Old 05-06-2007, 09:28 AM
rhynesimpson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give the dude a break.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by 26350z26
I even said it was my fault. No one made me crash I take full responsblity and I did leran a lesson. 1 never again am I getting in a small car, 2 hopefully there is a truck in the future, 3 speeding is dumb and I see that now.

This is the lesson you "leraned"????? You take full "responsblity" for what happened? I don't think so...

"1. never again am I getting in a small car," - The Z is one of the safest, most wind resistant vehicles there are. The lower you are to the ground, and the more wind resistant you are, the less chance there is of wind blowing you off the road.

"2 hopefully there is a truck in the future," - A truck is the opposite of a car. It is higher, less wind resistant and there is a better chance for the wind blowing you off the road. The brakes, steering everything are more "truck-like" or "more sucky". A truck is also more likely to kill someone else when you get into an accident.

"3 speeding is dumb and I see that now" - Speeding when you are a moron who can't drive, and just got their license, with a Z being their first car is dumb.

So, the lesson I've learned here is you should drive a horse buggy. That way, you can still get to school, don't have to worry about excessive speeds or blowing over with high winds.

welcome to the new ride.

Or go crawl back into momma's womb. It's safer there.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
26350z26

Im pretty sure the z can get fixed didnt look to bad when I took a glimpse at it. Im prob. going to have to get a job to pay off the ticket im going to be recieving. You make it seem like i was doing 100 through traffic and weaving around no thats not how it happened. The cop said he saw me from up ahead and caught up to me at 105. I was driving fast, so maybe that is wreckless but I didnt get a wreckless driving ticket just a speeding ticket and not obeying my licnese rules. And oh yeah I dont want a 350 back I want something safer to drive like a truck and not a sports car to tempt me to drive fast.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Kegsbane

Originally Posted by rhynesimpson
Give the dude a break.
Do you really think the wind blew his car off the road hard enough to make it flip twice?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:37 AM
26350z26

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
Do you really think the wind blew his car off the road hard enough to make it flip twice?
my car didnt flip because of the wind. The wind shook my car back and forth and I lost control. We skidded across the freeway and down a little hill and flipped.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 AM
flintgauge

lol... Thank you sir for your contribution to another teen driving statistic, thus ensuring the continued high prices of insurance for both the 16-25 male age group and the sports car bracket as well.
Next time, tell mom and daddy you want a Toyota Echo, that way you won't have to worry about speeding or loosing control. obviously RWD and 300hp is too much for you to handle, and driving triple digit speeds down public roads= DE DE DE!
Like so many people have said before, it's all about three words, PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP! You guys take for granted mom and dads hand outs and think they will never end. I sure hope they make you get a job to pay the ticket, and the damage to the Z, then they should sell it, and make you pay off the turquoise blue Toyota echo.
iceman21_23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car didnt flip because of the wind. The wind shook my car back and forth and I lost control. We skidded across the freeway and down a little hill and flipped.
^ thats driver error, you freaked out and you tried to over correct
Kegsbane

Well now that you admit you were doing at least 105, a lot of things could have happened, especially with someone who most likely has less than one year of driving experience.

Your decision to get a truck is a very good one. Way more practical and safer. Modding trucks is fun, too.

I am glad you're safe. Hopefully we won't see too many more pickles, but with accidents happening almost daily, who knows..
Old 05-06-2007, 09:42 AM
sgshap06

The wind is not an excuse..

I don't even know why people post their wreck stories unless there is a legit reason. If your a member of this forum and you read these a lot you should know better than to post something like this knowing your going to receive alot of harsh comments.. Especially with an excuse like that. "Wind"

Lol.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:43 AM
suv11186

Glad you two are ok, but no sympathy for young spoiled punks that treat their expensive gifts like crap.....ie, driving recklessly in a $30,000 dollar car give or take. Keep it at the track man. You're the kind that gives the rest of us a bad rep while we're trying to cruise around in our Z's. Yea, I'm only 22. Not much older than you, but I paid for mine and I act like it when I drive it. Just my .02
Old 05-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow i cannot believe it last night about 6ish i was driving with my friend we were going pretty fast and then it happened lost controlled skidded across the freeway off to the side down a small hill flipped twice over a fence and landed on the wheels i dont really remember it but my friend does and he told me it we flipped couple times i cant believe it ive read soo much crap bout 350z getting totaled and here i am talking bout how it happened to me i got a fatty a** ticket but im fine jus a f***ed up face damn its crazy i didnt get any pictures cause the cop said he was chasing after me and saw what happened which i think is bs cause i didnt see no cop after me but me and my friend are find prob not gonna get a new z only 2 months old im thinking of getting a used truck but im only 16 my mom or my dad has to buy it and right now things dont look good but i live 20 miles from school and haVE TO DRIVE but thank god im still alive and nothing serious i love my z and i really messed up and i take full responsbilty i wasnt driving safe in the bad conditions. thank you

You are the reason folks rag on teens driving a Z. You wrecked your car by acting stupid on public roads, you endangered your life and the lives of everyone on that road. You're just another reason insurance rates keep going up for this car. Your parents and you are pretty dumb. I'm glad your car got totaled, you need to ride the bus until you grow up.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Driven1
Professional

Geeze, he's a friggin kid. Im sure all you guys that are bashing him were friggin angels when you were 16. We've all done stupid $hit and thats how we grow and learn.

Glad you're not hurt, and I hope you learned a lesson from it. Thats all that really matters. Cars can be replaced, you can't.

Honestly, at his age, I would expect some of the comments that he's posting. Once again, he's 16 friggin years old. He's got a lot of learning to do.

I hope you guys don't bash your kids like that when they make a mistake.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 AM
skmaxima2535

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im pretty sure the z can get fixed didnt look to bad when I took a glimpse at it. Im prob. going to have to get a job to pay off the ticket im going to be recieving. You make it seem like i was doing 100 through traffic and weaving around no thats not how it happened. The cop said he saw me from up ahead and caught up to me at 105. I was driving fast, so maybe that is wreckless but I didnt get a wreckless driving ticket just a speeding ticket and not obeying my licnese rules. And oh yeah I dont want a 350 back I want something safer to drive like a truck and not a sports car to tempt me to drive fast.
how is it not totaled if u flipped it twice wow eveything u say is bs. drive smart
Old 05-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven1
My kid is getting a 4 door, FWD car that's slow as hell.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Kegsbane

I could have done with some more bashing. Maybe I wouldn't have been paying $2000+ a year in liability for a Nissan Quest when I was 16.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:54 AM
drivenCSZ

Geeze, he's a friggin kid. Im sure all you guys that are bashing him were friggin angels when you were 16. We've all done stupid $hit and thats how we grow and learn.

Glad you're not hurt, and I hope you learned a lesson from it. Thats all that really matters. Cars can be replaced, you can't.

Honestly, at his age, I would expect some of the comments that he's posting. Once again, he's 16 friggin years old. He's got a lot of learning to do.

the problem is though that not ALL young people are irresponsible idiots...This kid obviously is and never should have been given the keys to a Z. He obviously wasnt mature enough to handle it and didnt respect the car. This kid along with the dumb *** ricers doing burnouts in parking lots, and ricer fly bys are why the rest of us get a bad name and higher insurance rates.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
My kid is getting a 4 door, FWD car that's slow as hell.
And thats what I had. Actually to be more exact, it was a Volvo.

It's not his fault his parents gave him a Z. If my parents offered that up to me at 16, I can't honestly say I wouldn't have jumped all over it as well.

My point is he's a kid and everyone's bashing him like he should have the common sense, wisdom, and smarts of a 50 y/o. And even some of the people that age are questionable at times.

Stop bashing him and teach him. He's a friggin kid.

And we wonder why have the youth in this age are so F'ed up. When they make a mistake they get bashed on and people actually wishing they were dead instead. Thats just sad to me.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Tubbs

My parents were smart enough to realize the cars I should be driving are not sports cars at the beginning. My father was smart enough to take me to a racing school on my birthday. I never drive like an angel, but I never put anyone at risk on the roads. And if the car starts to lose control, I don't panic.

And you're saying at 16 he has a lot of learning to do. He does. So he shouldn't be driving a Z at high speeds on a public road. He should also learn to project his thoughts better.

He deserves to get bashed, I figure.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Tubbs

Stop bashing him and teach him. He's a friggin kid.

And we wonder why have the youth in this age are so F'ed up. When they make a mistake they get bashed on and people actually wishing they were dead instead. Thats just sad to me.

Our bashing is a way of teaching. Kids are Grade A morons right now because of all this PC crap in the world, and parents trying to one up each other by buying their kids more expensive things than the other neighbors.

The OP and his parents are morons.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I1DER

[QUOTE=Driven1] It's not his fault his parents gave him a Z. If my parents offered that up to me at 16, I can't honestly say I wouldn't have jumped all over it as well.

My point is he's a kid and everyone's bashing him like he should have the common sense, wisdom, and smarts of a 50 y/o. And even some of the people that age are questionable at times.

Stop bashing him and teach him. He's a friggin kid. QUOTE]

Most kids his age have learned more in school, care enough about others to communicate clearly, and show more responsibility for their actions. Someone needs to bash him. Apparently his parents and teachers aren't.

The question on many people's minds is whether he and his friend lived to learn the lesson or did they live to take themselves and maybe others out in the future. Harsh, but true.

Last edited by I1DER; 05-06-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: totaled the z