Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Smoke Reflectors and Courtesy Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 04:33 PM
output-error

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke Reflectors and Courtesy Parts

I was not at all sure where exactly to put this, so I decided General Forum was the best place.

On Courtesy Parts, I noticed that they changed the date on when they would get the smoke reflectors in to May/June, but sometime recently they took the smoke colored reflectors off their site, an item I've been waiting for them to get for sometime. I didn't receive an e-mail notification from Courtesy about it even though I had already placed an order for the items.

The problem I have with this is that I was billed for these items (as well as a Fairlady Z emblem I had ordered in the same shipment) and never got notification that they removed the side markers, (and I just noticed the emblem is also apparently missing from the site).

Currently their offices are closed, so I'm going to have to get on the phone with them tomorrow about this and get my money back and/or figure out what happened.

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else here, so I just wanted to tell anyone else about this in case they had also preordered their smoke reflectors and were wondering what happened to them.

The reflectors/side markers were on this page: http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z/exterior.html under the clear side markers, but now they are gone, and no where to be found.

Also if anyone where could tell me what the heck is going on, that would be helpful.

-Rob
Old 04-02-2003, 04:50 PM
jimster716

Good to know...i also ordered the smoke markers and fairlady z emblem and i was charged for them. Please post any updates.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:57 PM
kitkos

Relax, they're not going to rip you, I've gotten 4 different shipments from them. I'm sure they will come through.

I also, am waiting for my Fairlady Z badge from them(paid in advance). I ordered it along with the Nismo Oil Cap & Radiator cap, smoked markers and the Black Pearl Plate frame.
See them here
All but the Fairlady badge came in. They notified me and said it would be here in "mid-april".

ain't skeerd!

Last edited by kitkos; 04-02-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:05 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Believe Me When I Say

The integrity, permormance and customer service at Courtesy Parts is, without question in my book, as good as it gets. I have been very lucky when dealing with a number of terrific part stores and Courtesy, like the otheres, will not let you down.

Call Steve or the other guys in parts and you will get your concerns addressed in a heartbeat.

Guananteed.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:34 PM
output-error

I am not trying to take unfair shots at Courtey Parts, but I have only made one other order from them and it just makes me more than slightly worried when they do this. With only one other order and now this is makes it hard for me to trust them .

As long as I either get the parts or get a refund I have no problem with them except for their lack of notification. Please don't take it the wrong way if it sounds like I'm worthlessly complaining about this.

Edit: Also, thanks for the response on this, not so worried anymore.

Last edited by output-error; 04-02-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:48 PM
john350Z

i talked to steve about a month and a half ago. he took my order of smoked reflectors, jdm horns, fairladyz rear emblem, rear cargo net separator, and carbon front finisher.

the smoked reflectors and rear cargo net separator was not supposed to be in yet, but they showed up with the same shipment.

i guess i was lucky.

i've ordered from them several times. good service in my end.

my .02 cents.

john
Old 04-02-2003, 06:13 PM
importriders

Yeah, no need to worry about getting ripped off by Courtesy. They're one of the best I've ever dealt with.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:15 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Try contacting PartsPeddler (also known as Steve). I'm not sure how often he's on, but he should be able to straighten everything out for you. He's a manager (I believe) at Courtesy Parts. Nothing but top notch guys over there, though!

Good Luck!
Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM
NismoEagleRock

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

like everyone else has said, don't worry about a poor investment with courtesy parts. they're a really good company to deal with. i ordered my smoked lenses and fairlady z emblem on february 23, and i received the fairlady z emblem march 3. the smoked reflectors came later that week. i was expecting both of these items in late march as stated on their website, but they pulled through for me. anyway, they do good business, if you ask me. and just wait, you might get something in the mail when you least expect it. oh yeah, can't beat their prices either.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:42 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve is top notch. Don't worry about your order.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:08 AM
PartsPeddler
Sponsor
Courtesy Nissan

Thanks to all for your kind words about our store! You really know how to start our day here!

The reason we have stopped accepting orders for the markers and emblems is we are sold out of everything we are expecting to arrive here (now) through May. There have been delays (from Japan) filling the existing orders due to unexpected demand for these items that were intended for the Japanese Domestic Market only.

Until we can get confirmation (from Japan) that our future orders will be filled in a timely manner, we felt it best to stop accepting orders.

If anyone prefers a refund now for these delayed items, please PM me and we'll issue credit.

Kind regards,

Steve
Old 04-03-2003, 12:04 PM
output-error

Originally posted by PartsPeddler
Until we can get confirmation (from Japan) that our future orders will be filled in a timely manner, we felt it best to stop accepting orders.

If anyone prefers a refund now for these delayed items, please PM me and we'll issue credit.

Kind regards,

Steve
Well thanks for clearing that up. Sorry about this all, but I just wasn't sure if y'all had stop selling the item or something else. Nice to know what's going on, but I sure would have liked some sort of contact explaining what happened.

Thanks, Steve.

-Rob
Old 04-04-2003, 10:09 AM
jimster716

Originally posted by jimster716
Good to know...i also ordered the smoke markers and fairlady z emblem and i was charged for them. Please post any updates.
I received my smoke reflectors today in the mail. Just waiting on the Fairlady Z emblem. Thanks PartsPeddler.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:43 PM
PartsPeddler
Sponsor
Courtesy Nissan

Glad to hear you received your reflectors. We are still waiting on the emblems. We are not sure when they will release.

Steve

Originally posted by jimster716
I received my smoke reflectors today in the mail. Just waiting on the Fairlady Z emblem. Thanks PartsPeddler.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:42 PM
z-extreme

I'm planning on ordering a whole slew of parts for the Z. I know I can get the basics cheaper than bu placing the order through my dealer. Since they won't budge on the price I'll go to someone who will.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:32 AM
jplvr

I just got my first shipment from CP and I'm sure it won't be the last. I did notice that the Fairlady Emblem wasn't included, but I didn't have time to check to see whether or not I was billed. I would've found it odd (not shady) that I would be billed w/out shipment but no problem really.

I do want the smoked reflectors and wish I'd ordered them with the rest of my stuff. I don't mind being put on a waiting list. Steve, let me know what I might need to do. I'd rather be on a waiting list than miss out on a shipment.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:31 AM
cheeves

Add me to that list also!!
Old 04-06-2003, 07:50 AM
ZThang

I just smoked my reflectors w/some tint film that comes in this roll. I'd post pics but i don't have the camera w/me...i'm sure the quality isn't as good as the jdm smoked ones, but good enough for me...and cost a lot less. I'll post pics as soon as i can.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:10 AM
output-error

After giving CP a call, they said that Japan stopped shipping over the emblems, so they refunded me for that. They also told me the reflectors should be in early this week, Tuesday maybe.

Sorry to hear about the emblem deal, guess I could probably ask one of my friends in Japan to get one from a dealership for me and send it over. But I'm happy about the reflectors

-Rob
Old 04-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Slexis200

go for the white outs, there much nicer

Quick Reply: Smoke Reflectors and Courtesy Parts