Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

why do i pay for insurance?????!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Chugg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry why do i pay for insurance?????!?!?

so i walk out of my class today and what do i see, my car with a hudge dent and 3 chunks of white paint all over my black car.

some one opened there car door into mine HARD and drove away. i was in class for 1 hour and 30 mintues.

i called the police, they came out and filed are "hit and run" incedent report. the school said "yeah we have cameras but if they are not focused on that point you cant tell much".

now i go and i call the insurance company and i get this "theres not enough dmg for us to cover it you need to find the guy and then we can make him pay for it have a nice day"
so basicly i am not going to get this guy because who cares right?

the school the police and the insurance company dont care at all when i need some help and do waht im suposed to do right? so why do i pay 180$ a month to get insurance when they wont fix my car when some one hits it?

this is total crap it makes me sick. so i am going to go buy a beater and just slam my door into every ones car doors because hey ill never get in trouble and they will all have to pay for it. this blows
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chugg
now i go and i call the insurance company and i get this "theres not enough dmg for us to cover it you need to find the guy and then we can make him pay for it have a nice day"
:
Well, i have to ask. Is that really what they said, or did they say that the damge does not exceed your deductible?

bill
Old 04-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Chugg

they said they will tell me tommorw when i go get it estimited
Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 PM
bailey bill

Originally Posted by Chugg
they said they will tell me tommorw when i go get it estimited

Oh...so I guess they really DIDN'T say "...theres not enough dmg for us to cover it" ?

bill
Old 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM
ohSIXz

i h8 this stuff. thats why i park atleast 20 spaces away from every car in a parking lot. and my friends flame me for it... funny thing is... my car is EXACTLY the way it was bought 16 months ago and all their cars are F'D up!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:38 PM
FairladyZ06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it one step at a time. This happened to me with my Prelude, someone opened their door into my car and messed up my door . The cops- useless unless he attacked you. The school- useless unless they have cameras in the area. So that leaves you with insurance, usually if they hit your door and damage it, you have a dent and paint damage, so it should cost more than 500 for parts and labor. Based on the deductible, insurance will pay their portion. I am not positive on this, but hit and runs are stationary vehicle claims, Im not sure what state you are from and their laws but if its not your fault, your premium shouldnt go up. Now, it does suck that you have to pay your deductible if your damage estimate exceeds that value. If they catch the guy, you could try to get the money out of him at a small claims court or something. But all in all, this type of incident really makes you upset but in the whole scheme of things you'll be fine.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:39 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Photos are worth a thousand words.

You took your car to your insurance company, and had an agent inspect it correct?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

If you don't want dings park away from other cars whenever possible.

As for your insurance, see above posts. If damage exceeds your deductable, company should pay. If they don't you picked wrong insurance company.

Quit expecting others to prorect your car; that's your job.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Oh...so I guess they really DIDN'T say "...theres not enough dmg for us to cover it" ?

bill
Owned. This thread is so one sided to get everyone behind you, that it's filled with stuff you casually left out and stuff you added that didn't even happen.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM
nismo*son

Same thing happend to my 07z 3 weeks after I got it. Pissed me off so much I felt like going to school with a baseball bat and looking for that white car that hit me.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Mewantbfp

If the damage is more than your deductible they will cover it if its not theres no point in using them as its cheaper to have it fixed urself. The situation sucks but i think what your complainging about is a little ridiculous as they really arent saying you cant have it fixed their just saying if its cheaper than your deductible we wont fix it as it will cost you more to have us fix it. If anything it sounds perfectly normal to me.

Sorry about your dent though.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
realcom2

IMO you pay your premium for the big stuff and if you want better coverage for small stuff than you should be paying more than 180 per month.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:32 PM
tomiegunzz

Originally Posted by realcom2
IMO you pay your premium for the big stuff and if you want better coverage for small stuff than you should be paying more than 180 per month.
+1 I pay 250 a month. Thats everything including collision.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:38 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Truth in posting. And an FYI, the fact that you even reported this to your insurance company might increase the possibility of having your rates increased or even being dropped in the future. Even though it was not your fault, you may be seen as an accident prone individual.

You are better off raising your deductible to $1000 to lower your monthly, then put the money you save in a money market savings account until you have $1000+ to cover your deductible. You save in the long run.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
davidv

+1. Put $50 in a envelope each month. If you have a minor ding, then you have the cash to pay for it. Sort of like being your own insurance company.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
kdogg24

that sucks
Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by davidv

You took your car to your insurance company, and had an agent inspect it correct?
So the answer would be NO.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
If you don't want dings park away from other cars whenever possible.
he mentioned being at school. at a lot of universities/college towns, parking is a huge issue. there's no such thing as 'park away from other cars'...everyone's bumper to bumper parallel parked on the streets, and packed in to the parking lots and garages as tight as possible. MOST people are respectful and do their best not to play bumper cars or hit other cars with their doors but there'll always be those idiots who don't give a **** about anyone's property.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Navygolf13

There is no need to pay more than that. I am an insurance agent and my insurance is full coverage and I pay for my Z, a Jetta, and a Touareg and it is about $200 per month. People have a misconception that you have to pay more to get good insurance, just find the right company!
Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Chugg

well i am on my parents insurance and thats just how much it costs for just my car for a 20 year old...and yeah i was at school there was no getting away from people i was lucky i got a spot. its not so much the dent or the insurance, its the fact that the other person did not have the decency to at lest go tell the security guards, AND the fact that the school gives me the line that unless there camera was on my car then they cant help me....if i pay for this school i think that a small chuck of my money should be used to at lest get better cameras to watch the place right? and they said i have to pay my deductible regardless how much the dmgs cost...so if its 1000 they pay 800 i pay 200 if its 300 they pay 100 i pay 200. i guess its fair im just so frustrated with the whole suition, but yeah its all going to work out its just annoying!

Quick Reply: why do i pay for insurance?????!?!?