Jay Leno Has A Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 07:59 PM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
wow.....I mean....wow

Great experience Pat.

I am very jealous of you...working in the TV biz chilling with the Z living in the land of the stars where 95 percent of the chicks have fake racks.....

I think its time for a road trip to visit the studio there and have a drink with Pat.

Hey can you get a pic with Jay you and the Z......That would be cool to get a little star status on my350z.com

I bet Jmanz could get some heavy traffic and donations if he had some star power and could send out a press release about this.

im only 29 and donated close to 200 bucks to the site ( i am by no means wealthy).....Hey guys lets help my350z out.

I think pics of the unmentioned "doughnuts in the parking lot"..would be cool. But I would probably settle for the "fake racks" too.

Thanks for the right up, Pat. Much appreciated. Some ppl are so lucky...then there is me sitting around waiting on the sun to grace my azz.

take care
Old 07-26-2002, 08:12 PM
wooglin

Hey Abyss and ColecatZ...y'all know as well as I do that we don't need to see pics of fake chest areas...

WE LIVE IN DALLAS! Let's go hit Greenville or Deep Ellum with a camera- I'm sure we'll see plenty.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:23 PM
InternetABYSS

Default wooglin

it is my intention to get all the dallas folks together as soon as i get my 350z...i think i would have got something together sooner but i hate my car now.

YES I PLAN on crusin greenville and deep ellum as soon as the first weekend comes with my Z.

I wanna get a caravan of Z's to meet somewhere in North dallas for a drink and then maybe take a quick lap down to dallas (club central) for some eye candy at one of the bars there.
I think a parking lot of 5 or more 350s will definiately have the people flocking.

Trust me i'll bring my cam and see if we can get some fine girls to pose with the car. PS I might say im makeing a girls gone wild video and try to get some chicks to flash us for the camera...LOL

Also I will plan a trip to ennis motor speedway to get some time trials of our stock cars so we can get some data of the performance before we start modding the Z's

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 07-26-2002 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:37 PM
iMR2

AudioPat - thanks for your impressions. I've ran into Jay a couple of times. I catch him at AutoBooks from time to time up the street off Hollywood Way and Magnolia. Likes to hangout at The Rock Store (bikers hangout) up on Mulholland and not unusual to find him helping others up there wrenching and tuning their machines, be it a car or motorcycle. Real cool guy and HUGE car/motorcyle nut .

Last edited by iMR2; 07-26-2002 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:39 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Some Pics
Attached Thumbnails Jay Leno Has A Z-dsc00206.jpg  
Old 07-26-2002, 09:43 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

The Old Guy
Attached Thumbnails Jay Leno Has A Z-dsc00205.jpg  
Old 07-26-2002, 09:46 PM
jgrier

There seems to be less tread on the back tires? What's up with
that Pat?
Attached Thumbnails Jay Leno Has A Z-bill_z.jpg  
Old 07-26-2002, 09:53 PM
ZON

Your a lucky old koot Pat!

I'm sooooo jealous. Thanks for everything here!
Old 07-26-2002, 09:59 PM
kroams

Thanks Pat for the great write up and pics! If possible could you get some hi-res pics of the silverstone? I don't think we have any hi-res quality pics of a clean silverstone!! I was leaning towards the Daytonna Blue but that Silverstone is so classy!
Old 07-26-2002, 10:35 PM
rai

could everybody please stop with the chin jokes? I mean we all know Jay has a big chin. I guess he is cool with people poking fun at him, but I don't want to antaginize him just in case. We all know what a car guy he is, and just because he may like cameros or mustangs doesn't make him a Neanderthal (although with that chin...)

Sorry I shouldn't have said that.

OK Pat thanks for the review, but it seems like you were driving the Z out in traffic. I'm no expert, but it might have been a little more informative if you had been able to find a nice winding road or maybe a deserted back lot where you could have done some full force acceleration runs.

Anyway like you say you are not a professional test driver. I really like what you say about the steering, a lot of reviews have comented on this also. Also nice to hear about the Brembos. I agree with you about not doing anything too illegal, this being a pre-production car you don't want to get Jay in trouble with Nissan or the police.

Thanks for all the good work. Tell Jay we love him. Is it possible for him to give us a statement or driving impression on the Z?

P.S. don't tell him about the chin jokes.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:39 PM
MatthewZ

those are the best silerstone pics I've seen yet! My second choice of color, it would have been first but I knew it was going to be popular.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:47 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

I wish I could have taken it out on the open road or even some of the local mountain roads I ride my Harley on, but lunch is an hour and so I did the best I could....now if Jay were to give me the car for the weekend.......Naaaaa...I'l be happy with what I got
Old 07-26-2002, 11:04 PM
rai

Originally posted by AudioPat
now if Jay were to give me the car for the weekend.......Naaaaa...I'l be happy with what I got

Think of the possibilities, you could charge like $100 for each half hour with the car, 48 hours in the weekend = $9600 cash money. think about it.

You could give Jay like a few thousand greese money and still make out ahead.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:55 PM
iMR2

Pat,

if you happen to get the keys again canyons are closer than you think, 10 minutes away. You won't be able to go all out full throttle, but enough to tax the suspension through some nice twisties.

Just head west on Olive to Barham Blvd towards 101Fwy, Left on Cahuenga as you go over the Fwy. 1/4 mile down Cahuenga towards Hollywood hang a right and a quick left on to Mulholland. Twisties all the way to the 405 to take you back.

Last edited by iMR2; 07-27-2002 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:41 AM
wxtornado

Thanks much for the write-up Pat, you lucky bastage!

Have you ever seen Jay's personal car collection?
Old 07-27-2002, 01:29 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by iMR2
Pat,

if you happen to get the keys again canyons are closer than you think, 10 minutes away.
Should have thought of that but I was so excited to get the car...it never occured to me
Old 07-27-2002, 01:31 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by wxtornado
Have you ever seen Jay's personal car collection?
only one at a time when he drives them into the studio
Old 07-27-2002, 01:41 AM
rouxeny

Hey, just read the whole thread. Pat, thanks for the review. Jay, thanks for letting Pat drive the car. I hope something "official" comes out sometime.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:52 AM
1STZEVER

Nice job, Pat We appreciate your input ALMOST as much as you appreciate Jay's generosity to let you drive it. I'm sure it was a blast.

BUT.........You haven't addressed a few of our requests to see if Jay will post his impressions on this board. Surely even celebrities goof off a little on the internet! Just mention this board and see what he says. Maybe if he posts he will sway a few Letterman's loyal followers into his corner
Old 07-27-2002, 01:56 AM
wxtornado

1STEVER, is that beetlejuice in your avatar?

Quick Reply: Jay Leno Has A Z