2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

vividracing.com SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:38 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by MERK350Z
your right i would not like it, but like i said it before don't sell something you can't deliver on and lie about it saying you can thats the only thing that got me mad i would have ordered the 6 other parts i need from him if did not BS me thats all .
Giving the vendor the benefit of the doubt, I believe they try their best to deliver what they quote. Or at least, I'd say they quote an anticipated delivery time out of good faith. Meaning, they mean well, but sometimes unforseeable circumstances arise. In this case, it is drop shipment from the supplier. The more middle-men you have involved, the higher probability of error to occur. Like I said before, it's not an exact science. Ya gotta roll with the punches.

What I believe it all comes down to is that you had a dead line and desired this exhaust for the next meet. Not recieving it on time, let you down emotionally. Kinda like a kid on Christmas that is expecting that one toy, after hinting to his parents over and over, then never recieves in on Christmas morning. No worries, one thing I've learned in life is to never set the same expectations of others as you would upon yourself, because you will always end up dissapointed...

Happy sailing,
Val
Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
ohSIXz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know billy. hes a cool guy, i picked up his arc radiator shroud when he parted out his SICK z. i wanted his carbon fiber hatch, but it was gone already. that kid isnt trying to screw anyone over he just wants to be cool with everyone... cuz hes cool. my 2 cents aint worth anything tho.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 AM
sicdeusvult

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

absolutely. I just spent $$$$$$$$$ with vivid and plan to do more business with them in the future. billy is a badass guy to do business with.

i only have good things to say about vivid, as do the guys in my motorsport club who *also* independently bought from vivid before we even met each other. that should say a lot right there, it does to me.

for vivid & billy

edit: a mod should edit the title of the thread and call it "vividracing.com ROCKS" lol

Last edited by sicdeusvult; 05-02-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:03 PM
sadclown

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
He wanted a part in 10 days, I guess told Vivid this, but isn't getting there in time for his "meet". He was so upset he spent the time capitalizing every word.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:09 PM
gotbooost

I ordered my central 20 3.9 FD from them last year. Placed a phone order and Michael said it would be about 15 dollars to ship. On the website it clearly said 12.xx dollars to ship via fedex. (15 for ups ground)

I got the part in a week or so but I was charged a ridiculous 40 dollars for shipping. It was poorly packaged on top of that.

I called Michael and told him that on the website shipping was only 12-15 bucks. He said he'd look into it.

Of course I never got a response from him. If I never got the part I would have complained through my credit card company but I figured it would be tough b/c it was a phone order. Lesson learned-I'll never shop at vivid racing again.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 PM
sicdeusvult

Originally Posted by gotbooost
I ordered my central 20 3.9 FD from them last year. Placed a phone order and Michael said it would be about 15 dollars to ship. On the website it clearly said 12.xx dollars to ship via fedex. (15 for ups ground)

I got the part in a week or so but I was charged a ridiculous 40 dollars for shipping. It was poorly packaged on top of that.

I called Michael and told him that on the website shipping was only 12-15 bucks. He said he'd look into it.

Of course I never got a response from him. If I never got the part I would have complained through my credit card company but I figured it would be tough b/c it was a phone order. Lesson learned-I'll never shop at vivid racing again.

refer to:

Originally Posted by VividRacing
mike is not here anymore, Im the one who's in charge here in the Z forums since end of nov. and I'm a Z owner myself
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 PM
gotbooost

Originally Posted by sicdeusvult
refer to:
Well that's how I will think about Vivid Racing since that was my personal experience with them. It's unfortunate that Michael acted that way on their behalf but there's nothing that was done to rectify the situation.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:37 PM
thanh27

After reading this whole thing...yes...even the initial post lol...I think everyone missed the main point. It's a put yourself in his shoes situation. A consumer (you) calls a company up and requests an item and a "must" request. "Can you get this part and have it shipped to me on or before so and so date?" If you ask this of a business and they state "yes, we can" the assumption and the service level now required by that business is to uphold to that answer. If they stated it might not, might be able to, no, then that at least allows the consumer to have the option to either take the risk, or take the business elsewhere.

We obviously don't know how the conversation went but must go on what was initially posted, and according to the consumer, they did make the statement that they could. So comes the putting yourself in his shoes situation. If you NEEDED something by a set date, and it does not come, and were told it would, do you as a consumer have the right to be mad? If you ask an employee to have a project done by a specific date, but he does not come through, do you have the right to be infuriated?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:37 PM
thanh27

As a side note, super emergencies like that would have me shell out the extra moola and pay for a faster shipping option.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Devil Z

OP you fail. FAIL.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:41 PM
zhendricks

Merk, you live and you learn, move on. Its cool.
In business we'de all like things to work out just right
but, without fault we would not be able to improve.

Backing up Vivid: I'm sure the guys over there do the best
they can with making sure things are done the right way
the first time.

From a company starting out of a garage by a couple of friends
to now a well know/industry standard name in the aftermarket world speaks volumes. They must be doing something right.

Merk, We've heard what you've had to say. thanks again for your imput.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
...JUST BE PATIENT, it's not like its been a month
Almost two...can I haz just a pm? for piece of mind?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:46 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

What u order king?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You bumped a 7 year old thread for THAT???????
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 AM
ShadowHunter66

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
It's only 6 years, so it's okay.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM
TPete19

Weel, since this is up near the top again, I'll chip in with my two cents.

My experience with Vivid was less than stellar.

Part of it was due to the wheel manufacturer taking much longer than they had told Vivid, but delays on getting wheels built is almost expected.

My big issue was the way my experience was handled on Vivid's end. By the end of my two month wait, I dealt with four different salesmen, who couldn't keep prices straight an ended up shorting me the set of wheel locks that were in the original quote and also ended up increasing the price by ~$100. And to top it off, their automated "update" emails would be completely blank, facilitating a phone call to find out what had changed.

It wasn't the worst experience in the world, but they've dropped to the bottom of my vendor list.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM
WreakZ

Vivid does blow tho. Most recent I bought a bumper off them. It was a piece of ****. We tried making it fit as best as we can but lines were just too awful. we didnt even try cAlling them, Already know they can't do ****, We just pulled it offf threw it to the trash. After a few hammer hits through it
Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
What u order king?
just a shift ****...but I bumped this because I work in customer service as well and taking 2-3 minutes to send a reply isn't hard

Originally Posted by PerfZ
didn't want to make two threads with the same title

Originally Posted by ShadowHunter66
It's only 6 years, so it's okay.

Originally Posted by WreakZ
Vivid does blow tho. Most recent I bought a bumper off them. It was a piece of ****. We tried making it fit as best as we can but lines were just too awful. we didnt even try cAlling them, Already know they can't do ****, We just pulled it offf threw it to the trash. After a few hammer hits through it
Just to quote it
Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Ordered some carbon chargespeed skirts, had a tracking number the next day then they arrived about a week later. No problems here.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by WreakZ
What does this have to do with Vivid? You bought someone else's product. Fitment of that product has nothing to do with Vivid. Try purchasing a better product next time. It's like purchasing chit coilovers from a retailer and then blaming the retailer for the chit quality.

Quick Reply: vividracing.com SUCKS