Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why are all the cars on here looking the same?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:33 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Q. Why are all the cars on here looking the same?
A. Because they all are the same, you know, the 350Z.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spf4000
True. But then again, I don't get the show cars with massive brakes, huge turbos and whatnot when they'll never see a day of track time, so I suppose if you're going for all looks, who cares about the performance stuff?

lol.....umm....the brakes are visual.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 AM
spf4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
lol.....umm....the brakes are visual.
Yes, I realize that.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 AM
nomyth46

i think that it just happens.....like for me all the rims i had picked out for my Z it end up that everybody started either sportin them or it was already popular thats why i still am rollin on factory rims and just started working on the engine
Old 06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
That widebody Z is mine and it has been called transformers many times. The title of this thread grabbed my attention because it seems to be true. If someone asks which mod to get, everyone says the same thing, pretty much. I like to be different and that is why I do what I do to my Z. I have said on here before, we have another Z (PPW) that is much tamer but it is a DD. Mine is trailer only/show car. Btw, I changed the color of the car. Now I love it even more.

Thats over the top, looks fkcing dope. Whats the interior like?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VenomZ
now you see why all the cars here look identical...you must have volks / iforged / works and a jp / nismo / cwest / top secret kit to be in "the popular group"

otherwise you sit at the loser table...here's my unpopluar car:
is that an RX8?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 AM
abyss

now you see why all the cars here look identical...you must have volks / iforged / works and a jp / nismo / cwest / top secret kit to be in "the popular group"

otherwise you sit at the loser table...here's my unpopluar car:
Please tell me thats not LED's in the hood.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 AM
ravensaxe

It's because everyone if a nismo and volk *****, that's all they car about.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 AM
sumfknguy

haters
Old 06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by zprincess
There is a lot of truth in all the above replies. I wonder though how many of us do what we do because of peer pressure to belong to the group or be accepted by the group.

My car is in the shop being modded right now. It will look unique when complete. No other Z will look like it. I believe in putting the money in the big stuff that makes a difference and makes my car unique. I don't want to follow the crowd.

+10
Old 06-22-2007, 11:46 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

"You must have the Prerequiste my350Z.com mods to be considered one with the non-ricer crowd. Anything less is uncivilized." I have 20" chrome and custom paint and I love it!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 PM
CAYENNE2005

I just got the car out of the shop this past Monday. This is why the stock brakes are still there. they haven't been installed yet. But thanks for noticing. It is going into the interior shop Monday or Tuesday getting completely redone. (leather suede headliner, doors, monitors in the doors, customs seats, etc.) Then it goes to the stereo shop for custom install, including fiberglass matching sub boxes, then the turbo goes in. After all this, it goes back to the body shop more coats of clear and final touches in case someone bumps into it during an installs. And yes, BBK is a must for a show car mainly for visual. I would never dream of showing it now with stock calipers screaming out of the wheels. haha! Turbo is a must for show because I don't care to be called "all show, no go". Either way, she should be ready for Zcon in daytona and Nopi Nationals. Thanks to those that complimented her! She's a fun project.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Eliane

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
That widebody Z is mine and it has been called transformers many times. The title of this thread grabbed my attention because it seems to be true. If someone asks which mod to get, everyone says the same thing, pretty much. I like to be different and that is why I do what I do to my Z. I have said on here before, we have another Z (PPW) that is much tamer but it is a DD. Mine is trailer only/show car. Btw, I changed the color of the car. Now I love it even more.

Very nice car! Actually too nice to be on a trailer all the time. You have to drive it too!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Moroccan_Mole

my opinion of why more cars look the same, is that there are only a handful of replica body kits available. the vast majority are limiting thier choices to the same knock-offs that are available; nismo, amuse, ings, vertex.

it seems that a very few minority of my350z members are willing to purchase authentic body kits
Old 06-22-2007, 02:32 PM
emeraldmtns

I like to modify some things but not too crazy!!
Attached Thumbnails Why are all the cars on here looking the same?-hpim0250.jpg  
Old 06-22-2007, 02:38 PM
emeraldmtns

Heres the front view
Attached Thumbnails Why are all the cars on here looking the same?-hpim0243.jpg  
Old 06-22-2007, 02:41 PM
emeraldmtns

And another view lol
Attached Thumbnails Why are all the cars on here looking the same?-hpim0247.jpg  
Old 06-22-2007, 02:56 PM
drivenCSZ

otherwise you sit at the loser table...

not true at all...im bone stock so i guess i sit at the loser table?

besides, the Z is a classy looking car stock with nice flowing lines. It shouldnt have rediculous unfunctional parts on it. The peices should flow with the car and highlight the lines IMO.

If you want to make a rediculous looking show car, you're welcome to do that but dont complain when people say they don't like it. Perhaps theyre telling the truth. I couldnt give 2 ***** about somebody elses opinion, about my opinion of a bodykit.

Last edited by drivenCSZ; 06-22-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by emeraldmtns
Heres the front view
and see, to me, stock looks better.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by ZESUS-C
I was just thinking.....the more I look around this forum, the more I realize that everybodies cars are looking more and more alike. From wheel choices to kits. Is the only acceptable thing JDMish style? Is there anything shockingly new as far as exterior/looks go?

Just putting it out there, please chime in.
I got 2 guys at my work who have/had 350Z's. One, had a Billet grill and a bra - the rest was stock. The other has 17" non-staggered aftermarket chromies and a bra. There's lots of modified Z's out there that would definately NOT be considered as "JDMish". Just because people posting pictures of thier cars here have similar tastes, doesn't mean all Z's look alike. If you really want to shake things up, you can take it back to 1995 - just get some reverse triple gold Daytons and hydraulics. The choice is yours ;p

Quick Reply: Why are all the cars on here looking the same?