Jay Leno Has A Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 09:43 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I think the waiting and the fact that folks are beginning to drive home with their cars is making me a little crazy...OK...a lot crazy..actually the folks at First Nissan in Simi Valley have been great..they don't have a lot of information but what they do get they share immediately...can't really ask for much more..they have tried to keep me as up to date as they are...it would have been nice to have my car during this two week hiatus though
Mixed Emotions
Old 08-22-2002, 10:26 PM
SMBRUNING

THERE HAS & WILL ALWAYS BE "HAGGLING" OVER CAR PRICES, SINCE THE INVENTION OF THE INDUSTRY. SUPPLY AND DEMAND ECONOMICS PREDATES THE INTO OF THE 35OZ. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, I DON'T THINK THAT A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS CONSTITUTES RAPING CUSTOMERS. I PERSONALLY HAVE A FRIEND THAT PAID 50K OVER MSRP FOR A 360 MODENA & HE WAS HAPPY AS CAN BE. WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER THAT?
OVER COURSE SELLING MORE CARS MAKES SENSE.
DO YOU THINK SELECTION, VIA ALLOCATION, IS AN ADVANTAGE TO THE CONSUMER? HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN THE MARKET WITH ONE LOCAL DEALER, WITH ONE CAR, THAT'S PRICED TO TOP BECAUSE THER ARE NO OTHERS?
IF "REPEAT CUSTOMERS" WEREN'T COMING BACK, HOW WOULD WE BE NAMED THE #1 Z-STORE IN AMERICA?
THE AWARD FROM NMC IS RIGHT IN THE STORE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. THE CUSTOMER SETS THE PRICE BY WHAT THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY, FOR ANY GOODS. NOT JUST THIS CAR.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:48 PM
dvlad

Originally posted by SMBRUNING
THERE HAS & WILL ALWAYS BE "HAGGLING" OVER CAR PRICES, SINCE THE INVENTION OF THE INDUSTRY. SUPPLY AND DEMAND ECONOMICS PREDATES THE INTO OF THE 35OZ. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, I DON'T THINK THAT A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS CONSTITUTES RAPING CUSTOMERS. I PERSONALLY HAVE A FRIEND THAT PAID 50K OVER MSRP FOR A 360 MODENA & HE WAS HAPPY AS CAN BE. WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER THAT?
OVER COURSE SELLING MORE CARS MAKES SENSE.
DO YOU THINK SELECTION, VIA ALLOCATION, IS AN ADVANTAGE TO THE CONSUMER? HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN THE MARKET WITH ONE LOCAL DEALER, WITH ONE CAR, THAT'S PRICED TO TOP BECAUSE THER ARE NO OTHERS?
IF "REPEAT CUSTOMERS" WEREN'T COMING BACK, HOW WOULD WE BE NAMED THE #1 Z-STORE IN AMERICA?
THE AWARD FROM NMC IS RIGHT IN THE STORE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. THE CUSTOMER SETS THE PRICE BY WHAT THEY ARE WILLING TO PAY, FOR ANY GOODS. NOT JUST THIS CAR.
SMBRUNING...For the sake of others and forum edicte(sp) please use lower case letters and break up the paragraphs better.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:16 AM
Redline
Charter Member #103

SMBRUNING......WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING ARE YOU A SALESMAN A CAR SALESMAN THATISMYGUESSABOUTWHATYOUDO!!!!!!

My salesman takes a different approach......and that is why he gets my referrals and my repeat business......as you readily admit you get your customers based on volume, while other obtain customers based on service.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:24 AM
SMBRUNING

Absolutely Redline.
Most of our business is referral and repeat clients.
The service has to be good to be a volume store.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:31 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I know this is an old thread (the last post was about three months ago) but I re-read my review and decided to updat it having now had the car for almost two months.

I mentioned that I didn't feel pushed back in my seat on acceleration. What a mistake that statement was! I have the 5AT and can burn rubber from a standing stop with the TC on. There has been a lot of talk about the 5AT and I can tell you that in my book it's one sweet trany. Using the manual mode on mountain roads is way too much fun. You really have to watch you RPMs though in the lower gears..they wind up on you pretty fast. I don't know if others have noticed this but it seems that the more I drive the car the deeper the exhaust note is getting. This is a feature that a lot of after market Harley exhaust systems have and I hope my ears are not playing tricks on me.

Speaking of ears, I have had the Bass amp changed by the dealer and am happy to say that the auto level boost problem has been taken care of. Is it now a 'great sounding' system...NO...but for me and I'm sure many others, it works adaquately. The way it sounds now I just can't justify the extra money to replace the system.

My biggest compliment to the engineers is with reguard to the fact that in the twisties the car feels like it's on rails. The seats hold you in place and the car moves through turns effortlessly. I think everyone that did the Simi/Santa Clarita Canyons Run felt the same way. The steering is the most responsive I have ever driven.

When I drove the stick version in August, I knew I would love this car. I do...and you will too. The wait is most definately worth it.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:08 PM
Deb

Originally posted by VQracer
Harley's!!!!! AHHH!! Those obnoxiously loud unreliable pieces of American ............. you can finish

Me = KNEEDRAGGER!!!

Ah, the beauty of a narrow mind.

DynaWideGlide
Old 11-29-2002, 01:14 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

FXDWG....My all time favorite..rode one from '95 - '01..still miss it
Old 11-29-2002, 06:28 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by JmanZ
...and if you decide to snap a photo of Jay in the Z
...could you have it signed "To Todd from your friend, Jay Leno" ?

That would be nice.

Thank you Pat,
Todd
Old 11-29-2002, 07:58 PM
MacGuru

I agree, the replacement amp does fix the volume control. The sound quality is average, but it certainly doesn't warrant the extra $$$. Also, I too have the AT5 and love it. Smooth and fast. I've never owned an AT before, so I don't have any comparisons to make. Even the sales manager @ the dealership where my Bose amp was replaced was impressed. He had driven the MT, but my AT was the first he had driven. I was actually nice enough to let him drive it, with me in the car of course. Cheers. -m
Old 11-30-2002, 10:31 AM
MacGuru

Oppps. I meant to say I let the SERVICE MANAGER (really nice guy) drive the car with me in it. And to say the least, he was impressed. I figured I would get to know my service manager, so on furture visits they will take care of me and my car. Besides, the more they learn about the car, the better they can service you. Cheers. -m
Old 11-30-2002, 02:31 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Smart idea Mac...always a good thing to have a friend in the service dept..I'm on a first name basis with Greg at First Nissan..he knows how I want them to treat my car and watches over it for me..I appreciate this kind of service
Old 05-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Baramee

Default Re: Jay Leno Has A Z

here's your 10!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 10:02 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

Pat - Jay Leno used one of my ads (The Medicine Shoppe) on his show years ago...about 1992. Can you point me in the direction to purchase a copy of that show, even if I don't remember the date it aired?
Old 05-01-2003, 12:20 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Sorry Bill, but I checked with the office and at this time there is no access to past shows
Old 05-01-2003, 12:57 PM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

Thanks for trying Pat!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Slexis200

boy is this an old post......
Old 05-01-2003, 01:40 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

You're not kidding...I had to go to page one to find out when it started...10 months ago!!!!!

Would that be considered "The Old Days"
Old 05-01-2003, 04:22 PM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What an interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Pat. Jay Leno is waaaay more funny than Letterman.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:20 PM
FairladyZX

interesting thread...thanks for sharing

Quick Reply: Jay Leno Has A Z