Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Too Short for a Z?

Old 02-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jshin10
Alright, so I have wanted a z for some time now. I love the way it looks, the car is fast enough for me, and put simply, the z is an affordable sports car -- that is what I have always wanted.

However, I am a 17 yr old girl who is 5'3"... haha. Yesterday, while sitting in my friend's mustang, I realized that I could not see anything out of the rear window because of my height. This made me think.... will a 350z still be practical for someone of my height?

I know I should just go out and test drive to see for myself, but I just wanted to know if anyone here has first hand experience with concerning my issue.

Yeah.... anyone 5'3" here?
we are going to need some pics to see if you would fit or not.

LOL, j/k

On a serious note, i know a girl, she's probably around that height, she drives a Z, no problem.
I also let my ex drive my Z (when we were together), she's about 5'3" as well.

So I don't think you would have a problem.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Devil Z

5'5" here and no problems at all.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
ILoveZ864

uhm, where do you live in illinois??
Old 02-26-2007, 12:48 PM
40ozfreedom

Originally Posted by acelesson
Stick to tC's honey....leave tha Z to the men
...D Bag. Just don't even talk.

I;m a 17 year old girl also and I'm about 5'4". I would have to agree that the rear visibility is minimal and most of the time is guess work, but you get used to it just like with any other new car.
Just go ahead and take a Z on a test drive and see for yourself. But beware, you are going to fall in love.
Can you drive a 6 speed? I promise the boys love it haha
Old 02-26-2007, 12:50 PM
LvntheZ

Originally Posted by 40ozfreedom
...Can you drive a 6 speed? I promise the boys love it haha and you are going to fall in love.
i think i already did
Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 PM
ILoveZ864

im 17, you're 17, i have a Z, you're gonna get a Z, i live in illinois, you do too.....im no stalker but where in illinois do you live??
a girl driving a manual Z = my dreamgirl
Old 02-26-2007, 12:58 PM
jshin10

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
You'll do fine with height. Question is: can your brain control your right foot at 17?

(Don't take offense, I ask this of all under 25 or so on here!).
None taken. I've already considered my age into the equation which is why I am planning on buying a Z when I'm 20+ . I've reasoned that I can use the time to save up money, gather more driving experience, and look around for better prices.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:07 PM
jshin10

Originally Posted by modzs
I bet you don't know jack **** compared to half the guys on this site. Please don't make claims like that, even though it was wrong of him to bring gender into the discussion.
Okay, I apologize for my generalizing claim... but didn't you just also make a huge assumption about me? I realize that I probably don't know much, but I do read forums a couple hours a night. I used to read 3+ hours within the first month... just soaking everything in. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I purchase a Z. I'm passionate about this car, and I haven't even driven one yet!

I'm sorry I offended you with my statement. So maybe you are right and I really don't know squat. If this is the case then tell me something I don't already know... it only benefits my cause.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:10 PM
ldawg32

I would have to agree that the rear visibility is minimal and most of the time is guess work, but you get used to it
wow and my insurance with a perfect record is 2300 a year.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
jshin10

Originally Posted by ILoveZ864
im 17, you're 17, i have a Z, you're gonna get a Z, i live in illinois, you do too.....im no stalker but where in illinois do you live??
Haha, um... yeah, that's definitely questionable. Stalker like characteristics...

I live in wheaton, which is near naperville. I don't really hook up with guys on car forums???
Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, so I have wanted a z for some time now. I love the way it looks, the car is fast enough for me, and put simply, the z is an affordable sports car -- that is what I have always wanted.

However, I am a 17 yr old girl who is 5'3"... haha. Yesterday, while sitting in my friend's mustang, I realized that I could not see anything out of the rear window because of my height. This made me think.... will a 350z still be practical for someone of my height?

I know I should just go out and test drive to see for myself, but I just wanted to know if anyone here has first hand experience with concerning my issue.

my daughter is that height, and has no problems at all driving my Z
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
sadclown

my gf is 5'5 and she doesnt have any problems, you should be fine
Old 02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
jshin10

I;m a 17 year old girl also and I'm about 5'4". I would have to agree that the rear visibility is minimal and most of the time is guess work, but you get used to it just like with any other new car.
Just go ahead and take a Z on a test drive and see for yourself. But beware, you are going to fall in love.
Can you drive a 6 speed? I promise the boys love it haha
Yes, I can drive a 6 speed. I don't own a sportscar yet but I've been practicing on my cousins g35 All with the intention of sharpening the shifting skills so I don't hurt my future Z in any way. I am trying to cover all the bases beforehand.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Devil Z

Maybe you should meet that 17-year-old kid, he seems like he's at the point where he wouldn't even care if you wrecked his car. ROFLMFAO.

And no, you're not too short. Happy driving.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:28 PM
ws350

My wife is 5'2" and she hasn't complained about not being able to see. But as someone mentioned before, try to not sit too close to the airbag if possible.

Also, if I recall correctly, some versions of the driver's seat had one height adjustment ****, and others had two (e.g., I think the tan/orange mesh seat in the roadster only has one), so you might want to try both types to see if it makes a difference.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Barmats

Okay, I apologize for my generalizing claim... but didn't you just also make a huge assumption about me? I realize that I probably don't know much, but I do read forums a couple hours a night. I used to read 3+ hours within the first month... just soaking everything in. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I purchase a Z. I'm passionate about this car, and I haven't even driven one yet!

I'm sorry I offended you with my statement. So maybe you are right and I really don't know squat. If this is the case then tell me something I don't already know... it only benefits my cause.
Well said... you are very diplomatic for such a young lady, and I give you props for maintaining your composure in your responses. You know it's possible to get flamed for just about anything on any forum, and being a young lady on this forum definitely opens you up to verbal diatribe... if I may be so bold as to use that word. You seem very smart and I'm sure once you get your Z, you'll drive it carefully and enjoy it like the rest of us!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Ahmads350z

Originally Posted by ILoveZ864
good first post(s)

IP check?

this guys post reminds me of this pic
Attachment 414041
Old 02-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by Barmats
Well said... you are very diplomatic for such a young lady, and I give you props for maintaining your composure in your responses. You know it's possible to get flamed for just about anything on any forum, and being a young lady on this forum definitely opens you up to verbal diatribe... if I may be so bold as to use that word. You seem very smart and I'm sure once you get your Z, you'll drive it carefully and enjoy it like the rest of us!
She'll be fine, as long as she doesn't hook up with some random dumbass who tries to hit on her in his first post ever.

Good luck with the purchase, you will LOVE this car.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM
md350

You can't see all that well out the rear window no matter how tall or short you are. Go for it!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:44 PM
jshin10

Haha, Barmats... " " <--- my face exactly after I read that word!

Well, thanks to all that replied and put their .02 in. I really appreciate the feedback.. and LOVE ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS. I'm so excited that my Z dream is still alive!

Thank You for the good news!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Too Short for a Z?