Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

List of Dealerships Not to Work With.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:44 PM
fasterthanu302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom Peacock

Tom Peacock Nissan. Horrible customner service. They treat you like you cant add when trying to trick you with numbers. Robbins Nissan also, 3 sales associates would not let me test drive a 350Z because I am 21.........

I would reccomend Sterling McCall Nissan. Great experience. I was in and out in 1 and a half hours with my 07 350Z.

These are all located in Houston,TX
Old 04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
350z2k3

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
Wesley Chapel Nissan. Worst Experience Ever. Add More to list.
I bought my car from Wesley Chapel Nissan. No complaints about the buying experience, I got them to certify my vehicle so I could get the 100k Nissan security plus certified warranty.

Never been to their service department though, was service your bad experience?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:57 PM
rsmokinjoe

Tri Cities Nissan, Johnson City, TN...
Old 04-21-2007, 02:07 PM
dbasal

Universal Nissan, Orlando, FL.

Just a terrible service department. Complete incompentence from the Nissan Service Supervisor and Service Director.

There are way too many problems with this place. Truly complete idiots.

1) Falsified documentation during oil consumption test and would not change when I objected. Just said "Trust me, I know how to do my job"
2) Aligned vehicle to 2003 standards
3) Always have to wait about an hour to get anyone's attention.
4) Tried to tell a woman that she needed a timing chain for her Maxima when the vehicle does not even use a timing chain. I corrected him and then he said he was mistaken and apologized to the woman.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:39 PM
MrSteak

Hudson Nissan, Jersey City, NJ

Found a 06' Z on Autotrader...

-Spoke to a sales WOMAN (that was like pulling teeth... she was useless)
-Internet Manager went over price and the vehicle, and I arranged to go down to buy it.
-Drove 2 hours to Jersey (traffic there SUCKS)
-Waited an hour while a 3rd salesman tried to find the car.
-It was a SCAM! (they never had it!!!)

They lied... said it was there after I had them make sure it was there before I went down. Then they tried to sell me other cars there (tried showing me other cars, and they didn't even have any other 6MTs!!!)

Last edited by MrSteak; 04-21-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:50 PM
_NIZMO_

Originally Posted by 350z2k3
I bought my car from Wesley Chapel Nissan. No complaints about the buying experience, I got them to certify my vehicle so I could get the 100k Nissan security plus certified warranty.

Hmmmm lets see as far as buying goes, it took the 3months to rigister my car. Then I had an appointment with there tech department; I kid you not they made me wait 5hrs+ (yes I had an appointment), while there was one car getting an oil change, and my z was just seating on the lot.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:24 PM
md350

Midway Nissan in AZ. ANY Midway dealership for that matter.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:15 PM
bleufiend

Originally Posted by dbasal
Universal Nissan, Orlando, FL.

Just a terrible service department. Complete incompentence from the Nissan Service Supervisor and Service Director.

There are way too many problems with this place. Truly complete idiots.

1) Falsified documentation during oil consumption test and would not change when I objected. Just said "Trust me, I know how to do my job"
2) Aligned vehicle to 2003 standards
3) Always have to wait about an hour to get anyone's attention.
4) Tried to tell a woman that she needed a timing chain for her Maxima when the vehicle does not even use a timing chain. I corrected him and then he said he was mistaken and apologized to the woman.

I might end up getting flamed for this but oh well.

I work at Universal Nissan and we have a new service manager as of January of this year, Im a service tech back in the garage and Im a member of OZOC. He has overhauled a vast majority of the service department from what Ive seen. I was hired by glenn(<<service manager) after he had only been at the dealer for about a week.

Also on your 4th comment unless it was a very early 90's maxima, then it does have a timing chain. I believe when the new body style came out in either 94 or 95 was when they changed from the VG motor to the VQ, thus it would of changed from timing belt to timing chain.

Im not trying to defend all of the dealers here but I will say that I think universal has a well run service dept. Hell I quit Classic Nissan to come to Universal and Ill be the first one to tell you not to go to Classic Nissan in orlando, that place is an absolute shat hole, **** poor management and they didnt want to hire a janitor so the place looked like a dump.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by bleufiend
I might end up getting flamed for this but oh well.

I work at Universal Nissan and we have a new service manager as of January of this year, Im a service tech back in the garage and Im a member of OZOC. He has overhauled a vast majority of the service department from what Ive seen. I was hired by glenn(<<service manager) after he had only been at the dealer for about a week.

Also on your 4th comment unless it was a very early 90's maxima, then it does have a timing chain. I believe when the new body style came out in either 94 or 95 was when they changed from the VG motor to the VQ, thus it would of changed from timing belt to timing chain.

Im not trying to defend all of the dealers here but I will say that I think universal has a well run service dept. Hell I quit Classic Nissan to come to Universal and Ill be the first one to tell you not to go to Classic Nissan in orlando, that place is an absolute shat hole, **** poor management and they didnt want to hire a janitor so the place looked like a dump.
I would agree with the appearance at Classic, but have had no issues as I did at Universal. The only thing that I will remind them of next time is to not overfill the oil.

I have dealt with the new Service Manager at Universal and he was the one I was referring to.

I'm sure many have had very good experiences there and actually the reason I purchased from there was the service I received for my Maxima. Actually purchased two cars in two weeks, but never again.

I have to come down there for my final attempt to repair for my oil guzzling rev-up, so it should be interesting.

[EDIT] On #4, I may have had it backwards. I have Alberto Gonzales disease, I really do not recall which it was
Old 04-21-2007, 05:54 PM
quentinc25

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
Wesley Chapel Nissan. Worst Experience Ever. Add More to list.
Who was your salesmen? I just bought my 07 roadster from there and it was ok. Same old wheel and deal crap that took for ever but that takes place at most dealerships. Phil is the guy that I was talking to and he was really good but the sales manager was a ****. Dude was about to let a sale go over $200.

While I am here I will add this dealership. Courtesy Nissan! I didn't know if I was going to look at cars or try out some crack!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:59 PM
ray3889

wood land hills nissan! i scheduled an appointment for ratteling sound (turns out 2 b somethings wrong with d clutch)so they drove it for a test drive burned out my tires raised d rpms to d limit left me w/o gas...worst part of it nuthins wrong wid car.....priceless!!!! later that day i went 2 a local car shop turns out 2 b d clutch....!!!whooooh!!!and aftur 2 week thy sent me a letter of extenson for warranty???wut an cor*h@le hahahaha!never again!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:01 PM
quentinc25

Originally Posted by 350z2k3

I have used there service department and it was a mess. I took in my Titan for an oil change and 5 hours and 3 recalls later I left. It wasn't the work that took so long because for 3 hours my truck just sat there as other cars went around it. They freaking some how forgot about it!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Nero

Dublin Nissan in Dublin, CA
Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Praz

Miller Nissan, Van Nuys, CA
Sold me a six month old car as brand new saying it had never been registered. turns out it had been registered and now there is all this legal crap goin on. also it had to be taken back to the dealership in three days after it was bought because the tranny started flipping out. but they just said they couldnt duplicate and sent it back. and while it hasnt done it again, im pretty sure they did something. also sold for way over price considering it was used and not brand new like they said.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:46 PM
_NIZMO_

Old 04-21-2007, 10:10 PM
KwanZito

Smithtown Nissan, Long Island NY.

Reason: Lazy Idiots
Old 04-21-2007, 11:30 PM
05 NISMO

Originally Posted by chunpiu
Serramonte Nissan, in Daly City CA
+1
Old 04-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Blacryan

Beaverton Nissan - Beaverton, OR
Salem Nissan - Salem, OR

Too many bad experiences to list... But I'll make a list if need be =)
Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nissan/Kia of Middletown in New Hampton, NY and Essex Nissan/Volkswagen in Miami, FL.

Reason: Sales was great. Ordered my '05 Track for $500 over invoice beginning of March. Was told it would arrive mid-to-late May. Fast foward a couple of months, coming back from a vacation beginning of June, I was told the car would be waiting for me. Call the day of the arrival, told it would be another 30 days. I had a seller for my Prelude and needed a car.

Found a Z in Miami at Essex Volkswagen/Nissan that was similar to the one I ordered, got it through the Internet Manager for $500 under invoice (lot damage, was repaired though). I had tried to get my dealer I ordered from to get it for me, but they said Essex wouldn't budge on a deal. So I flew down mid-June, bought the car. Sales was a horrible experience. Took 7 hours to process my information and figure out the title (since it was out-of-state). After working 12 hours the night before (700PM - 700AM), catching a 1000AM flight out of Newark, NJ to Miami, FL and taking a $60 cab ride to the dealer, I finally left with the car at like 730PM at night.

Long story short, the car I ordered beginning of March arrived 7 weeks late after the promised delivery date (instead of mid-May, it was late-July). When the dealer I ordered the car from wouldn't work with another dealer I found a similar Z at, I bought the car from myself there. However, that was a nightmare in itself, having to wait 7 hours for them to process the paperwork.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 AM
CaliTouring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Universal City Nissan.

Quick Reply: List of Dealerships Not to Work With.