Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Horror Story!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:57 AM
2T350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Horror Story!!!!

Well lets see how to start this about 3 days 02/27 ago I received my car back from nissan jones. Also before picking up I found out that it wasn't serviced at there nissan location but there hyndai location which they so called said they are "Nissan Certified" and assured me that they are as good as the techs that work in the nissan service dept. They did service on it which included replacing a wheel bearing, balancing all 4 tires, fixing a fuel door, and driver side seat. So this is were everything went down hill, I pick my car up and notice they replaced wrong wheel bearing, next I notice that they not only did they sctrach my tint on my window when replacing the driver seat but also scratched up my center console and put a hole in my door panel, also the so called fixed fuel door that was fixed wasn't working. At this time I am furious I talk to the service manager which was very nice he tells me that he apolpgizes that he assures me that everything will be replaced when all the parts come in, that they said they replaced but didnt. So this is were it gets bad I am driving home from meeting up with my girl to go out to olive garden and I get in my Z and start to drive on the highway at the time i was doing about 55-60 with my girlfriend behind me, when all of a sudden I notice the car is shaking in the rear a little more then normal. By normal I mean before I brought up to nissan it was shaking a little and that is when they determined it was a bad wheel bearing. At any rate I then get off the highway and call me girlfriend to ask her if my car looks wierd at all like any wobbiling or anything of that sort. She replied "no it looks fine", so I pull off to see what is up. I check the tire, wheel, axel, lugnuts everything, at this point I am not sure wether it is the wheel, or tranny or axel. So I get back in my car not knowing whats going on. So here is the fun part keep in mind they said they balanced all four tires for me which means they took off my wheels put wieghts on them and placed them back on my car. So anyway driving down the road slowly not knowing what is going on and all of a sudden "BOOM" my wheel flies off my car. So I try to pull my car of the road to saftey with my wheel off my car. I stop and get out and start flipping out I call there emergency help line and flip out on them explaining the story and they say they are sorry and that they are sending a tow truck to help me. Long story meant to be short but wasn't is never get a hyndai tech to work on a nissan. I will keep everyone up to date and try to post pics of car, I am heading up first thing monday morning. I also thank god because 5 mins early if my wheel popped of on the highway I would probably not be writing this story to you guys.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 AM
fanboy

Thats ridiculous. I can never figure out why these guys dont just do their job. Is it really all that hard to do something correctly?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:07 AM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

i smell a lawsuit coming on
Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanmac516
i smell a lawsuit coming on
Why??

I agree its a "horror story", but if the dealeship is comng to pick it up, and makes good on the repairs, what woulld you be suing for?

bill
Old 03-04-2007, 09:39 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Why??

I agree its a "horror story", but if the dealeship is comng to pick it up, and makes good on the repairs, what woulld you be suing for?

bill
Suing for their ****ing stealership, their cars, their life, every peice of jewlery, clothing, tables, chairs, whatever you can sue for! He almost died because of their shotty (not to mention shady) work! I'd be back in that dealership RIGHT NOW and sit there until I get something IN WRITING saying they're 100% responsible and will be fixing everything 100% and then some!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 AM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Why??

bill

hhuuu the guy was almost fu*king killed!!

"Jeez sorry about you near death situation sir, let me get that fixed right this time"
Old 03-04-2007, 09:45 AM
fanboy

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Suing for their ****ing stealership, their cars, their life, every peice of jewlery, clothing, tables, chairs, whatever you can sue for! He almost died because of their shotty (not to mention shady) work! I'd be back in that dealership RIGHT NOW and sit there until I get something IN WRITING saying they're 100% responsible and will be fixing everything 100% and then some!
free oil changes for life!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:50 AM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

yea i think he has every right to sue that dealership for almost killing him and possible others on the road. they didnt do the job right the first time and said they would fix it and then he almost dies. sue them for a gtr at the least. haha
Old 03-04-2007, 09:51 AM
priscilla ls1

Originally Posted by fanboy
free oil changes for life!
After reading this story I would not even let them change my air filter.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:53 AM
fanboy

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Ater reading this story I would not even let them change my air filter.
Yea thats true. Nevermind on the oil changes
Old 03-04-2007, 11:02 AM
2T350Z

Yea i got the tow truck driver to right up what happend and i got plenty of pics of the wheel off
Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 AM
pchong154

hey, where you located in maryland?...

definitely a law suit is reasonable, the dealership put you in a dangerous situation you shouldn't have been in
Old 03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pchong154

definitely a law suit is reasonable, the dealership put you in a dangerous situation you shouldn't have been in

+1 There is no question here they are liable. This is lawsuit all the way. Same thing happened at this shop I use to work at. Lady's wheel fell off because the tech didn't torque down the lugs correctly. She filed against the company and got a $$$ settlement out of court. They are going to suck your dick as much as possible to prevent you from taking legal action.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:49 AM
davidf

I assume when the wheel came off there was some body structure damage from hitting the ground, Pics!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^What did she sue for? She must have been hurt. I don't think you can sue an entity for potentially almost involuntary manslaughter.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
^What did she sue for? She must have been hurt. I don't think you can sue an entity for potentially almost involuntary manslaughter.

very traumatic, now he has a fear of driving
Old 03-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by davidf
I assume when the wheel came off there was some body structure damage from hitting the ground, Pics!
ye i agree.. if one wheel fell off, you should of deffinetely hit the ground... or something
Old 03-04-2007, 12:09 PM
2T350Z

Originally Posted by pchong154

yea i live in harford county, I am going to go up monday and see what they have to say before I take legal action I basically going to replace the whole rear end every screw, bolt, bushing, shock everything
Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ouch, that's not a nice story. Glad to hear that you're okay, that could have been very nasty.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:41 PM
jinsei888

thats a lawsuit for sure, that is 100% neglegence that "endangered your life"

Quick Reply: Horror Story!!!!