2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying 2003, 2004 350z for son

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 PM
VQZ33_Jake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ken, if it makes you feel any better im 19 and own a z (payed for myslef if anybody was wondering)...before that i owned a 99' turbo'd b18c5 civic that was pushing more horse than the z and i was accident free...it all depends on the drivers driving and how responisble he/she is, IMO anyway.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 PM
inspecality

How is anyone under 20 able to buy a Z? I'm 18 working part time during the summer and I only make around $600 a month. Sure, I could go in debt and get one, but then the car owns me because I have to work all the time just to make payments. The only thing my parents gave is a 205k miles 1997 Toyota Camry, and it only makes me want to work harder so I can make big money after I graduate college.

A person getting everything without working hard for it ends up thinking they deserve the world.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Skidfive805

Default .

Originally Posted by inspecality
How is anyone under 20 able to buy a Z? I'm 18 working part time during the summer and I only make around $600 a month. Sure, I could go in debt and get one, but then the car owns me because I have to work all the time just to make payments. The only thing my parents gave is a 205k miles 1997 Toyota Camry, and it only makes me want to work harder so I can make big money after I graduate college.

A person getting everything without working hard for it ends up thinking they deserve the world.

work full time.

at a place other then McDonalds

1200-2000 $ a month average depending on hourly pay

there you go.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
inspecality

Originally Posted by Skidfive805
work full time.

there you go.
I could work full time only during the summer, at $8.50 that's $1200 a month, but doesn't anyway 18-20 with a Z go to college?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by Skidfive805
work full time.

there you go.
you forgot live at home and mooch off parents.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Teufel
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Funny you mention everybody but you...maybe you should sell your Z so you can move out of your parents basement and get your own life so you can quit paying so much attention to all your relatives'. He was asking a question, not everyone's life is as sad as yours so don't make comments that offer no insight into the post.
I graduated from W.P. Carey School of Business at 22, paid cash for my Z and own my house. Moved out at 18 into the dorms. Sorry to disappoint .

Business School was paid by government grants, student loans and scholarships. Ohhh and I worked 25-40 hours per week throughout school. Have any more clever observations?

Last edited by Teufel; 07-10-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Conceyted

apparently this has become a post to brag about how much money you have made and how young you are.

So without further ado, I am 12 and I made 9.8 billion dollars last year cutting grass.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 PM
VQZ33_Jake

Originally Posted by inspecality
I could work full time only during the summer, at $8.50 that's $1200 a month, but doesn't anyway 18-20 with a Z go to college?
i got my real estate license when i was a senior in high school and i used to work at a bank...im going to be attending a community college in the spring next year...i will admit though my insurance is under my dads name, but i still pay it.

it did how ever take forever to save up for a Z...i put 75% of my checks in savings for almost two years and i sold my other car...

sorry guys, i was off topic!

Jake
Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought* my Z when I turned 18 with my* I might pay for the car, gas and insurance by myself*, but that's the vast majority of my income. If I didn't live with mommy and daddy I would be driving a scooter, living in a box and eating dog food everyday. own down payment and I pay my payments and insurance. I'm 20 now and I think the Z is a great car for young guys like us. Anyone who says otherwise is either jealous of all the younger guys on here or spends to much time on this damn forum in the first place and should get off their *** and get a real job so they can by something or their son or daughter, or sadly themselves...
* I might pay for the car, gas and insurance by myself, but that's the vast majority of my income. If I didn't live with mommy and daddy I would be driving a scooter, living in a box and eating dog food everyday.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Teufel
Banned

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
* I might pay for the car, gas and insurance by myself, but that's the vast majority of my income. If I didn't live with mommy and daddy I would be driving a scooter, living in a box and eating dog food everyday.
Speaking of clever observations FTW

Last edited by Teufel; 07-10-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:28 AM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Well, Im 19 go to college full time work full time durring the summer and almost all year, bought my car with a 2k from my parents and a 10k down payment I saved up working at a resturaunt making really good tips averaging 500 a week plus minumum wage.I pay rent, Insurance, Car payments and all expenses for my Z. I actually bought the car myself when I was 18. So yes, it may be rare but their are the people that like to work for what they want even at a young age.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Teufel
Banned

nvm
Old 07-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Teufel
Banned

Originally Posted by OCTrackZ
Well, Im 19 go to college full time work full time durring the summer and almost all year, bought my car with a 2k from my parents and a 10k down payment I saved up working at a resturaunt making really good tips averaging 500 a week plus minumum wage.I pay rent, Insurance, Car payments and all expenses for my Z. I actually bought the car myself when I was 18. So yes, it may be rare but their are the people that like to work for what they want even at a young age.
Hraesvelg said:
"I might pay for the car, gas and insurance by myself, but that's the vast majority of my income. If I didn't live with mommy and daddy I would be driving a scooter, living in a box and eating dog food everyday."

I drove a broken down buick in college as my living and college expenses far exceeded the money I could make working ALL THE TIME! Where the hell was I going to find the money for some fancy car?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Zulu-6

I rocked a 84 chevy caprice classic two-door when I was in HS some 10+ yrs ago. Made $4.25 an hour working at K-mart, straight ballin yo.

My Z is the first "new" car I've ever bought.

kids these days.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
wrong f*** stick, im a project engineer for a large construction company. I take home $600 a week, have a beautiful girl friend, and am finishing school at night. I have an apartment, and still have enough to eat regular food dumbass. I pay 3 for the car and 3 for insurance. I wish you would state how old you were so everyone on here could see what an f***** idiot you are. It's sad to see there are so many tools out there who just cringe at the thought of seeing younger men doing well for themselves. That is one thing I HATE about the Z is that it draws so much negative attention to us that are young. The whole point I was trying to make was that this post is about a man trying to buy his son a nice car which I hope to be able to do too someday, this post was not about all the middle aged f*** ups that are realizing the world has passed them by.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
VQZ33_Jake

wrong f*** stick, im a project engineer for a large construction company. I take home $600 a week, have a beautiful girl friend, and am finishing school at night. I have an apartment, and still have enough to eat regular food dumbass. I pay 3 for the car and 3 for insurance. I wish you would state how old you were so everyone on here could see what an f***** idiot you are. It's sad to see there are so many tools out there who just cringe at the thought of seeing younger men doing well for themselves. That is one thing I HATE about the Z is that it draws so much negative attention to us that are young. The whole point I was trying to make was that this post is about a man trying to buy his son a nice car which I hope to be able to do too someday, this post was not about all the middle aged f*** ups that are realizing the world has passed them by.
i second that...just becuase i drive a nice car other kids or people think my dad baught it for me...last week a guy asked me if i got the z for a graduation present for completing high school!!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Teufel
Banned

Last edited by Teufel; 07-11-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Teufel
Banned

I'm 25 FTW
Ruthless18x

Look bro, if you're not a spoiled little rich kid. Why are you getting mad? We're not making fun of 30K a year millionaires.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:41 PM
dfdub

This thread has invariably lost its intended direction, however I was just curious to know how the OP and his son are doing? What car did you decide on?