Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

flooded my Z yesterday =(

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 AM
zeekle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure about gap insurance but I think that just covers the difference between what you owe and what the car is worth not "total replacement"

Basically my understanding is that you will walk away from it without a car but without debt if GAP kicks in.

But like anything you hear on the forums... talking to you insurance agent is the best bet.

Please let us know how it works out. I am interested to hear how your insurance company deals with it.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:05 AM
scardeal

Yeah, if that rain is like anything we had... oooh, boy.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Zmazing03

'm sure most of the Z owners that live in the tri-state area can relate to this from this past month when we experienced a similar rain storm which flooded a lot of highways....
No kidding. My basement had 5" of water in it.

If there is water across the road I don't go and attempt to drive through it. Find another route, or just wait -- in our case that wouldn't have worked. But when it rains a few inches in that short a time frame, chances are they flooding won't be there long when drainage catches up, etc.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:34 PM
trackpilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedBullRR

Sorry to hear that though! Shouldnt be a problem with insurance its to new of a car.
+1
Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 AM
06red350z

Angry Water + AEM intake

Just installed a cold air AEM intake...The car ran so smooth with more power....Yesterday it rained pretty hard and I wasn't driving the car..It was sitting in front of my home..After the rain stopped I went for a ride....The car started stumbling, missing, popping at 2500 rpm's..I barely made it back home again...I wanted the short ram intake but the sales guy told me it was a waist of money so he talked me into this cold air system..What a mistake....He did mention if I submerge the filter I could have this problem...I didn't submerge it at all . I wasn't even driving it during the storm..The filter sits in the right side corner just behind the amber side marker..It seems to be enclosed pretty good where water wouldn't get to that area easily..but apparently something did..Maybe alot of moisture in the air which may have soaked the foam enough to cause a problem. I should have stuck with my original idea about the short ram intake and never listen to this sales guy...Hopefully they will work with me and exchange it....
Old 05-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Apanther

I totally understand about Houston. I was there on a business trip last year. On the way from the airport it started to rain. By the time I reached my office - Richmond Rd, everything was flooded. Because of this, when I travel there now, I rent a SUV. The water level comes up very quickly there.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 AM
06red350z

Update....I called the store where i bought my intake....They said sorry..You can't return it since its already been installed on your car..Before I bought it..they said if you have a problem call us and we will help you..Boy!! what a change if attitude..So i decided to call AEM..They in the same way said ..too bad we can't take it back....I believe these cold air intakes should be off road use only....It nice having more power but not nice enough worrying about blowing a motor...Just my 2 cents....Never again

Anyone intersted in this system...Part # 21-547P Cheap....150.00 + shipping I paid 300.00

Last edited by 06red350z; 05-17-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:36 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

damn...When I first read the headline I admit that I was going to come in here to make jokes at you because I thought you meant you flooded the engine and I was going to say you must be really dumb to flood a fuel injected engine...but now that I know what you meant by actually flooding it, I feel for you. Hope you get taken care of by your insurance.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
soleil
NolaZcc

sorry to hear about ur car....i live in New Orleans annd we have the same problems here....i watch the news daily to see if i can drive my Z or borrow my parents mini van...its sux living down south with all the rain we get...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
soleil
NolaZcc

Originally Posted by 06red350z
Just installed a cold air AEM intake...The car ran so smooth with more power....Yesterday it rained pretty hard and I wasn't driving the car..It was sitting in front of my home..After the rain stopped I went for a ride....The car started stumbling, missing, popping at 2500 rpm's..I barely made it back home again...I wanted the short ram intake but the sales guy told me it was a waist of money so he talked me into this cold air system..What a mistake....He did mention if I submerge the filter I could have this problem...I didn't submerge it at all . I wasn't even driving it during the storm..The filter sits in the right side corner just behind the amber side marker..It seems to be enclosed pretty good where water wouldn't get to that area easily..but apparently something did..Maybe alot of moisture in the air which may have soaked the foam enough to cause a problem. I should have stuck with my original idea about the short ram intake and never listen to this sales guy...Hopefully they will work with me and exchange it....
u didnt get the bypass...that should have help...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

two words H R
Old 05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
tightwhip

The insurance adjuster came yesterday to the storage lot to check it out... all he put on the appraisal was replace seats and carpet... wtf? HELLO... the effin motor is locked up! I had it towed out of this storage lot to a Nissan dealership because the apraiser wanted the motor and transmission to be tore apart to see how much water was in it... it was at some jeg leg collision center and the guy kept trying to con me into letting him break it down, promising that it would be "totalled" and that he wouldn't have to work on it. Well, I'm worried it won't be totalled so now I'm waiting on Nissan to tear it down and decide if it's salvagable or not... I'd really like a 2007 =)
Old 05-17-2007, 12:20 PM
PM-Performance

Originally Posted by soleil350z
u didnt get the bypass...that should have help...
they are junk. They break very eaily.
Honestly, you must have went thru the water and stayed there for a bit. Cuz it aint easy to suck up enuff water in your motor to lock it.
I have went thru some pretty deep water with some other cars with AEM CAI's on and never a problem.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Intense350Z

damn that sucks ***..sorry to hear that!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:33 PM
00MaxSE

Ouch, that sucks man. Hope you can dry it out and prevent the mildew.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by tightwhip
The insurance adjuster came yesterday to the storage lot to check it out... all he put on the appraisal was replace seats and carpet... wtf? HELLO... the effin motor is locked up! I had it towed out of this storage lot to a Nissan dealership because the apraiser wanted the motor and transmission to be tore apart to see how much water was in it... it was at some jeg leg collision center and the guy kept trying to con me into letting him break it down, promising that it would be "totalled" and that he wouldn't have to work on it. Well, I'm worried it won't be totalled so now I'm waiting on Nissan to tear it down and decide if it's salvagable or not... I'd really like a 2007 =)
Don't let them salvage the car. It won't be worth anything once CarFax has shown it as flooded/salvaged. 1/2 Low book.... Fight this one. Get a lawyer involved if you need to.

Of course they can drain the water, change all the oils.... But, after a year or two you'll be paying all the bills, most of them electrical.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 05-17-2007 at 09:29 PM.