2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Jay Leno Has A Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 01:38 PM
SinGin
Charter Member #97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by AudioPat

Sorry...don't understand "Clutch take-up" but I can say that it was smoothe throughout it's travel...no change in feel from top to bottom...hope this answers the question
I think he might've meant the friction point on the clutch. The moment where you can feel the car moving forward. Also, the point that you use to hold yourself on a hill/incline. It's sort of different in each car and is something a driver has to feel out in an unfamiliar car. At least, that's what I interpret as "clutch take up".

Thanks so much for the review. I especially liked your mentioning the clutch and your feelings with it. I too am in the same situation as you and was a bit worried about driving a clutch. Especially in traffic so I was elated to hear your opinion on that (decided on the 6MT). I live real close to the NBC studios so maybe one day I'll get lucky and catch a glimpse of it on the neighborhood streets.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:50 PM
jgrier

Default Thanks

Thanks AudioPat! You da ****! Please let us know which show to
watch as soon as you get wind of it could you please? I like Jay
and I think he would give his honest opinion. Nissan certainly can't buy his opinion, he has more money than God
Attached Thumbnails Jay Leno Has A Z-bill_z.jpg  
Old 07-26-2002, 04:24 PM
NissaNZ

Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by jgrier
Thanks AudioPat! You da ****! Please let us know which show to
watch as soon as you get wind of it could you please? I like Jay
and I think he would give his honest opinion. Nissan certainly can't buy his opinion, he has more money than God
Nissan doesn't need to buy anyone's opinion they're not like honda or toyota.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:42 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Originally posted by NissaNZ

Please reassure me.
I can tell you that I did spin the tires in first...the traction control was on...Patrick said it had more thrust than his M-3...I don't think you will be dissapointed

SinGin...I know that the clutch was about 1/3 to 1/2 out when it started to engage (sp?) Hope this answers the question

BTW...I don't think there are any plans to showcase the car on the show..you just never know though..the show kind of evolves throughout the day and changes even while we are shooting

Last edited by AudioPat; 07-26-2002 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:13 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a digital camers? can you take pics for us? I would really like to see a shot off the *** with the spoiler on a Silverstone car...thanks.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:34 PM
goofyZ

all right pat. great review you deserve an Emmy. thanks
Old 07-26-2002, 05:48 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by bobbyz
Do you have a digital camers? can you take pics for us? I would really like to see a shot off the *** with the spoiler on a Silverstone car...thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Jay Leno Has A Z-trackass.jpg  
Old 07-26-2002, 06:02 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, thanks man.
Get those pics to JmanZ ASAP
Thanks for taking the time to post info. You could have been greedy or lazy and not shared your experience. Much appreciated.
Old 07-26-2002, 06:08 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Hi Pat, great write up and opportunity you got there.

what other sports cars have you driven that we can get a comparison to? For example, in comparison to a c5 corvette, how is the acceleration, braking, handling etc. If you havent driven any other cars, then never mind.
Old 07-26-2002, 06:31 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

I don't think it would be fair to compare the Z against a muscle car like a Vette...it's not really in that category..my friend Patrick (who went with me on the drive) has owned an M-3 and now owns a G-35...I'll see if I can get him to post his impressions after I get into the studio later this morning
Old 07-26-2002, 06:33 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing Pat- Jay sounds like he's a pretty decent guy offstage, letting you take the Z out and all- That would be kick *** if he posted his impressions on here- I'd defintely enjoy reading that! Also it was great reading your impressions..!

By the way- you're a lucky bastard!

Could you give us a head's up if the Z is going to be on the Tonight show- I'll be sure to watch/tape/tell all my friends!

Cheers,

Ethan
Old 07-26-2002, 06:36 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by Z Dreamer
Who cares what Jay Leno thinks about anything, he is a just another overpaid comedian, not a car expert...just because he has the money to buy every car in existance doesn't mean he warrants respecting his opinion on the 350Z.
Good Point...now..how much experience have you had with high performance and exotic cars? Oh yes, and how many years have you worked as a mechanic?
Old 07-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Carterattorney

Thanks for the fairly involved and informative review.. KEEP up the great work.. I know we ask alot.. but more pictures would be fantasic..
Old 07-26-2002, 06:56 PM
Znith

Okay, where did that come from? I don't see what that would accomplish. If someone just took a spin in the Z, why would we want him to shut up? If you don't like to stay up and watch the late show, then that is for you to decide. But your post adds nothing to this discussion. I would be nice to my boss too if he let me take his 350Z out for a spin. I am also interested in the opinion of someone who has the means to drive whatever car he chooses to. It gives us an idea as to how the Z stacks up. I myself have never driven a Ferarri or a Porche. I'd like to know how it compares to some of the high dollar toys. Just my opinion though.
Old 07-26-2002, 07:03 PM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by Z Dreamer
message quote deleted- Ethan.
I think the "shut the f__k up" comment is completely uncalled for. If you aren't contributing to the forum then don't post.

Last edited by ethan84ae; 07-26-2002 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2002, 07:16 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Z Dreamer's Post has been deleted.

There is no need for personal attacks on this site .

Ethan
Old 07-26-2002, 07:17 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Thanks for the support but let's not let the 1% turn this thread into a flame war..please

thanks Ethan...didn't want this to get out of hand
Old 07-26-2002, 07:50 PM
InternetABYSS

wow.....I mean....wow

Great experience Pat.

I am very jealous of you...working in the TV biz chilling with the Z living in the land of the stars where 95 percent of the chicks have fake racks.....

I think its time for a road trip to visit the studio there and have a drink with Pat.

Hey can you get a pic with Jay you and the Z......That would be cool to get a little star status on my350z.com

I bet Jmanz could get some heavy traffic and donations if he had some star power and could send out a press release about this.

im only 29 and donated close to 200 bucks to the site ( i am by no means wealthy).....Hey guys lets help my350z out.

Quick Reply: Jay Leno Has A Z