Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wife took in Z to get new tranny, they wanted to give her a METRO, WTF

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 08:08 PM
RAW22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly wouldnt have taken the metro. I am not swapping a $35k+ car for a $6k+ car. Now you have me scared when I have to get a little warranty work done.

Richard
Old 04-18-2003, 05:23 PM
zogan

Originally posted by deviousZ
lol....I would be pissed if they tried to give me a metro!!!

When did your tranny start going bad???
YAH, I just thought it was funny.

my tranny went bad around 6k, but they put a new one in, it is a lot better now.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:25 PM
zogan

Originally posted by RAW22
I honestly wouldnt have taken the metro. I am not swapping a $35k+ car for a $6k+ car. Now you have me scared when I have to get a little warranty work done.

Richard
well, the metro is better then nothing, some guys didn't get anything for warranty work. I would be more pissed about that. My wife and I didn't budge, we did end up w/ Malibu, it was fully loaded w/ AC.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:39 PM
supra crazy

so far i noticed that BMW has the best service they gave my mom a 330 wagon i think for her 4.4 X5 for a day but mercedes gave my dad nothing he had to wait until i came to pick him up.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:34 PM
raceboy
Banned

They don't have to give you anything at all. Let me tell you how it works. That dealer has a deal with a local Enterprise (or other) rent a car place. Enterprise only charges the dealer $15 a day per car. You get whatever Enterprise has got, usually a Metro. Enterprise makes nothing on the deal unless they upsell you for a few more $$ per day. Enterprise's prices are not fixed. That guy out there in the white shirt can rent you that car for any price he wants to. The individual branch is just trying to get their average daily rate as high as possible. Better to rent a luxo car for $25 per day instead of $75 if that means that instead you would rent a Metro for $20 while the luxo car sits there.

Here's a tip for getting the absolute cheapest rates at virtually any car rental place. Tell them you are an insurance agent and ask for the "insurance rate." It's almost 50% off the normal rate. You can also negotiate and get unlimited mileage so you don't get stuck with a mileage fee. The rental car business is a big game.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:56 PM
reneedalady

Hey there Raceboy, I know it's a bit off subject, just nice to see a fellow fan of the boys here on this board.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:17 PM
BullishZ

I received a rental for warranty work... Jetta the first time. It was freakin slow!

When I needed a rental again for the second time, I asked for something sportier... they gave me a Taurus.

Oh well, it was free.

My next car will definately be a Bimmer/Merc/Lexo/Infiniti.

Can't believe that my buddy, who got a G35 coupe and paid about the same as me... gets treated SO MUCH better... He gets a G35 sedan WHENEVER he goes in.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:11 PM
RickB

Guys - its kind of different over here in the UK - if we want a car whilst ours is in for work - we have to book it 3 weeks in advance (like you know 3 weeks in advance that your car is going to breakdown). Still got a few months before my UK spec 350Z arrives (October) but I already know that if it needs to go in for any work I will be getting a Nissan Micra - check www.nissan.co.uk if you want to see it - put it this way - it makes a Geo Metro look good.

I still have my BMW until then - and here in the UK - getting a loaner off them is nearly impossible. A few months ago I took my wifes car (also a BMW at the time) in for a service - they broke it during the service and said they needed it for another week to fix it and they still refused to give a loan car - I phoned BMW customer services who told me that despite it being under warranty and covered by emergency assistance - I was only covered if I had broken down on the road - not at the dealership !!

The moral of the story is - BMW aint that great !! People may need replacement tranny's on their 350Z but my 330i gets a new clutch (under warranty) at every service so its not much better !!

RickB
Old 04-21-2003, 03:59 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by raceboy
Here's a tip for getting the absolute cheapest rates at virtually any car rental place. Tell them you are an insurance agent and ask for the "insurance rate." It's almost 50% off the normal rate.
Would that be legal? Or, would that be considered fraud?

Just wondering.....
Old 04-21-2003, 05:06 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by WayneTN
Would that be legal? Or, would that be considered fraud?

Just wondering.....
A bit dishonest maybe, but not illegal. They give that rate to their buddies all the time. Last time I checked, there was no such crime as "impersonating an insurance agent."

reneedalady yeah, I have been a big fan of "the boys" for a while, over 20 years in fact. I have seen RUSH so many times in concert, I have lost count.