Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Oh my god......Just crashed my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
norapat01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as there's no machanical damage, just replace the body panel...prob about 5G if you go to a reputable body shop. Also, you didn't menttion the detail of the accident....so i hope the accident isn't you fault ( that way the other party could pay for your damage ).

Also, next time get atleast a winter tire for the Z. I never have any problem driving my Z in snow.

Good luck.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:08 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look at the rear passenger side wheel in those pictures, and then try to convince me theres no mechanical damage.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
Are you kidding me? LOL

Yes, by all means go ahead and try to sue someone for your own double stupidity.

1. no comprehensive coverage
2. you drove a Z in THAT?
What else is he supposed to do??? Fly to fkn work??
Old 02-18-2007, 06:28 PM
horse110

Originally Posted by Casanova
What else is he supposed to do??? Fly to fkn work??
naw bro look in post #25, he went to pick up a friend at night...

to the OP, getting a repair quote is more realistic than having these people guess your damage because there are things we can't see in these pictures.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Jenn350Z

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Only a salvaged title if it's totalled out.

There was no colision insurance on it so he won't be going through insurance, and if you don't go through insurance then they don't know about the accident which means......... it won't be titled "Salvage" or anything for that matter.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:30 PM
bofa

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
look at the rear passenger side wheel in those pictures, and then try to convince me theres no mechanical damage.
Naah.. that's that rear active steer he got off a G35...
Old 02-18-2007, 06:31 PM
horse110

and the rear axle is pretty f*cked up, I gues that'll cost quite a bit to get it completely fixed.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:43 PM
azn_speedracer

if i were you just get it fixed and take all of the interior out and make it into a track car those airbags are big $
Old 02-18-2007, 08:01 PM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Really then how do you know if the hendges wont need replacing from looking at a few pics? The quarter panel is only being held on with 5 screws and some plastic popers, the door looks like it was pushed in and back so the from around the front roll bar looks like it could be bent towords the back. Fixing the passanger quarter is going to be easier then fixing this door. Of course this is only from seeing the pics I need to see the car physicly in order to give a better estimate.

I think you're talking about the rocker moulding (what's below the door). The quarter panel is the part behind the door that pushed in, which is welded/panel bonded in. The door is an easy fix. I can tell by the fender gap that it hasn't been pushed.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 PM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by Jenn350Z
There was no colision insurance on it so he won't be going through insurance, and if you don't go through insurance then they don't know about the accident which means......... it won't be titled "Salvage" or anything for that matter.

Precisely.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:04 PM
SpoilsofWar

Part the car out, and learn from your mistakes.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:54 AM
The_VQ

Fix it, and mod hell out of it - fix the panels, the rear axle and convert it to a track car. That Z is in a pretty god shape to get it fixed so I wouldn't recommend you to part it.

BTW How much for the whole car 7-8k ?? (I've seen an 06 Base with minor front end damage for 10k - no mechanical issues whatsover, just some bodywork)

Last edited by The_VQ; 02-20-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:54 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tungcruz
If I do not replace the SIDE airbags, will I see the airbags signal light on or flash on the dashboard? I will definitely repair the car if the cost is less than 10k.
Thanks for you guys help. I really appreciate that!!!
Best bet is to buy a set of Used Seats on Ebay. The Curtain Airbags are hard to come by used, Check a Junk Yard.

You can get 2, Brand new, Carbon Fiber doors for about $1200 or so, I would do that too.

Actually, You can probably get 95% of your pannels and parts here on the Forum from other members, Just get an estimate to repair and note what parts you need. Make a List and Put a post up "Want to Buy" with everything you need.

Last edited by sq40; 02-20-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:44 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by sq40
You can get 2, Brand new, Carbon Fiber doors for about $1200 or so, I would do that too.
I would not do CF doors UNLESS you have a full cage, with side beams. If you get hit in the door.. kiss your a$$ goodbye without sidebars.

(Stock doors have a nice thick steel bar in them.)
Old 02-20-2007, 08:58 AM
JCZ33

Here is my $1 worth...

When buying a car, one must do a simple Cost Analysis.

Payment + Insurance + Gas/Oil/Maintenance + MISC

EX:

If one can afford a $400 payment per month, then you are probably going to need to find a car that will cost $200 per month; why?

Car - $200
INS - $100(full coverage)
Gas/Oil/Maintenance - $100(minimum)

So you basically have a $400 dollar car payment per month.

Impulse buyers over look INS, Oil/Gas/Maintenance.

I'm glad you’re O.K.

What is funny to me is that you seem to be able to afford a body kit, wheels and tires, but neglect proper Insurance. A decision to be improperly insured places not only you and your passengers at risk, but the rest of your fellow American driver as well.

When making life decisions, let this be a rule of thumb... "Before I make this decision, let me consider how it might affect my immediately family, friends and fellow citizens." Once those factors are thought of, then make the decision that will positively affect all parties. This is called being ethical, you might have heard the saying; "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you." Just think what it would have been like if an uninsured motorist hit you, and you had no way to recover your loss. That is the risk you place others in when you drive your Z in the snow with out propper insurance.

My suggestion is to sell the Z, buy a car that is tailored to your climate zone and one that you can comfortably afford the insurance as well as the oil/gas/maintenance and payment.

When I bought my Z, I had all the previously mentioned input factors considered, and therefore it was a wise choice to buy it. I also had a 4WD truck for in climate weather.

Don't sacrifice tomorrow for today.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:19 AM
dubbzdiggler

On Blizzaks, the Z is fine in the winter, but it looks like that Z had summer tires on it. DUH!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:34 AM
bamyi

Trungcruz: Ignore the negatives here. You made a mistake and paid the price. Here's my advice....

If you decide to repair it, get the airbags fix too. Don't go cheap on your safety cause once you die, no fullcoverage insurance is going to bring you back.

You can probably part out some parts such as your wheels to help reduce the cost. Dkmura's adivce is also sound. He knows what he's talking about since he has dedicated his entire life toward the Zs.

Your ability to remain modest and calm in this sea of negative replies have earn you some respect in my book.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by bamyi
Your ability to remain modest and calm in this sea of negative replies have earn you some respect in my book.

Ya no kidding. Respect! We've all done stupid things, all had to pay for them at different times. Such is life.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
azula

wow, it looks pretty much totalled to me
Old 02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by Tubbs
Ya no kidding. Respect! We've all done stupid things, all had to pay for them at different times. Such is life.

no excuse, insurance before wheels, thats the kind of thing you shouldnt haveto learn, i thought it was common sense

Quick Reply: Oh my god......Just crashed my car!!