How buying from my350z vendor changed my Z modification experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:46 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How buying from my350z vendor changed my Z modification experience

How buying from a vendor changed my Z modification experience

I have been on this forum for 5 months now. I first started looking for a Z in January and I had made prior plans on which direction I wanted to mod her and settled on a Nismo kit. Knowing the ridiculously unaffordable (for my college student budget) the authentic kit is, I began searching ebay, eventually googling for vendors online.

That’s when I stumbled upon Drew’s (x350Zx) from RevoMotor post about his replica kits for sale. I quickly signed up to be a member and began PMing him regarding the kit, asking many questions about the fitment and quality of the “FRP” material among other things. Drew was kind enough and showed extreme patience and genuinely wanted to help me even though I didn’t even have a Z yet and I knew very little about the Z altogether.

After I got the Z I immediately ordered a replica Nismo kit shipped to Seattle in which he gave my350z members a great deal on. Drew also gave me his cellphone number and told exactly how each piece was being shipped and when to expect them. I got the fron bumper within 3 days and the sides within 4 days. The rears came in a USPS right after but I was still missing the Nismo wing which Drew said would come soon in a shipment. While waiting I always gets updates from him and every time I need to talk to him on the phone he was available (and yes he gave me his personal cell phone).

After I receive the kit the fitment was more than perfect. It was a beautifully replicated kit and I couldn’t be happier. However, the wing he sent me did not fit correctly. As soon as I called him he immediately apologize and said that he just found out that his source overseas just switched manufacturers on him. He offered to compensate or for me to return it to get another one. Due to a tight timeframe I opted for the compensation and had my shop fixed it and Drew gave me a more than generous one.

After this he became a friend to me as well as someone I can talk to for ideas on bodywork on such. I recently decided to switch to the V2 front and of course I call Drew up on his cell phone. He gave me a great deal on a V2 front and I sent him payment immediate. Just a few hours after I got a text from him saying it was shipped. This was on Wednesday May 30th. Just today I got my V2 front…only 2 days after my order was place and nicely wrapped.

After all the bad posts about vendors on this site I do believe we don’t appreciate our vendors enough. Most of the vendors I have seen and bought from always came through and they always help others on questions whether it’s sales or technicality such as Andy from Performance, THE_TECH, Jeff@Westcovina, Jason@Riverside, StopTech, Rick @ Status, CarbonLTD, Motordyne…and many more that I can't name immediately.

I feel that we should use an opportunity to thank our sponsors/vendors for their dedication to make modding our cars more enjoyable (…and to make our life easier by answering all our questions!)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will have to agree, I recently bought some sides from drew and he met up with me in San Diego to deliver them to me so I wouldnt have to spend money on shipping. Great guy to deal with.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Driven1
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 There are alot of great people on here. I've been seriously modding cars since I could drive and this place is a godsend when it comes to mods. No other forum really comapres to this IMO.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:37 AM
drivenCSZ

customer service is directly correlated to sales. Buying more crap and referrals are the best thanks you could give.

which i think there's alot of people who refer good vendors, whether on this site or other forums or in the real world.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:32 AM
zzz350

website link?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Vinny@VTR

its great to see that alteast once in a while a customer posts up a nice thread about a vendor... seems like 90% its about bashing a vendor to get what they want, granted that some cases may have been justified. in the end there is always more bad mouthing than good props given... so to the OP as a sponsor on the site- THANK YOU.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 AM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by Alex@VTR
in the end there is always more bad mouthing than good props given...

i dont really think that's the case at all...i see alot of posts giving props to vendors when guys get their mods done as well as backing up the vendors when somebody calls foul. you guys are so needy

whenever a decent vendor gets attacked most people stick up for the vendor.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Vinny@VTR

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
i dont really think that's the case at all...i see alot of posts giving props to vendors when guys get their mods done as well as backing up the vendors when somebody calls foul. you guys are so needy

whenever a decent vendor gets attacked most people stick up for the vendor.
i dont kow bout being needy, =) but definitely there are props given, it does seem like the badmouthing has gone down a lot recently...

sorry OP for strayin a lil off topic
Old 06-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Karma_Hunden

Its nice to know that there is still vendors out there that are worth our trust and business.

However, I was hoping for a good story, some fraud, fights, shootings, naked girls...but this is just a happy letter. gross.