Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why are all the cars on here looking the same?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:24 AM
drivenCSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZESUS-C
Your right. But whats going to happen is that everybody will eventually end up running the same FI, the same wheels, and the same kits.... you see that already all over! Wheres the individualism?

there's a reason alot of people have the same stuff....because its the stuff that looks good.

who wants to slap on a retarded looking kit and fugly wheels just for the sake of originality when chances are(except in Socal) you will never see somebody else with the same exact setup in your area.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:40 AM
zprincess

There is a lot of truth in all the above replies. I wonder though how many of us do what we do because of peer pressure to belong to the group or be accepted by the group.

My car is in the shop being modded right now. It will look unique when complete. No other Z will look like it. I believe in putting the money in the big stuff that makes a difference and makes my car unique. I don't want to follow the crowd.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:55 AM
CAYENNE2005

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
there's a reason alot of people have the same stuff....because its the stuff that looks good.

who wants to slap on a retarded looking kit and fugly wheels just for the sake of originality when chances are(except in Socal) you will never see somebody else with the same exact setup in your area.
Yes, this is true if these everyone have the exact same opinion in what they like. Who agree with what looks good. You can have a plain stock Z that looks good or a unique widebody kit that looks good. It really depends on what the owner is looking for. If a car is built for performance, it is less modified on the exterior and to me is still beautiful. I love all the Z's on this site. There are some that are striclty for show that can be called rice (if someone has come up with the true definition) and there are some that have mild kits with performance mods or even plain Jane stock and they all look good. If anyone out their buys mods just because everyone says what to buy and what not to buy then how could they be truly happy with what they have. They are driving everyone elses Z. People should be themselves and not do the same as everyone just to fit in. There are huge amounts of different opinions between Z lovers and what makes the car cool or not. I bought mine knowing I was going to make it show only. This is why I went extreme with it. I love showing cars and I know what a show car consists of. And it isn't to look exactly like the one next to you but a different color. As I mentioned before, our other Z is much more mild and we love that one just as much. It depends on what the owners like and that's what should matter.
Our other Z:
Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Elohite
Because for every modified car you see on here there are 100 on the street that are stock
soo true, besides these are the members that post a lot of pics, many like myself can't afford expensive rims and such are have stock looking cars... for now.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:37 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In some instances it's a case of monkey see monkey do, but overall I think we all have similar tastes in what looks good and what doesn't. Hell we all bought the same car right?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:39 AM
blasian

Luckily I live in Louisiana and there aren't many modified Z's compared to other larger/richer states.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just thinking.....the more I look around this forum, the more I realize that everybodies cars are looking more and more alike. From wheel choices to kits. Is the only acceptable thing JDMish style? Is there anything shockingly new as far as exterior/looks go?

Just putting it out there, please chime in.
what would you like to see? a bunch of lime green bewinged and blackwidow 2 kitted Z's with blue lights and 17 inch konig wheels

look at any other make/model of car... same thing: limited number of kit designs, as well as a good number of them being priced out of reach for most and a nice selection of horrendously ugly ones as well.

we have

Nismo 1, 2
Amuse
C West 1, 2
Do Luck
wald
veilside 1, 2, 3
varis
Vertex
a bunch of ugly ones

then you have guys that mold or don't mold, custom paint, two tone paint, CF, etc.

it just so happens that manufacturers held group buys for some of the kits (Nismo V2 comes to mind) and it is so awesome looking (best kit ever) that no one can deny that and a bunch of people buy them.

it terms of rim choice... again, LOTS of manufacturers but only a handful of good looking wheels. and within that you have ten or so wheel colors, lips, no lips from gold, silver, dark silver, bronze, black, black with lip, silver with lip, gold with lip, offsets...

Work - vs-xx, emotion 1, 2, 3, S1,
Volk - te37, ce28, progressive ME, gts, gtc, re30, gt7
SSR - professor, etc
Advan - T6, T7, RGII, RS, SA3
a bunch of other ugly rims

so I don't agree at all with what you are saying
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Because we want to be fast and furious.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:53 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Swat came and disrespected my family!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:57 AM
abyss

ugh those Venom kits are tacky...how can they actually appeal to you? As for 'everyones car being the same' When very few kits actually look good and keep the Z's lines, your not gonna see many different.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Motormouth
Banned

wait wait wait... someone actually said they liked the Venom body kit/???

BAN!!!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:11 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Default Most Beautiful Kit I have seen

Originally Posted by MickeyZ
There is only one kit that I have seen, that actually makes me all warm and puzzy right around my belt area... it's here...

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyli....php?pnum=4312

....I'd give my right arm for that kit!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by trodis
....I'd give my right arm for that kit!
lol, good one!!

(notes heavy sarcasm in your post)
Old 06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Myfirst06350Z
Banned

I look at it like there is better things to spend money on. Like suspension, and wheels. And to tell you the truth I like the stock lines and if I could afford it I would love to get an ING's body kit. But to spend 4k on parts and paint and have to worry about getting hit or scratched is not worth it. IDK I have always been more of a canyon guy and I am even complaining about the size of my 19's I have now and can't wait to get my new wheels. I haven't seen any Z's here on the board yet with the FN01rc's yet. But who knows.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:01 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
Well everybody and their best friend has GTS wheels on this board but locally I can only count 3 maybe 4 including myself. So I don't care if it's "played out" on this board.
Everything is bigger in TX so the land is spread out and theres more ppl that buys Zs, I can't even find 1 Z here that has the GT-S

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
That widebody Z is mine and it has been called transformers many times. The title of this thread grabbed my attention because it seems to be true. If someone asks which mod to get, everyone says the same thing, pretty much. I like to be different and that is why I do what I do to my Z. I have said on here before, we have another Z (PPW) that is much tamer but it is a DD. Mine is trailer only/show car. Btw, I changed the color of the car. Now I love it even more.

I'm usually not into widebodies because the stock Z lines are so hot but damn that's an incredible Z! great work!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:17 AM
ZBigDog

I honestly don't like the look of most kits period, or much exterior change at all for that matter.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:19 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
That widebody Z is mine and it has been called transformers many times. The title of this thread grabbed my attention because it seems to be true. If someone asks which mod to get, everyone says the same thing, pretty much. I like to be different and that is why I do what I do to my Z. I have said on here before, we have another Z (PPW) that is much tamer but it is a DD. Mine is trailer only/show car. Btw, I changed the color of the car. Now I love it even more.

a show car with stock brakes? lol
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
VenomZ

I was just thinking.....the more I look around this forum, the more I realize that everybodies cars are looking more and more alike. From wheel choices to kits. Is the only acceptable thing JDMish style? Is there anything shockingly new as far as exterior/looks go?

Just putting it out there, please chime in.
now you see why all the cars here look identical...you must have volks / iforged / works and a jp / nismo / cwest / top secret kit to be in "the popular group"

otherwise you sit at the loser table...here's my unpopluar car:
Attached Thumbnails Why are all the cars on here looking the same?-photo6.jpg  
Old 06-22-2007, 09:32 AM
spf4000

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
a show car with stock brakes? lol
True. But then again, I don't get the show cars with massive brakes, huge turbos and whatnot when they'll never see a day of track time, so I suppose if you're going for all looks, who cares about the performance stuff?

Quick Reply: Why are all the cars on here looking the same?