Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

change order = slipped delivery date?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 04:14 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the pics of the Frost interior were posted I seriously thought about changing my order. I spoke with the dealer who said he would call NNA but he forgot. Anyway he did mention initially that the change could/probably would delay the delivery.

Sorry to hear about your dilema but I don't see that there is anything you can do about it now. It really sucks that the dealers have no clue about this pre-order program or how to listen to what the customer is saying. I always do my dealings by email...not that the Sales Mgr. responds via the same but at least I have a record.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:15 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From your story, it doesn't seem like the Nav really had anything to do with it. If your dealer today still cannot see your order number, then you really never had an original scheduled delivery date of August. If your dealer had told you that, I'd say he was either hoping, guessing, or was misled.

But you aren't alone, if that is any comfort. There are plenty of others who have not received order numbers/delivery dates yet.

Maybe next week will be when we all find out. Maybe the following week.

Maybe sometime after that.

I like to think that there is good news just around the corner. It helps.....but not a lot.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:42 AM
rouxeny

You're not the first nor the last to discover that they've gotten incorrect info from the dealer. I'd say we're all fairly disappointed at how bad the dealer's knowledge of the Z and the whole preorder process is. I don't think there's anything you can do about it now though and keep in mind that your dealer would be more than glad to have you cancel and then be able to sell the car at an elevated price.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:11 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

It is really clear that many of the Nissan dealers are too busy selling the current Nissan cars to care much about the new Z's. Quite a few of us have tales of frustration generated by working with salesmen who obviously don't give a flying fig about helping us. A very short sighted way of doing business. I plan to make sure everyone I ever come in contact with knows how bad my dealer is and to avoid doing business with him at all costs - As soon as I get my car out the door, I will start shopping around for a different dealer to handle the service and any warranty issues that may arise.