Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why are all the cars on here looking the same?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
VENOMSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Triple Gold D's!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:16 PM
s15driftking

wow, that car has 2 things....

1. porsche envy
2. cheap wheels
Old 09-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by MickeyZ
There is only one kit that I have seen, that actually makes me all warm and puzzy right around my belt area... it's here...

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyli....php?pnum=4312
There is a car with that kit in the local Bay Classified Ad Issue 37 (page 52)that just came out. It an '03 silver Z for $16888 with 32K on the car. To me it looks like S#!t. If your gonna do that kit is needs to me molded in with really wide tires like the poster above.

They also have a 04 with 16K an under warantee for $22.900 Daytona Blue with $7000 worth of mods on it.

The '04 has a nice spoiler/body kit on it too. I think it's the V2.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 09-13-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM
imprtlvr

Originally Posted by abyss
ugh those Venom kits are tacky...how can they actually appeal to you? As for 'everyones car being the same' When very few kits actually look good and keep the Z's lines, your not gonna see many different.
How the **** can you say that ride looks tacky? I guess to each his own and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but TACKY, Come the **** on man!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM
jones21

There is only one kit that I have seen, that actually makes me all warm and puzzy right around my belt area... it's here...

Jesus you should have warned me before i clicked on that.. That thing almost made me have a love explosion in my pants thats the best kit i have EVER seen
Old 09-13-2007, 06:23 PM
imprtlvr

Zesus, now, after you read through all of these replies, you can see why so many of them look the same, as VenomZ said, you have to sit at the loser table. There are original kits out there, people are just afraid to go after them because of what "everyone" esle will think. Personally, it's my car, it's going to look how I want it to look and could give 2 ****s about what "everyone" else thinks about it, whether it's cool or not!

Jones21, that blue car above is the SAME car, the kit was molded and the car was resprayed...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:31 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
That widebody Z is mine and it has been called transformers many times. The title of this thread grabbed my attention because it seems to be true. If someone asks which mod to get, everyone says the same thing, pretty much. I like to be different and that is why I do what I do to my Z. I have said on here before, we have another Z (PPW) that is much tamer but it is a DD. Mine is trailer only/show car. Btw, I changed the color of the car. Now I love it even more.

Your car is teh buttsechs...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Elohite
What do you mean originality. There is only so many kits to choose from, even less of a selection that many would perceive as a nice looking kit.

Wheels are also the same, the best wheels are going to be sported a lot because they are, the best in looks, weight, and safety.

A lot of people try to sway from everyone else when I look at it. Nobody wants their car to look like everyone elses.
+1 i guess he wants us to fab **** up ourselves. personally, i like to rock the stock with some minor enhancements, like lip kits instead of full replacements.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
zMOSESz

Number one that makes a car is the owner imo. Of course you are going to see many Z's running the same body kit, wheels, etc. Thats going to be the same with any car. Its the little things that make the car unique and different.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:49 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude...that kit looks like a transformer gone evil
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
VENOMSZ

Originally Posted by s15driftking

1. porsche envy
2. cheap wheels
Old 09-13-2007, 07:34 PM
OGREFIED

that has to b the most ugliest kit i have ever seen in my life.......
Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by ZESUS-C
I was just thinking.....the more I look around this forum, the more I realize that everybodies cars are looking more and more alike. From wheel choices to kits. Is the only acceptable thing JDMish style? Is there anything shockingly new as far as exterior/looks go?

Just putting it out there, please chime in.

Very few kits look clean, most of them look like they were taken from the Fast & Furious Movies... If that's what your into that's cool, but I think most people are more into the sporty clean look on this forum...

Probably the most used part on this forum is the Nismo Bumper...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Terror

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Very few kits look clean, most of them look like they were taken from the Fast & Furious Movies... If that's what your into that's cool, but I think most people are more into the sporty clean look on this forum...

Probably the most used part on this forum is the Nismo Bumper...

I agree alot of the kits i see don't flow with the car well. I think the Z is real sleak and smooth flowing but it seems like alot of the kits clash with the z because they have too many jagged edges,too much going on,Too many weird holes and gaps that makes it look like its some kind of crazy boat or weird plane. Personally i like the stock bumpers and the way it looks like that. Throw some wheels on it and some painted headlights, and i am good. Thats what i like and i think it looks better than all the crazy bumpers and ridic. wings. Thats me though, im also the same person who watched 10 mins of fast and furious and wanted to throw up and devoted myself to never be like those lame-o douche bags with their ****ty cars.

Maybe also because i came from the camaro world and most of those guys didn't throw body kits and euro lights and stuff on our cars.

Its all about what you like. I think some people have this mindset that if it isn't outrageous and loud and crazy they don't want it because they want people to stare at their car. Thats what i like about this forum because most everyone on here has good taste, i may not agree with what some think looks good but for the most part i see some good looking cars.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you've just provided a great way for me to throw up....
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Fairly Z

I did a Veilside V2 spoiler that I had revamped so it doesn't look like the other ones. I have to be unique, no matter what.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Jorge Cabrone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobS
ITs the same with everything, most people around the same age and culture dress alike b/c its "the style". Most have the same haircuts, like the same sports teams etc. I think what makes each car stand out is the combination of mods someone does. You can throw a bunch of mods on your car and spend tons of money and it will look like crap or real ricey. Sometimes less is more in my book.

Well said, many Z's try way to hard and end up looking really rice. I prefer simple and clean, nice drop, rims and a front lip. That's it for me and I get tons of compliments on how nice the car looks. There's way to many crazy body kits out there. Its often to see Zs on the road but not often you see a nice one!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by ZESUS-C
Your right. But whats going to happen is that everybody will eventually end up running the same FI, the same wheels, and the same kits.... you see that already all over! Wheres the individualism?
wow, you're dumb!

if you're on these boards then you know that certain products are better. therefore, those products are swayed towards. why would i get a FI that multiple people have had problems with? why would i get a body kit if i know it fits like ****? how many people do you think own Z's? how many different body kits or rims do you think are out there?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by s15driftking

1. porsche envy
2. cheap wheels

LOL!! YOU should be the one to talk. Look at this guys thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270677

s15driftking... go hang yourself
Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Terror

Originally Posted by jadaniya
LOL!! YOU should be the one to talk. Look at this guys thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270677

s15driftking... go hang yourself

HAHAHAHA OMG! he has to be gay!!!

Quick Reply: Why are all the cars on here looking the same?