Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Suggestion!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 AM
furiousZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he lives with his parents, how will he be in debt? OMG MY LUNCH MONEY!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:33 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by hardrock905
I was being sarcastic man.
Driving experience AND maturity level play a major role in accidents.
If the driving age were to be raised to 30-32, it is a given that auto accidents would decrease.
Would that be due to older mature drivers or the fact that you would have less overall drivers on the roads? Hmmm...
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 AM
ezramoore

He has ten grand, and he wants to buy a NEW WRX. Man if you find me a new WRX for 10k I'll buy three. Debt is debt whether or not you're paying it off/down.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:51 AM
rjhay22

Originally Posted by coreapoc

Dont live with your mom. Get a good job/college which ever is in your path, and move out and be your own person. DO be smart about your spendings - DONT waste it on women or going out to the bars. Trust me. Buy beer at the grocery store and invite friends over - more fun anyways.

Get a house - get a car - then worry about a girlfriend. Do not share a mortgage/rent with her unless youre positive youll end up marrying her. Moving in with someone without the guarentee or marriage is one of the stupidest and most troublesome mistakes you can make. I should know. I made it twice

Worry about number one and when the time comes number two will be easier to maintain.

Amen!!! Finish school, get a decent job, invest on a house, get money from it, then ur good to get a much better car than a subaru then women will come easy.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Would that be due to older mature drivers or the fact that you would have less overall drivers on the roads? Hmmm...
Point taken.
In reality, it would be from both. In my analysis, I am just focusing on the age/maturity level aspect.
If it were possible for the same # of drivers to be on the road and the driving age be set at 30 yrs+, yes there would still be far less accidents IMO.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
SDFella619

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
+1

It's not just what you do behind the wheel. It's the fact that as a teenager you are prone to do stupid ****. It's pretty much a law of nature. You can deny this up and down, and tell me how great and responsible you are, but you can't deny the fact that you are seventeen. Thus, you are inexperienced and prone to doing stupid ****. I'm sure you will deny this up and down. It's okay, I expect that.

The thing is, you're not getting the answer you want. When that happens, you instantly recoil and lash out at the source of the unpleasantness, without first deciding if the unpleasant thought might be a correct one. If you can look at the question beyond just getting the answer you want and expect, and view it objectively, you will see that this is about the dumbest thing you can do at this point in your life. A brand-new sports car should be so far down your priority list right now that to even discuss it is laughable.

Don't forget all of us old fogies (I'm 26, I guess I don't fit into either of the two convenient categories here) once were teenagers, and maybe we actually know what we're talking about. Your job is great until you lose it. Your roommates are awesome until they steal half your **** and move to another state, leaving two months of unpaid rent. There are so many things that can happen during the years and years that you will be making payment after payment to both your insurance company, the bank, AND the gas stations that it will eat you alive unless you can afford it.

Buy a slightly used Civic SI. It's plenty enough car for you.

Better yet, get a last-generation Accord with 100k+ on the odo. on the cheap, and keep saving your money. I did hear correctly that you are putting your entire life savings into just the down payment?

You will regret that decision. It's not a hypothesis, it's a guarantee.
like I said, the money I have been saving is Strictly for my car. I have money, thats no prob. Me and my bro own our own business. SO money is not a prob for me. My whole family are good drivers. No Wrecks or anything like that. My question was, what car should i get. I don't need advice about saving my money or doig all that kind of ****. I appreciate your concern for me. But I can handle my life just fine.

Last edited by SDFella619; 05-02-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by SDFella619
like I said, the money I have been saving is Strictly for my car. I have money, thats no prob. Me and my bro own our own business. SO money is not a prob for me. My whole family are good drivers. No Wrecks or anything like that. My question was, what car should i get. I don't need advice about saving my money or doig all that kind of ****. I appreciate your concern for me. But I can handle my life just fine.
Is good driving a genetic trait? I've never heard that one before.
And you really shouldn't get pissed off because some members are offering you good advice before making a bad decision.
And +1 on getting a used car.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
NGZ

I think that to help you make your decision, you should get insurance quotes for all the cars. I wouldn't be surprised if the Z is the costliest to insure.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
SDFella619

Is good driving a genetic trait? I've never heard that one before.
And you really shouldn't get pissed off because some members are offering you good advice before making a bad decision.
And +1 on getting a used car.
I'm not getting pissed off? I'm not here to get Financial advice. I'm just here becuz i was told u guys are the best for info about cars for young people like me. LIKE said earlier, i appreciate all the help I'm getting, its just not the help I'm looking for. Sorry if i offended Ne.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 PM
SDFella619

I've been reading all the threads in this forums. I have been seeing how much help u guys give to others members wit there probs. Thats why im here asking for ur guys help IN CHOOSING a car thats right for me.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:08 PM
SDFella619

Originally Posted by NGZ
I think that to help you make your decision, you should get insurance quotes for all the cars. I wouldn't be surprised if the Z is the costliest to insure.
+1

Thats a good idea. Lets me choose better, becuz one car can cost me like $400 a month just to insure. Thx.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 PM
S8ER95Z

Point taken.
In reality, it would be from both. In my analysis, I am just focusing on the age/maturity level aspect.
If it were possible for the same # of drivers to be on the road and the driving age be set at 30 yrs+, yes there would still be far less accidents IMO.
Would be interesting to see what would happen. I do hope though it doesn't happen in my lifetime...
Old 05-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Darlos

Man, you should never have mentioned how old you are. If you had just said I'm thinking about buying one of the following cars and have some money to put down, most of the posts would be about the cars instead of your age.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:25 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Would be interesting to see what would happen. I do hope though it doesn't happen in my lifetime...
I think you're safe. I doubt if it would ever get raised above 18 at the most.
Driving is a necessity to make a living for most people, myself included.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 AM
S8ER95Z

Hear you there..been working since I was 16 (26 now)..without a car (being able to drive) life wouldn't exist as I know it.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:58 AM
rjhay22

+1

Thats a good idea. Lets me choose better, becuz one car can cost me like $400 a month just to insure. Thx.

Yes, true that, Insurance and young age dont go along too well... Ive had my share. LOL... I was guilty of that "SAVE MONEY, FINANCIAL SHlT" advice, glad to know ur doin well in life, more power to you on that... A wrx would be fine for you then, it fits 4 people which is very useful when ur in highschool, has enough power, even more than you need, and mods are affordable. Good Luck on ur Car purchase. If money is not an option, get the car u truly like, you'll be driving it for quiet awhile so make the most out of it.

-Z LOVER-
Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Kegsbane

Good luck. You will need it way, way more than you realize.

Last edited by Kegsbane; 05-03-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:46 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
Good luck. You will need it way, way more than you realize.
True that. Most teenagers cannot think any further out then one day at a time.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
enuff4life

Originally Posted by Richy350Z
What about an EVO?
17 years old with about 1 year of driving life? I wonder how much insurance come up with. I had quote for 18 yrs old, male with clean record and by my self for $6,600 for a year....

If you can buy a car under your parents name, i would try but it won't be that cheaper..

I seriously recondmand RSX because WRX and Evo insurance is too high, but fund drive. and GTO I really don't know about that man. FYI I picked up brannew 06 enth for 25k. search ~!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Zmazing03

If you just want pure fast, you can't go wrong with a GTO. Brand new '06 GTO will cost you less than a new Z, and it goes a HELL of a lot faster.

I guarantee your insurance would be cheaper on a GTO than a Z as well.

Quick Reply: Need Suggestion!!!!!!!