Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Almost rear ended by a fellow my350z member

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 PM
DJMatrix1067

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost rear ended by a fellow my350z member

So today, I'm driving to lunch. I'm in the center lane with no traffic around doing 55. (Speed limit is 45 but no one does it). All of a sudden I see this Z running up behind me, hauling ***, and starts to ride my *** like mayyybe a foot off of my bumper. I finally recognize the driver as a member of this site that I know who goes to my school. fair enough. I figure maybe he is in a hurry to get somewhere, or admiring my car? i start to slow down to let him know its okay to pass. He starts riding even closer. It's becoming more and more evident that he's pissed at me for some reason.

I tried everything i knew how to get him off the back of my car, but he wasn't getting the message. Finally, i made the decision to use my brembos and let him know i was serious about getting off my tail. I very lightly tapped the brakes, just enough to get some bite on the pads, and he immediately swerves around me and floors it. gets up next to me with his windows down and is screaming and yelling profanities. not very mature at all.

So i figure instead of racing him (which was the only way i knew to get away from him) or slamming on the brakes in the middle of the road, i would just ignore him. I wish i had remembered that i could have rolled my windows up, but i wasn't thinking straight. so i just did the next best thing. I ignored him and continued to drive without acknowledging him.

Next thing i know, he slams the brakes, swerves across three lanes (medium traffic now) and rolls up on my right side. Still yelling and screaming profanities. I really couldnt hear what he was trying to say cuz of my exhaust + wind from doin 55 mph, but i knew he was cussing me out for no reason.

So, i still continue to ignore him, and he finally screeches tire through a turn and turns into the mall.

The part i don't get is what I could possibly have done to deserve this sort of childish behavior. this is the type of stuff i expect from vtech or similar. I never expected a fellow 350Z driver to act as childish as this. especially when i have done nothing to merit the behavior.

I'm not going to disclose his name because I am almost certain he will make himself known by responding to this. I do believe that i at least deserve an explanation for why he was pissed off at me. the following was posted when i got home.

Originally Posted by The guy
... next time you talk **** and I confront you about it dont run away, you looked like the biggest b**** today...
Did i run away? i continued the same speed the whole time, and ignored him. in fact he was the one who turned off. not that i really wanted him to continue trying to flag me down, but still.

sounds like typical highschool bravada. i dont know, i hate to say that because the fact is that I myself am still in highschool, but i would NEVER do something as dangerous, immature, and reckless as he did. Everyday we hear about cars being totalled at lunchtime because of idiot kids with loaded parents who just buy them sports cars and hand it to them, why would someone knowingly put themselves (and he had a passenger) in harms way, all to try and start a fight with me over absolutely nothing worth meaning?

Sorry for the rant, i just want to get everyones thoughts. Did i handle the situation right? I already know i will get considerable flack for tapping the brakes.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Zmazing03

This should be fun...

round one, FIGHT!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
DJMatrix1067

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
This should be fun...

round one, FIGHT!
lol i dont mean to start a fight.

i just want fellow members to be aware of this kind of behavior from the user.

and i also want to understand the thinking.

although im sure you are right, this will turn into a fight over he said/ she said. most likely he will think that i said something about him/ personally attacked him, and felt the best way to handle it, instead of rationally talking to me, was putting himself and everyone else at risk to prove a point.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol...wtf started this? Did you take a dump on his lawn?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I1DER

1. What did you mean by almost "rear ended"?(someone will get **** for that one, no pun intended)
2. Did he ever get your attention enough to tell you about the cat you were dragging under your car?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Lo$t

Originally Posted by DJMatrix1067
i just want fellow members to be aware of this kind of behavior from the user.
then why didn't you disclose his name?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:56 PM
DJMatrix1067

I was going to let him shoot himself in the foot.

and there was nothin draggin under my car lol.

his user name = PWSHHOCKEY44

and by rear ended i mean, he wasn't paying attention when i tapped my brakes and got REALLY close.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh-oh! He's calling you out here (post#30):

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/257820-06-heads-or-tails-2.html

<grabs some popcorn and soda and takes a seat...eyes filled with excitement>
Old 03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Electricchild

subscribing
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Uh-oh! He's calling you out here (post#30):

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257820&page=2

<grabs some popcorn and soda and takes a seat...eyes filled with excitement>

yes, I see the post that kicked it off

you know what also migh help you appreciate your Z more?

actually paying for your mods.

stop being like every other plano west kid out there and pay for your mods.

i garauntee you the price would be an issue. and you wouldnt have that nice veilside body kit either. stop mooching off mommy and daddy. nothin personal, but i hate to see kids on here (especially ones from my area) just buying as many mods as mommy and daddy will let them get.

it makes me
AroundMyHorn

lmao. To the OP, u talked chit first and now your trying to get people not to like him? too funny. Who are you to call him out about what he buys and doesn't.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
ZZ33bOI

hahah...past the popcorn!! good ol high school fight...damn, some days i wish i was in high school again...yeah and seriously!? who are u to call him out, sayin he doesnt pay for his own mods?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
DJMatrix1067

Well, thats assuming he even has those mods. but isnt it obvious when he states that

[QUOTE=PWSHHOCKEY44]Price is not a problem

in regards to whether or not he should get 06 heads or tails, obviously a HUGE price difference being involved. and the Veilside V3 Body kit which he has apparantly "bought" but is still having it fitted and painted. Proof is in the puddin'. but i donno about any of his mods.

He has the Topspeed exhaust that doesnt have cans on the back and looks and sounds identical stock.

And the 06 headlights that he ordered and installed on his car that weren't there when he was riding my *** today. its stealthy i guess.

sorry but i find it hard to believe that he is being responsible and paying for his car, insurance, gas, taxes and modifications. considering how much a veilside V3 kit costs.

and before anyone challenges me, i do pay for all of that, including modifications and service of my car. i am 90 percent financially independent and 18 years old (the only thing i dont pay for is my house + utilities).

so it irritates me to see someone as immature as him getting something his parents or someone else helped him pay for.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
oclor

nice catch sean. Yeah you started this buddy, you should have pulled over and had a face to face confrontation with him to deal with the issue.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
ZZ33bOI

damn...i got a feelin someone is gonna get a AZZ beatin 2morrow...may the best man wins! Can we have some Stats up? like Height, Weight, Age, so we can have some more fun!?! hahaha
Old 03-27-2007, 10:18 PM
DJMatrix1067

wait a minute. so because i told him to actually pay for his mods instead of having his parents buy them, that makes me the *******. and that gave him the right to act the way he did?

and that also meant i should have pulled over and engaged in a confrontation with him?

what kind of screwed up logic is this. like i guess i was wrong when i thought that his behavior was immature, but from the general consensus, im starting to think that this entire site encourages wreckless driving and street fighting.

cool.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kids...lmao, I'm as young as y'all but this is still funny
Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 PM
AroundMyHorn

wait a minute. so because i told him to actually pay for his mods instead of having his parents buy them, that makes me the *******. and that gave him the right to act the way he did?

and that also meant i should have pulled over and engaged in a confrontation with him?

what kind of screwed up logic is this. like i guess i was wrong when i thought that his behavior was immature, but from the general consensus, im starting to think that this entire site encourages wreckless driving and street fighting.

cool.

na dude.....we dont support this type of behavior. Driving recklessly on the highway is a stupid idea and should not be condoned. That being said, you still look like a tool. I remember the gool ol high school days. If someone called me out for whatever reason that someone would have met my right uppercut short thereafter. It seems as if you want to be the only cool Z in your high school. Thats cool and all, but you have to remember YOU made it public and now have to deal with the consequences. Hopefully you two can sit down and peacefully settle this like men.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 03-27-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool.

naw, where all immature lol, but u handled it in a good way. if he keeps giving u ****, or confronts u, sock him in the face... or u can kick him down a set of stairs and scream "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!!!" either wy, we want video footage.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
oclor

cool.
Yeah, you started it so you can't just ignore it. When I told you you should have pulled over I meant you pull over and ask him why he was acting the way he was and explain yourself. I didn't mean start a fight. Also, his driving is dangerous and wrong.

Quick Reply: Almost rear ended by a fellow my350z member