Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Rode in the Z today!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 04:29 PM
rai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TJZ

Do you not like having a small shift **** or do you not like the short throws? If its the throw you could learn to drive (j/k). But if its just the shift ****, you could always just buy a bigger one to suite your tastes for pretty cheap.

It's not the size of the shift **** that matters. At least that's what guys with small shift ***** say.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:25 PM
BigBadBuford

I was also at Rosenthal Nissan yesterday from 2:20 or so until 3:15.. I should have waited until they left to hear the motor, but my friend I brought along was getting hungry and wanted dinner.. what a baby.. lol. I wrote a large review of the Z on Zcar.com if you'd like to read it, but I'll recap here. The car did have the side airbags. The seats look the same, but they say SRS airbar or something on the side of them.. you wouldnt notice it unless you were looking. The interior was very nice in my opinion, a lot better than people lead you to believe. The Daytona blue was fantastic, better in person than any of the pictures I've seen. The shifter is short and stubby, fits in your hand very well, and has a precise, mechanical feel. It feels very similar to an Acura RSX-S. The Nav door was my only real complaint, it goes up nicely, but it twists on its track when you pull it down and it feels like it will break. I'd just leave it closed as there isnt much room behind it anyway.
I took some pictures that I will post when I get them developed. My good friend also forgot his digital camera, so we had to stop and pick up a disposable camera. Hopefully they will come out ok!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:16 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by TJZ

Do you not like having a small shift **** or do you not like the short throws? If its the throw you could learn to drive (j/k). But if its just the shift ****, you could always just buy a bigger one to suite your tastes for pretty cheap.
The short throws are a definite advantage (although like I said they do probably increase the odds of an accidental up shift), it just seems to me that just because the throws are short, Nissan didn't need to make the shifter so teeny. And you're probably right, that there will be an aftermarket to replace it, but I won't be getting it, as I stated previously I really don't care that much about the interior, it is more than adequate and the performace (which I was I care about) rawkes. I was just pointing out things I saw that were less than perfect, but certainly this is not a big deal.

Buford, you missed me be about 10 minutes. Too bad, I was hoping to say hi to some of the my350z members. All well, we've been talking about getting the MD, DC and NoVa members together for a trip to Summit Point. Maybe I'll see you then.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:03 AM
TCL

Just got back from Herb Gordon Nissan where the car was on display. I was surprised how big the 17" wheels looked in person. Great ergonomics. No complaints about the interior from me. As everyone has said, the Daytona Blue is fantastic. The kind of blue you associate with a sports car. The only thing I could criticize was the orange peel on the rear bumper. Didn’t notice it elsewhere on the car. That’s something that can vary from car to car on the line, so let’s hope ours come out a little better than this pre-production model.