Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why are all the cars on here looking the same?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
ZESUS-C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are all the cars on here looking the same?

I was just thinking.....the more I look around this forum, the more I realize that everybodies cars are looking more and more alike. From wheel choices to kits. Is the only acceptable thing JDMish style? Is there anything shockingly new as far as exterior/looks go?

Just putting it out there, please chime in.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Elohite

Because for every modified car you see on here there are 100 on the street that are stock
Old 06-21-2007, 11:56 PM
ZESUS-C

Originally Posted by Elohite
Because for every modified car you see on here there are 100 on the street that are stock
Very true. But im trying to figure out why there is no originality in exterior mods on this forum, not in the general public.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:56 PM
MickeyZ

There is only one kit that I have seen, that actually makes me all warm and puzzy right around my belt area... it's here...

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyli....php?pnum=4312
Old 06-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Elohite

Originally Posted by ZESUS-C
Very true. But im trying to figure out why there is no originality in exterior mods on this forum, not in the general public.
What do you mean originality. There is only so many kits to choose from, even less of a selection that many would perceive as a nice looking kit.

Wheels are also the same, the best wheels are going to be sported a lot because they are, the best in looks, weight, and safety.

A lot of people try to sway from everyone else when I look at it. Nobody wants their car to look like everyone elses.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:03 AM
ZESUS-C

Maybe its that all the popular body kits fit the Z so well? I mean its almost like when I see a stock Z now I expect it to at least have a Nismo kit on it!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Elohite

Originally Posted by ZESUS-C
Maybe its that all the popular body kits fit the Z so well? I mean its almost like when I see a stock Z now I expect it to at least have a Nismo kit on it!
I dunno. I am from the Bay Area in Cali and I see a lot of stock Z's that I dont even pay attention to.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
ZESUS-C

Your right. But whats going to happen is that everybody will eventually end up running the same FI, the same wheels, and the same kits.... you see that already all over! Wheres the individualism?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Elohite

Same thing, theres such a limited amount of FI kits available, what can you expect, and a even smaller portion of people who go FI.

I see individualism in the driver as how they mod and act as people having to do with the way the car turns out. I have seen a lot of cars done right and a lot of them done horribly wrong.

Last edited by Elohite; 06-22-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Tubbs

And what do you suggest, eh?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:16 AM
InZpire

Because my350z Z owners have good taste.

I'm not kidding. We're the devoted Z owners swaying new owners to stay away from billet grilles, 22 inch wheels and all that "Tokyo Drift" stuff.

It's not that JDM is the only acceptable way, but generally it's the best way route to go for a japanese car.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:19 AM
groove269

Originally Posted by MickeyZ
There is only one kit that I have seen, that actually makes me all warm and puzzy right around my belt area... it's here...

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyli....php?pnum=4312
That pic looks like the decepticon is ready to morph!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well everybody and their best friend has GTS wheels on this board but locally I can only count 3 maybe 4 including myself. So I don't care if it's "played out" on this board.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 AM
dozzer1b

that widebody kit up above looks like what the Z would look like if it were in transformers!!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:32 AM
VENOMSZ

Because we don't "rice" out the Z's.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:52 AM
CAYENNE2005

That widebody Z is mine and it has been called transformers many times. The title of this thread grabbed my attention because it seems to be true. If someone asks which mod to get, everyone says the same thing, pretty much. I like to be different and that is why I do what I do to my Z. I have said on here before, we have another Z (PPW) that is much tamer but it is a DD. Mine is trailer only/show car. Btw, I changed the color of the car. Now I love it even more.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:57 AM
KManZ
Banned

Like many of you, I frequent another auto forum (preludepower.com), and I have noticed the same thing: a majority of the owners there all sport the OEM lip kit and JDM foglights, and if they are able to afford it, HID retro-fits. But, as soon as someone else sports another kit or unique style, the members are quick to point out the styling discrepancies, like "I like the side skirts, but the front lip is waaayyyy too riced out"; and then they suggest going with the OEM lip to even things out!

Its interesting, because everyone wants to be unique, but at the same time compare what they have to others, and anything else is sub par. I think its in our nature to follow the crowd... not to mention, these forums are where the "authorities" on anything Z reside, so what they say is pretty much the word. Its not a bad thing at all... for example, its like talking with your favorite body builder, and if he says "argh, this supplement here is what I take, and look at me!", you would be inclined to heed his words just for the sake that he is stacked, and you are not haha Or, its like in high school, where everyone had to wear the latest style, or you'd be the odd person out until you conformed.

Now, I bet that if you found someone who didn't post on the boards, they would be more apt to display their own taste because they haven't felt the peer pressure from all of you bullies on here! Its also a matter of policing our own image; we as a community do not want members portraying us as having bad taste in style... I mean, what would the competition think!

Last edited by KManZ; 06-22-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 AM
bobS

ITs the same with everything, most people around the same age and culture dress alike b/c its "the style". Most have the same haircuts, like the same sports teams etc. I think what makes each car stand out is the combination of mods someone does. You can throw a bunch of mods on your car and spend tons of money and it will look like crap or real ricey. Sometimes less is more in my book.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 AM
omernazeer84

Sure many peoples Zs look the same, but everyone is keen on being a Little differernt....Beauty lies in subtle differnces.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:16 AM
enth05

I think a lot of our Z's look the same merely because the Z has a nice look stock. Dont fix it if it aint broke and saving my money to upgrade the stuff that matters performance-wise.

Last edited by enth05; 06-22-2007 at 03:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Why are all the cars on here looking the same?