Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:05 PM
solarnrg916

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how ironic!!!!!! hahah sound like an insurance fraud there buddy!
Old 05-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Rob10_99

I recently got my insurance claim taken care of,
in short, car was sitting outside and about 5k worth of **** was stripped, even the hood!
2 months later= check!
In short, call that ***** ___EVERY____DAY___ until your issue is resolved.

"talking to her boss" is another way to speed things up
Old 05-16-2007, 03:07 AM
SimonD

It's funny, the story about someone breaking in to steal the car isn't that uncommon here in the UK. In fact I know at least two Z owners who have had it done to them, just the car and the thieves came in thru kitchen or patio doors.

Why is it so hard to accept that it's possible that the car was stolen to order?
At least one of the cars was found 48 hours later parked up on the side of the road, no apparant damage to it, all intact. Why? to see if the car had a tracker in it (similar to lo-jack I am guessing?), if it's not picked up in a couple of days the car is free to be taken elsewhere to be chopped or moved over seas.

I find it pretty sad that a lot of people naturally assumed the car had been stolen for insurance purposes, says a lot about certain peoples out look on things in my opinion.

At OP, I hope that the car was stolen and dumped like I mentioned above, it should mean that the car is in a somewhat decent state, otherwise heres hoping it get's written off for you if too badly damaged.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:56 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by SimonD
It's funny, the story about someone breaking in to steal the car isn't that uncommon here in the UK. In fact I know at least two Z owners who have had it done to them, just the car and the thieves came in thru kitchen or patio doors.

Why is it so hard to accept that it's possible that the car was stolen to order?
At least one of the cars was found 48 hours later parked up on the side of the road, no apparant damage to it, all intact. Why? to see if the car had a tracker in it (similar to lo-jack I am guessing?), if it's not picked up in a couple of days the car is free to be taken elsewhere to be chopped or moved over seas.

I find it pretty sad that a lot of people naturally assumed the car had been stolen for insurance purposes, says a lot about certain peoples out look on things in my opinion.

At OP, I hope that the car was stolen and dumped like I mentioned above, it should mean that the car is in a somewhat decent state, otherwise heres hoping it get's written off for you if too badly damaged.
This isn't the UK and stories such as this are not common at all.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:36 PM
iknowitsfast

Damn man that sux...good luck
Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Korki Buchek

Finally saw the car yesterday. It was at an impound lot about 50 miles from here. It appears that they just drove the hell out of the car until it was out of gas, then locked it and left it on the roadside. There is minor damage both outside and inside. The biggest thing is that it looks like the trunk lid was ripped open, I have no idea why since they had the keys. It isn't fitting right. They stole my shift-****, e-manage, CD's, cash and checks for graduation presents a yo-yo and my electric toothbrush among other things. They didn't get the intake, exhaust or ugly chrome wheels (no idea why not since those are pretty easy to take as well). They tried, unsuccessfully, to get the pedals and it looks like they may have been pretty rough on the interior, but I can't be sure since the lights weren't working because I don't have a key.

Anyhow, it's on the way to a Nissan Dealer now to be looked over and inspected.

This would be the DUMBEST insurance scam ever. Having the car stolen only to find it 4 days later 50 miles away so that I have to drive back and forth in traffic. Leaving it out of gas with only expensive personal belongings and 2 mods stolen so that I have to argue with insurance about whether they'll cover any of it, and leaving minor damage that is going to be fixable, but not going to be able to get the car back in perfect shape as it was. Yes, I am running a scam just so that I can take 3 days off of work (unpaid) to take care of this, that's it you f*cking geniuses.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mannn... where was it jacked from and where did they find it?

if it wasn't LA, if it was some smaller town... there'd be ways to find out who did it :-x
Old 05-17-2007, 03:52 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
This would be the DUMBEST insurance scam ever. Having the car stolen only to find it 4 days later 50 miles away so that I have to drive back and forth in traffic. Leaving it out of gas with only expensive personal belongings and 2 mods stolen so that I have to argue with insurance about whether they'll cover any of it, and leaving minor damage that is going to be fixable, but not going to be able to get the car back in perfect shape as it was. Yes, I am running a scam just so that I can take 3 days off of work (unpaid) to take care of this, that's it you f*cking geniuses.
Hey you f*cking genius, if you cannot see why some people think your story is a little sketchy, you are very narrow minded.
And now to find out that somebody comitted a B&E and risked possibly getting shot all to take a short joy ride and steal a couple of items from the Z makes the story even stranger. Don't you think? I am not saying you're a liar, just saying that the details of this story are odd IMO.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:47 AM
stein

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Hey you f*cking genius, if you cannot see why some people think your story is a little sketchy, you are very narrow minded.
And now to find out that somebody comitted a B&E and risked possibly getting shot all to take a short joy ride and steal a couple of items from the Z makes the story even stranger. Don't you think? I am not saying you're a liar, just saying that the details of this story are odd IMO.

His story is odd but no reason to start calling him names! Criminals aren't the smartest people you know! If he wanted to pull a scam I am sure it would have been missing more parts!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:49 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by stein
His story is odd but no reason to start calling him names!
Please read the big bold letters that I highlighted from his quote.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 AM
stein

Please read the big bold letters that I highlighted from his quote.
Thanks and have a nice day.

My bad!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Kegsbane

Hardrock calling someone else narrow minded. How do you take a screenshot? That's gold.

Sorry about your luck, Korki.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:11 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
Hardrock calling someone else narrow minded. How do you take a screenshot? That's gold.
Kegsbane making fun of someone else for allegedly being narrow minded. I think I will take a screenshot. That's gold.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:14 AM
pimpsahab

Originally Posted by ezramoore
Dude, the RSX crap is starting to wear a little thin. So, if you're going to use it, make sure its in the context of the joke instead of just spouting some random dumb crap out.
+9,000,000,000
Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Tubbs

because of new car security systems, and "theft proof" ignition, etc. People are starting to break into places more often to steal the vehicle keys.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah dont pay too much attention to Hardrock he thinks everyone is criminal or scammer.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Built2shredZ

Lojack.......
Old 05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Tubbs
because of new car security systems, and "theft proof" ignition, etc. People are starting to break into places more often to steal the vehicle keys.
Makes sense.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by ArCtM
Yeah dont pay too much attention to Hardrock he thinks everyone is criminal or scammer.
Don't be salty just because I called you out on your BS story about how your dog got killed.
Btw, you never let anyone know the outcome of the police investigation.
I wonder why???
Old 05-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Korki Buchek

In any event, it is now at a dealership being looked over. The police investigation is still under way and we are awaiting results on the prints which may take from 6-8 weeks.

Oh, by the way: Stolen out of LA; found about 1/2 tank of gas south in Long Beach area.

Couldn't see it well in the little "dusting room" at the impound, according to the tow-truck driver the bumper is a little messed up as are the rims.

Last edited by Korki Buchek; 05-17-2007 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Stolen