Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

totaled the z

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:07 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Did mommy send you to bed without dessert?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Pinky Demon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with pretty much everything stated here. I am not much older than you, only 17, 18 in three months. What you did is flat out, ***** to the walls stupid. That's with a capital S and a period, since you didn't know how to use those two modern marvels earlier.

Your parents spent their hard earned money so that you could have something nice to roll around in as your first car, something you could show off, and possibly even have a little fun in too. So you repay them in turn by wrecking your Z and nearly killing yourself. Great job!

Do you know how many kids I know out there, who would kill a person, cut off their penises, and donate a kidney and lung to have a Z or similar nice car. I can't even count it on one hand. You shame yourself by what you did. Hell, you shame all the other responsible teen drivers out there who respect the rules of the road and appreciate what they drive. Work hard for some money then buy a car, you'll appreciate it a lot more, and you'll understand how much and exactly what it takes to be able to buy something nice, without leeching off Mommy and Daddy for it. Hope you learn from your mistakes and grow up. You most likely won't be so fortunate next time.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Skidfive805

Default .

agreed with buying your own vehicles.

16yrs old - 3000 dollars, bought a 97 lumina.
17rs old - rebuilt a 1973 Volkswagen bug to show car condition, race engine, etc. put in around $12,000 and appraised for $17,550

17rs old - During the time I had both of those cars, I bought an 87 corvette for 1500 dollars, put 2500 into it and sold it for 7500. 3500 dollars profit in 3 months.

sold the vw at 19 for $14000

20 1/2 yrs old - my lumina finally took a dump and I got my Z 5 months ago.

Last edited by Skidfive805; 05-06-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Firstly you are very lucky to be telling us your story OP.

Perhaps you might think about having some defensive driving lessons or whatever you call them in the USA, before getting into a replacement vehicle.

Think about every time you get into the car and do potentially something very stupid how your family would feel if you were gone. We all should do this.

You had a very lucky escape.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
BojanC350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bottled Water
this is why momy and dady shouldnt buy kids yur age Zs. ther ar 3 kids in my area who got them from their parents......one kid wrecked.. i mean done. the other slid into a median and lost his rear end. and the other went into a ditch.........16-19+momy dadys money+Z= totald
your just saying that because your mommy and daddy didnt buy you a Z..not all teenagers are bad drivers some are responisble...leave him alone..
Old 05-06-2007, 09:45 PM
CivicDelSlow

Originally Posted by Pinky Demon
I agree with pretty much everything stated here. I am not much older than you, only 17, 18 in three months. What you did is flat out, ***** to the walls stupid. That's with a capital S and a period, since you didn't know how to use those two modern marvels earlier.

I don't see a capital S in stupid?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
The HACK

Originally Posted by BojanC350z
your just saying that because your mommy and daddy didnt buy you a Z..not all teenagers are bad drivers some are responisble...leave him alone..
No...I'm pretty sure ALL teenagers are bad drivers. There are only a handful of teenagers that I know that actually CAN drive, and they've all gone through some sort of rigorous advanced high performance driver's training (one is a regional kart champion on the West coast, another is a club racer's son and begun instructing at the age of 18).

Trust me. You (teenagers) all don't have the seat time and experiences to call yourselves good drivers unless you've been to enough car control clinics and HPDEs. I thought I was a "responsible" driver until I lost control of my '91 Integra at the ripe age of 17 on a freeway interchange. Lucky for me I ended up in a thick patch of icy plants instead of down a 30 ft drop on the other side of the interchange. Before that I would swear that I'm probably the most responsible teenager you will ever come across.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Winds do not blow over a 350z, no matter what speed your going.

Next excuse?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Leave him alone? He just raised your insurance! You must not pay for it yourself if you're not *****ing.

No, not all teens are bad drivers. Just the OP. So no, there is no "leave him alone " here. There is only pain and lamentation.

nugga STFU and log off your parents dial up.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Armitage
Winds do not blow over a 350z, no matter what speed your going.

Next excuse?
It was JDM wind yo!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:11 AM
incomming

Originally Posted by 26350z26
wow i cannot believe it last night about 6ish i was driving with my friend we were going pretty fast and then it happened lost controlled skidded across the freeway off to the side down a small hill flipped twice over a fence and landed on the wheels i dont really remember it but my friend does and he told me it we flipped couple times i cant believe it ive read soo much crap bout 350z getting totaled and here i am talking bout how it happened to me i got a fatty a** ticket but im fine jus a f***ed up face damn its crazy i didnt get any pictures cause the cop said he was chasing after me and saw what happened which i think is bs cause i didnt see no cop after me but me and my friend are find prob not gonna get a new z only 2 months old im thinking of getting a used truck but im only 16 my mom or my dad has to buy it and right now things dont look good but i live 20 miles from school and haVE TO DRIVE but thank god im still alive and nothing serious i love my z and i really messed up and i take full responsbilty i wasnt driving safe in the bad conditions. thank you
I give the adults in these forums sh*t for talking trash about teens. kids like you just make people like me wrong. leave and don't come back, your young, immature, and have lost the right to post in the "MY" 350z website. kthxbye.

god i hate people that ruin things i work for.. like rights for teens. everytime i make improvement some fool comes along and writes an article saying "hey yall i dun' crashed my Z flipping it three times, and my mommy and daddy are mad because im 16."
Old 05-07-2007, 05:16 AM
incomming

Originally Posted by Divergent13
Another idiot 16 year old Z driver. Ugh.
my point exactly. not half way through reading these posts and the teen comments are flooding in.

hate stupid teens, hope you broke a arm or something in the accident and will remember it more.

im sure ill be going from an arm to a leg, to a neck, to losing all four appendages to im sure eventual mortality by the time i finish reading this thread.
i honestly hate you. kthx.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:25 AM
incomming

Originally Posted by Divergent13
hopefully you won't reproduce
i hate the OP. hate him so much.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:30 AM
incomming

Originally Posted by Pinky Demon

Your parents spent their hard earned money so that you could have something nice to roll around in as your first car, something you could show off, and possibly even have a little fun in too. So you repay them in turn by wrecking your Z and nearly killing yourself. Great job!

Do you know how many kids I know out there, who would kill a person, cut off their penises, and donate a kidney and lung to have a Z or similar nice car. I can't even count it on one hand. You shame yourself by what you did. Hell, you shame all the other responsible teen drivers out there who respect the rules of the road and appreciate what they drive. Work hard for some money then buy a car, you'll appreciate it a lot more, and you'll understand how much and exactly what it takes to be able to buy something nice, without leeching off Mommy and Daddy for it. Hope you learn from your mistakes and grow up. You most likely won't be so fortunate next time.
+ a million. this guy speaks my language.

finally someone that hates the OP **nearly** as much as i do.
fggin Dbag
Old 05-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Kegsbane

Originally Posted by incomming
I give the adults in these forums sh*t for talking trash about teens. kids like you just make people like me wrong. leave and don't come back, your young, immature, and have lost the right to post in the "MY" 350z website. kthxbye.

god i hate people that ruin things i work for.. like rights for teens. everytime i make improvement some fool comes along and writes an article saying "hey yall i dun' crashed my Z flipping it three times, and my mommy and daddy are mad because im 16."
It's because young people, for the most part, really are immature and stupid. I would call this a fact if there was any way to actually quantify it. Needless to say it's a widely accepted notion.

There are obviously exceptions, but your actions define who you are, not your words. I like to give kids the benefit of the doubt, but when I see a post like this, where not only does the guy crash his car, but then comes on here and lies about it, with one of the weakest excuses ever... makes it hard for me to do so.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:45 AM
abyss

Old 05-07-2007, 06:54 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
It's because young people, for the most part, really are immature and stupid. I would call this a fact if there was any way to actually quantify it. Needless to say it's a widely accepted notion.
It has been quantified, at least as far as driving safety goes:

Teenage Driver Crash Statistics

The relationship between age and driving behavior has interested highway safety researchers and administrators for many years. It is generally acknowledged that the greatest risk of traffic crashes is among teenage drivers. Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers across the United States. For both men and women, drivers aged 16 to 19 years of age have the highest average annual crash and traffic violation rates of any other age group.

Teenage Driver Crash Risk Factors
The traffic accident rates for 16- to 19-year old drivers are higher than those for any other age group. What causes teenage drivers to be such risky drivers? The following is a list of their primary risk factors.

Poor hazard detection
The ability to detect hazards in the driving environment depends upon perceptual and information-gathering skills and involves properly identifying stimuli as potential threats. It takes time for young novice drivers to acquire this ability.

Low risk perception
Risk perception involves subjectively assessing the degree of threat posed by a hazard and one's ability to deal with the threat. Young novice drivers tend to underestimate the crash risk in hazardous situations and overestimate their ability to avoid the threats they identify.

Risk Taking
Teenagers tend to take more risks while driving partly due to their overconfidence in their driving abilities. Young novice drivers are more likely to engage in risky behaviors like speeding, tailgating, running red lights, violating traffic signs and signals, making illegal turns, passing dangerously, and failure to yield to pedestrians.

Not wearing seat belts
Teenagers tend to wear safety belts less often than older drivers. Why?

Lack of skill
Novice teenage drivers have not yet completely mastered basic vehicle handling skills and safe-driving knowledge they need to drive safely.

Alcohol and drugs
Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is a common cause of serious crashes, especially fatal ones, involving teenage drivers. Teenagers who drink and drive are at much greater risk of serious crashes than are older drivers with equal concentrations of alcohol in their blood.

Carrying passengers
For teenagers, the risk of being in a crash increases when they transport passengers-the fatality risk of drivers aged 16-17 years is 3.6 times higher when they are driving with passengers than when they are driving alone, and the relative risk of a fatal crash increases as the number of passengers increases. Passengers who are age peers may distract the teen drivers and encourage them to take more risks, especially for young males riding with young male drivers.

Night driving
The per mile crash rate for teenaged drivers is 3 times higher after 9:00 pm during the day. This is because the task of driving at night is more difficult; they have less experience driving at night than during the day; they are more sleep deprived, and/or because teenage recreational driving, which often involves alcohol, is more likely to occur at night.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:55 AM
kayfuNk
Banned

glad you're alright.. id really like to know how you just "LOST CONTROL".. i drive my car like a stole it.. my tail end comes out when i make it, and that's it...but you should not own this type of car at your age.. especially from the background you come from.. probably never worked a day in your life, so you really have no respect for how things work ;\, you drive your car like it's another thing that can be replaced by your parents, just another $1 for them, no biggy right? WRONG, try to be more careful and get something less powerful until you've learned to respect your life, your friends life, and your possessions.

I'VE MET a hundred teenagers with nice cars.. and the ones who work and pay for them are always the safe ones and seem to learn how to drive their car before "DRIVING" their car. the ones who had their parents buy it have a huge lack of respect for the type of $ you'll lose and how ****ed you are if you wreck your car and you have to pay for it. BAD teenage drivers are a product of their environment IMO.. If your parents are rich and don't make you work, even if it's for them.. you're pretty much respectless for possessions.

Last edited by kayfuNk; 05-07-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Kegsbane

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
It has been quantified, at least as far as driving safety goes
Gotta love it.

I saw this list when I was 16, too.

Unfortunately, I said what almost all 16-year-olds still say today: "F that S."

I'm just glad I was lucky. It's the only reason I'm here.

Keep in mind that I had a wicked 150 hp fwd minivan. If I had a Z, luck might not have even been enough.

Well, I'm not so sure this guy is even still reading this thread. Hopefully he got the point.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:20 AM
kayfuNk
Banned

Originally Posted by Tubbs
This is the lesson you "leraned"????? You take full "responsblity" for what happened? I don't think so...

"1. never again am I getting in a small car," - The Z is one of the safest, most wind resistant vehicles there are. The lower you are to the ground, and the more wind resistant you are, the less chance there is of wind blowing you off the road.

"2 hopefully there is a truck in the future," - A truck is the opposite of a car. It is higher, less wind resistant and there is a better chance for the wind blowing you off the road. The brakes, steering everything are more "truck-like" or "more sucky". A truck is also more likely to kill someone else when you get into an accident.

"3 speeding is dumb and I see that now" - Speeding when you are a moron who can't drive, and just got their license, with a Z being their first car is dumb.

So, the lesson I've learned here is you should drive a horse buggy. That way, you can still get to school, don't have to worry about excessive speeds or blowing over with high winds.

welcome to the new ride.

Or go crawl back into momma's womb. It's safer there.

LOL PFFFF, couldn't have said it better myself.

Quick Reply: totaled the z