Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Looking to buy a 07 350Z, own an IS350, have a few noob questions, sorry!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new G37 coupe is going to be at least 330hp. So the 370Z with new body style is going to be over 330hp. Now thats worth looking into!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
TheGest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo 350z
If I were u I would wait until Aug. when the 3.7 is out. Seriously I feel sooo bad for all the HR buyers. There motor will become obselete after 6 months on the market and will have very little aftermarket support.
the Z will remain unchanged for 08, so thats two years, enough for me, what aftermarket support, all i need is an intake and exhaust, and im sure they will come out with that, I could care less about the G37, its ugly and not a sports car, and the new body Z and 3.7 I wouldnt get for two years anyway, so thats 4 yrs plus of happy ownership, plus 3.5 3.7 isnt biggest step up in the world, big deal 30hp, I rather save my money for a GT-R
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 PM
thanh27

So, now that I have this, I can honestly say I almost think I will not even touch the exhaust simply because I love the note. My question is though, I see everyone loving the Nismo exhaust, is it a considerable difference note wise than stock?

I also noticed almost everyone on here has the pop charger, how does that affect the note in stock exhaust and what additional note does it bring. I assume everyone has it due to performance gains (and I wonder if the pop charger actually fits in the 07?)....but I have read elsewhere here, the supposed stock intakes in the Z are generally better than most aftermarkets out there.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
StewartZ

You know the IS350 would beat a stock Z pretty bad?!

Yeah thats the only down side I hear about the IS350 is it doesn't feel fast at all.

Last edited by StewartZ; 04-11-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by TheGest
the Z will remain unchanged for 08, so thats two years, enough for me, what aftermarket support, all i need is an intake and exhaust, and im sure they will come out with that, I could care less about the G37, its ugly and not a sports car, and the new body Z and 3.7 I wouldnt get for two years anyway, so thats 4 yrs plus of happy ownership, plus 3.5 3.7 isnt biggest step up in the world, big deal 30hp, I rather save my money for a GT-R
Well you can already do a few exhaust mods. Intake mods, Sharif from forged removed the filters and dyno'd it and the net gain was zilch. The intake setup is maxed out from the factory. You cant get gains like on the DE. I agree with you on the G37, I am not a fan but teh point I am making is that by Aug. Nissan will launch the 3.7 when they just released the HR this past Jan. Why would they do something like that so fast? That means we could end up seeing a new body Z by early next year.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:59 AM
z32 fairlady

Originally Posted by thanh27
So, now that I have this, I can honestly say I almost think I will not even touch the exhaust simply because I love the note. My question is though, I see everyone loving the Nismo exhaust, is it a considerable difference note wise than stock?

I also noticed almost everyone on here has the pop charger, how does that affect the note in stock exhaust and what additional note does it bring. I assume everyone has it due to performance gains (and I wonder if the pop charger actually fits in the 07?)....but I have read elsewhere here, the supposed stock intakes in the Z are generally better than most aftermarkets out there.
Pop Charger will not have any effect on the exhuast note. You will hear the intake a lot more. It's only if you start modifying the exhuast system then you'll notice differences in the note. Pop charger requires you to only remove the stock intake box and attach it to the MAF. There is a mounting bracket that comes with it not sure if it'll still be able to work with the HR since it is a twin filter system and you may need to pruchase two unless a kit is soon developed

Sport Z Mag (now Nissan Sport) had a dyno shootout on popular mods for the Z33. Also my friend and fellow member Maximumsport did a dyno with INJEN vs JWT and the JWT proved to be better.

As for exhuast, I have ideas but no actual experience with it maybe someone else can chime in.

Last edited by z32 fairlady; 04-11-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:03 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by z32 fairlady
Pop Charger will not have any effect on the exhuast note. You will hear the intake a lot more. It's only if you start modifying the exhuast system then you'll notice differences in the note. Pop charger requires you to only remove the stock intake box and attach it to the MAF. There is a mounting bracket that comes with it not sure if it'll still be able to work with the HR since it is a twin filter system and you may need to pruchase two unless a kit is soon developed

Sport Z Mag (now Nissan Sport) had a dyno shootout on popular mods for the Z33. Also my friend and fellow member Maximumsport did a dyno with INJEN vs JWT and the JWT proved to be better.

As for exhuast, I have ideas but no actual experience with it maybe someone else can chime in.
+1 Nice to see you on the boards buddy.

Back in the good ol' NA days I did a dyno test INJEN CAI Vs. JWT popcharger and the popcharger surpassed the best dyno pull. Oh, and it sounds a lot better.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
thanh27

Sweet guys, thanks much for the info. Glad to be a part of the Z family. From what it sounds like, there are actually some gains with the pop charger, of course, I'm going to have to see what the set up would be with the new 07 engine. I assume the pop charger pick would be from Jim Wolf?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 AM
JonsilvZ

On the brake dust issue. I used to have the Hawk HPS it squeaks,less dust then OEM but stops on a dime. Now just got the Hawk Perf ceramic suppose to be quiet,much less dust,longer duration and what do you know it stops just as well.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
KManZ
Banned

Be happy with the 07 man! No better time than now to buy, because as soon as you buy something, there is almost guaranteed to be something better "just announced!" coming out to keep the manufacturers hands in your pocket. Its similar to when you buy the latest and greatest computer, within 18 months your purchase is considered "obsolete" by the newer tech.

If you keep waiting around, you will never own anything Now, if they said the 3.7 Z was going to come in twin turbo, I'd wait. That would be significant enough to justify holding off.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

this thread is making me sad about my 07 purchase. I hope the HR engine wont be left behind...
Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Davidgofish

For aftermarket exhaust look into Borla True Dual...sounds almost stock until you put your foot into it then you hear and feel the difference. Happy modding.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:46 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Color:
Pikes Peak White
Z/G Owner:
yes
Trim Level:
Enthusiast

Just noticed your signature. Congratulations.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 AM
thanh27

Originally Posted by davidv

Color:
Pikes Peak White
Z/G Owner:
yes
Trim Level:
Enthusiast

Just noticed your signature. Congratulations.
Thanks man! Yup, I actually was one of those that found the board at a time I was thinking about getting the Z, LOVED the feedback/intelligence/assistance and humor found on here and actually DID end up buying the Z. The forum is my daily ritual now!