old are all of you, 16? Value of a car is not what you would pay, but the value of the car on the market. I figured this forum would be full of kids who's parents bought them their cars.
actually we think your car is a pos not worth much and you playing it off like you have no idea wtf its worth in actuality you know you probably paid too much and yet you are still trying to make money off this. wow, what a run on sentence. take your trash else where. next time, get to the point. if you want to sell it, set a price. dont come to a forum where everyone owns a Z and knows what a Z is worth and try to rip people off. try ebay, many suckers there. unfortunately for you, we are somewhat edjucated as to what Z cars are worth.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:33 PM
RICHAZN

21 actually... and no mommy and daddy didnt buy me sh*t... i pay for my own cars... my own gas... my own insurance... and i work very very very hard for my toys... i live on my own... and in california of all places to live... i got my sh*t together... and that is market value... tell you what... put the car on ebay and see if you get more than 3k
Old 01-18-2007, 09:34 PM
RICHAZN

Originally Posted by Nexx
actually we think your car is a pos not worth much and you playing it off like you have no idea wtf its worth in actuality you know you probably paid too much and yet you are still trying to make money off this. wow, what a run on sentence. take your trash else where. next time, get to the point. if you want to sell it, set a price. dont come to a forum where everyone owns a Z and knows what a Z is worth and try to rip people off. try ebay, many suckers there. unfortunately for you, we are somewhat edjucated as to what Z cars are worth.
BINGO!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:35 PM
dsmboost

I'm not trying to rip anybody off. If anyone wanted to buy the car, they could gladly come and look at it. I'm not trying to sell it to anybody on here. All i'm asking is what it's worth. Even IF the car had a messed up a-pillar, that's beyond the point. I was asking for the value of the car in the condition that I stated. I was considering to buy a wrecked TT 300zx at one point that was in similar condition to this Z, and the 300zx guys gave me normal answers, in fact they gave higher prices than you all did. You're telling me a 13 year old 300zx is worth more in the same wrecked condition than an 04 Z?

Last edited by dsmboost; 01-18-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Wrecked 350z - what is it worth?