Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

List of Dealerships Not to Work With.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:50 PM
350z2k3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a good buying experience at Wesley Chapel Nissan...never went there beyond that.

Ferman Nissan of New Port Richey...sorry excuse for a service department and service manager. Here's my rant...

I took my Z in for warranty work, driver side window. I also wanted them to fix the grease streaks, check the axle clickling and give me an oil change.

I dropped it off at 7am Saturday morning, gave them my list of issues and left. The service manager calls me back at 11am and starts rattling off all of these prices for each "repair". I explained to him that my car was under the 100k mile Nissan warranty and asked why he hadn't verified my VIN in the Nissan system. He explained that Nissan's site where they check vehicle info was "down" and he couldn't check. Then he said would have to order the power window motor and check to see if everything else was covered. He made an appt for me to come in on Tuesday and said he'd have the part. He also told me the "nissan warranty guy" would be in to verify everything was covered under warranty. By the way, they also "forgot" to do my oil change.

I go back on Tuesday morning and he says "Ok the window motor is covered everything else is not" I asked him about the TSB's for those issues and for him to see if Nissan would cover it under "goodwill" and he said "Nissan doesn't like us to do that" BS!!

Then he tells me I'll have to come back becuase he has to order the window motor. WTF!? He told me Saturday that he ordered it and made me an appt. for Tuesday and now he hasn't even ordered it yet. So basically I wasted my time on two different days to get absolutely nothing.

So I was pissed off, told the service manager he was a moron and that he lost my business forever. I then went to Autoway Nissan, they always had great service when I had my Maxima. They took care of everything and didn't even blink.

...end of rant.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Speeddemon69

Originally Posted by drewb612
tagged...i had problems with maroone nissan of kendall.

They finally did fix their mistake but the process was a nightmare!
what was the problem?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:37 AM
black06z

Originally Posted by gsazabi
It's just too bad that you fellow Z owners in other states don't have the pleasure of having fine dealerships like West Covina Nissan and Performance Nissan here in So. Cal.
yeah, I wish I could experience some of the great feedback others have given them, and damn, do their facilities look nice, and that's how a Nissan dealership should look and their prices are good too.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A rule of thumb...

Don't do buisiness with any dealership that has at least one vowel in their name.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
350z2k3

Originally Posted by kaizenro1
Riverside,CA Nissan

I emailed them, they emailed me a special internet price $28,7xx. Went to go look at the car and test drove it.

We sit down to start paperwork and the guy starts off with writing $33,500 (not counting TT+L).
I'm like "$33k! Where did that number come from?"
Well we put chromed (stock) rims on it and it adds $3k. (Sounds like I was baited to come up and look at it)

(Well if they're stock, you could chrome them, I doubt it costs $3k to chrome them)

I say, "Let's take the rims off and put unchromed ones on there."

His 'writer' comes in and he says "Okay, we'll give you the car w/ the chrome rims for $30,500 or $29,500 without." (note internet price of $28,7xx above)
I say you're crazy, "$28k OTD". I get the same prices again but he says he'll work with me to get my monthly payments down to my $400 range (w/ down payment, trade-in).

I walked.
Typical dealership shenanigans.