Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Spring 2007 issue of Nissan Sport mag releasing, features new Project 350Z Street

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Nissan Sport Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring 2007 issue of Nissan Sport mag releasing, features new Project 350Z Street

The new Spring 2007 issue of Nissan Sport goes to press next week. Preview the new cover and table of contents now at www.nissansportmag.com. While the new 2008 G has been getting all the press lately, we’ll have a little surprise for Nissan 350Z fans (sorry, we’re not allowed to say anything yet). We are also adding a Project 350Z Street version to our already popular Project 350Z Tube-Frame race car.

Of course also in the issue we’ll have some stunning Zs from the Tokyo Auto Salon (including an AWD beauty), an RB26 swap in a Z32, mega-horsepower GT-Rs, the cleanest 240Zs you’ve ever seen, updates on 350Z racing efforts, and more.

NOTE: Our subscription rates are going up MARCH 20, since we are adding lots of extra pages (16!), putting us at an even 100. If you do subscribe by Tuesday, March 20, you'll lock in our low subscription rate and get the new Spring 2007 issue. If you have any questions, write me personally at editor@nissansportmag.com or call circulation at 505-771-2374. Thanks as always for all the support. Enjoy the new issue!

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
www.nissansportmag.com
Old 03-15-2007, 11:24 PM
aren21

can you give us a hint about what the surprise is about???????
Old 03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
zstreet86

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just subscribed!! i want that last issue that sold out!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
hiz-n-herz

Yeah, come on.... I just subscribed to your mag, newsletter and email alerts!

Don't let me trade on my 06 350z for an 07 with the HR just to find out displacement will be up in 08
Old 03-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Nissan Sport Ed

Sorry, can't say any more about the little surprise. But current Z owners can rest assured that it's not such an earth-moving announcement that you'll have to run in and trade your Z (i.e., don't look for a 450Z twin turbo).

Dave Bexfield
www.nissansportmag.com
Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

^ ha then i will wait to hear dave
Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

I'll add that we have some VERY interesting motorsports news for G and Z fans coming out of the U.S., Japan and Europe! Nissan Sport continues to develop productive contacts throughout the world to develop Nissan-specific news that NO other publication has published. We've worked (and are STILL working as you read this) to bring the Z community the best Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun content anywhere!

David Muramoto
Senior Editor
Nissan Sport Magazine
Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 AM
THE TECH

Is the mag going to be avail at local stores or is a subscription the only way to get it?
Old 03-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Nissan Sport Ed

The Spring 2007 issue will be available in early/mid April in about 800 bookstores across the US, including many Barnes & Nobles and Borders. A full list of stores that carry Nissan Sport is available at www.nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Nissan Sport Ed

Just a reminder that the deadline to get the Spring 2007 issue with your subscription is today, March 20. The magazine ships to the printer tomorrow and it looks geat. Enjoy the new issue!

Dave Bexfield
www.nissansportmag.com
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 AM
zzz350

Originally Posted by Nissan Sport Ed
Just a reminder that the deadline to get the Spring 2007 issue with your subscription is today, March 20. The magazine ships to the printer tomorrow and it looks geat. Enjoy the new issue!

Dave Bexfield
www.nissansportmag.com
What is the new subscription price going to be?

I think you guys are starting to go in the right direction, at this point. The first couple of issues were fairly lame, I thought much of the content was very boring and not too informative, I got the feeling that many pages were just filler.

I will need to see some significant improvements to the mag in order to reorder. Actually, I think it would actually be appropriate for you guys to give a discount to the first year's group of subscribers rather than a price increase (I just feel you owe me something for bearing with you guys as you tried to bring your mag together). After all, we showed our original support to help you get this mag off the ground, as a reward we get a price increase.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Nissan Sport Ed

The new subscription price will be $16.95 (currently $14.95). And if you subscribed before January 18 and gave us a valid e-mail address, you should have received a special offer via e-mail. If not, contact me directly.

BTW, if you or any other subscriber is dissatisfied we do offer a money-back guarantee (we'll refund the cost of all unmailed issues on your subscription). Just call circulation at 505-771-2374 or write me at editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield
www.nissansportmag.com
Old 03-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed about a month ago for a two year deal with the insider, glad I did before the rates went up. I like the content, and that David Muramoto guy isn't a half bad writer either. But has anyone really verified that he's a good enough driver for that SR powered GT racer he's got, LOL?
Will
Old 03-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Nissan Sport Ed

I can't vouch for that, but I think Nissan is a bit afraid of Muramoto at this point. At our last "media test drive" he was passing fellow journalists because they were driving too slow. He always wants to push it to the limits. When he gets ahold of Nissan's latest "surprise," I want to be in the passenger seat!

-Dave
Old 03-20-2007, 07:29 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by Resolute
Subscribed about a month ago for a two year deal with the insider, glad I did before the rates went up. I like the content, and that David Muramoto guy isn't a half bad writer either. But has anyone really verified that he's a good enough driver for that SR powered GT racer he's got, LOL?
Will
Yeah, it's gotta be one of my buds throwing those tomatos from the cheap seats, right? LOL Currently, the 200SX "dog car" is getting a new (and much improved) welded roll cage installed and the SR20VE race motor (for the GT3 Z) is nearing completion in the next few weeks!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nissan Sport Ed
I can't vouch for that, but I think Nissan is a bit afraid of Muramoto at this point. At our last "media test drive" he was passing fellow journalists because they were driving too slow. He always wants to push it to the limits. When he gets ahold of Nissan's latest "surprise," I want to be in the passenger seat!

-Dave
Yeah, he's the red blur you see at the local tracks here. I got tired of getting rides with him 'cause it only makes me think about how bad my driving is in comparison. Now, I'm happy to watch his driving in my rear view mirror.....
....before he laps me, LOL!

Originally Posted by dkmura
Yeah, it's gotta be one of my buds throwing those tomatos from the cheap seats, right? LOL Currently, the 200SX "dog car" is getting a new (and much improved) welded roll cage installed and the SR20VE race motor (for the GT3 Z) is nearing completion in the next few weeks!
Sweet. I can't wait to see it completed and at the track in full competition mode. I thought you were selling the dog car? I have weekends off now and to be honest, would love to give you a hand with the GT3 ride if you'd like. PM me if there's anything I can do, even weekdays if that's when you work on it.

Back on topic, thanks for the good mag you guys, I'm looking forward to the next issue. For those on the fence, check out the magazine, it's well written with a great mix of articles directed exclusively at the Nissan crowd.
Will
Old 03-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Nissan Sport Ed

Just an FYI, we've extended the order deadline to get the Spring 2007 issue to March 27.

-Dave