Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does anybody else...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:40 AM
zerosktz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody else...?

Does anybody else think that the Z can sometimes draw attention... but sometimes in a negative way? Like I've had some weird moments at the red light with my Z. The other day I was at a red light and these 2 young guys in a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo and a black Maserati pull up next to me and start revving at me like to race and I was thinking to myself "Uh... Not gonna happen." and sure enough when the light turns green they pull out like crazy and I'm thinking "...Great. I'm never driving through this neighborhood again." And its not just the young people, old people have dissed my Z in the same way too! One was like a 90 year old guy in a Porsche and an old lady in an RX-7. But I thought those were kinda funny.

Don't you just hate it that happens? When you have these weird awkward car moments? Another weird red light moment that happened to me recently was when this soccer mom in a mini-van with her kids pulled up next to me, and started to like interrogate me: "Is that car yours?" "Do you pay for it" and I'm just like "uh, Yeah?" then she asked me how old I am so I told her I was 21, then she asked me if I was done with high school and I told her I was in College. So all this time I'm thinking "Jesus is this lady trying to pick me up in front of her kids or something?" but then she turned to her son and told him "See? If you stop going to juvie and go back to school and get a job. Look what you can do." then she turned around and asked me "Right?" and I was just like "uh... sure Lady." And I put my windows up.

Another one that happens all the time is whenever I meet new people and they find out I drive a Z they always ask me "You must pick up a lot of girls in this thing" and I'm always saying "Not really..." It just seems like everyone thinks I'm a player or something because of it. I have this one friend in particular who's always telling me my Z is "wasted" on me, because if it was his he'd be picking up mad "hoes". It gets annoying. Anyways I just had to vent, what are your awkward Z moments?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:15 AM
neeferea

Unhappy

Don’t want to sound like an ***, but maybe your friend is right….
Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-22-2007, 10:44 AM
blackstealthz

Yea these things happen with the Z what can you do just ignore it.I had people say the same thing about the car being a girl magnet and i always say i didnt buy it for the girls.Im a big fan of the Z car and heritage and they just look like
Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 AM
NSN350Z

your in miami and this kind of stuff happens? maybe in 03 or something when they first came out. Nothing that weird has happened to me. I mean sure cars have tried to race and what not, but IDK... I guess just ignore it?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Tubbs

Old 06-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by zerosktz
Does anybody else think that the Z can sometimes draw attention... but sometimes in a negative way? Like I've had some weird moments at the red light with my Z. The other day I was at a red light and these 2 young guys in a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo and a black Maserati pull up next to me and start revving at me like to race and I was thinking to myself "Uh... Not gonna happen." and sure enough when the light turns green they pull out like crazy and I'm thinking "...Great. I'm never driving through this neighborhood again." And its not just the young people, old people have dissed my Z in the same way too! One was like a 90 year old guy in a Porsche and an old lady in an RX-7. But I thought those were kinda funny.
Sweet! That sounds like they had respect for ya! And even if they didn't, it'd be fun to go against them.

I have this one friend in particular who's always telling me my Z is "wasted" on me, because if it was his he'd be picking up mad "hoes". It gets annoying. Anyways I just had to vent, what are your awkward Z moments?

He might be right.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

that is some funny stuff.

If you're single and not picking up chicks in your Z, you should.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:59 AM
PM-Performance

I have not had a single experience with this thing yet. Just people pulling up to tell me I have a hot car and hear people Im passing saying hottt car and staring.
No one wants to race. Kind of depressing.i would like to see how this thing fairs against something one day
Old 06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
blkG3hirty5ive

i need to go to miami, sound wild. I had the brothers in a daytona charger ask me if i wanted to run one night, but no lambos and maseratis. I did mess around with a SLR mclaren once in my old car just to see what it could do.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:31 PM
NGZ

Go with the flow.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Hella

what are your awkward Z moments?
this thread.