Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new here and thinking about buying

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:43 AM
pookZprincess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new here and thinking about buying

well Im starting to save up my money now, and i would say in about a year or a year in a half i will have a nice downpayment.. on an 04 or 05.. maybe latest year, i dont know..

question is.. how much do you guys pay on gas per month, and is the cost for maintance decent??

ive been in love with these cars for a year now and i REALLY want one! hopefully soon Ill be able to be cool like u all and post up my OWN PIcs of my own very Z lol
Old 06-22-2007, 09:02 AM
IcW@TeR

well thats some ridiculus questions ya got there
Old 06-22-2007, 09:02 AM
davidf

Your fuel bill will depend on how much you drive per day/week/month. My average mpg is 18 city w/normal driving and 26/27 hwy. But you must consider also this also. The car requires super uleaded so depending on cost in your town.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:05 AM
davidf

I forgot to mention maintanance is no more than any other nissan. You should be ok.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:15 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pookZprincess
hopefully soon Ill be able to be cool like u all
You are going to be as cool as street racer davidv? It will never happen.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Grammar Police

Exclamation

[Sentences begin with capital letters. Paragraphs begin with new sentences.]well [Well is entirely unnecessary. If you insist, it needs a comma.]Im [I am: I'm. Needs an apostrophe.]starting to save up my money now, [Sentences end with periods, not commas. This sentence ends here.] and [Capitalize "I."]i would say in about a year [Comma.]or a year in a half [Comma. Capitalize I.]i will have a nice downpayment.. [Down payment. This is not the end of the sentence on an 04 or 05.. maybe latest year, [Comma splice. Capitalize I.]i dont [Do not: don't.]know.. [Only one period is required. Fragment, consider revision.]

[The]question is.. [Comma.] how much do you guys ["You guys" is not preferred usage.] pay on [You do not pay "on" gas, you pay "for" gas. gas per month, Comma splice.]and is the cost for maintance [Maintenance.]decent?? [Only one question mark is required. Decent does not convey your message.]

ive [I gets a capital. I have: I've.]been in love with these cars for a year now [Now is unnecessary. Probably needs a comma.]and i [Capitalize.] REALLY want one! hopefully soon [Order?]Ill [I will: I'll. You got the capital, though. Kudos.] be able to be cool like u all ["You" not "u". "All of you" is preferable to "you all."]and [Be able to.]post up my OWN PIcs [a. No need to emphasize "own"; b. "Pics" need not be capitalized. of my own very Z [Order. "Very own" not "own very." The rest of this is unnecessary.]lol
Consider the following revision:

I have started to save money for a Z. In about a year, I will have saved enough for a down payment. I will probably be able to afford a 2004 or 2005, but I may be able to afford a new model. I am not positive.

In order to determine whether I have saved enough money, I would like to know: a) the monthly cost of fuel; and b) the overall cost of maintenance.

I have loved these cars for a year, and I really want one. I hope to purchase one soon so that I can post pictures of it and be as cool as all of you.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
03BrickyardZ

Be warned, tires will be around $900 for a set of four.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maintenance is virtually nil- I can drive the car and not really worry about anything.

I see you are in Cali. I am too!

Are you hawt?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:28 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Grammar Police

I have started to save money for a Z. In about a year, I will have saved enough for a down payment. I will probably be able to afford a 2004 or 2005, but I may be able to afford a new model. I am not positive.

In order to determine whether I have saved enough money, I would like to know: a) the monthly cost of fuel; and b) the overall cost of maintenance.

I have loved these cars for a year, and I really want one. I hope to purchase one soon so that I can post pictures of it and be as cool as all of you.

You can tires for less than $900, look on tire rack for 18s, i'll cost about $800. As for fuel, I get about 21-24 mpg average.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:31 AM
NSN350Z

lmao at the red font color.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:15 PM
TheGest

grammar police is pimp but has too much time
Old 06-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Petey

I've been driving Zs for 20 years. I don't believe I've ever spent $1000 in a year for maintenance, although I did spend $850 for tires once.
That said, I got an estimate on my Z32 for timing belt and 120k maintenance for $1100 I believe, so there is periodic maintenance that'll bite you.

If I had to total up all the years, I'd say I averaged about $500/yr. Of course maintenance is more expensive now.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:39 PM
R3VAN
Banned

well Im starting to save up my money now, and i would say in about a year or a year in a half i will have a nice downpayment.. on an 04 or 05.. maybe latest year, i dont know..

question is.. how much do you guys pay on gas per month, and is the cost for maintance decent??

ive been in love with these cars for a year now and i REALLY want one! hopefully soon Ill be able to be cool like u all and post up my OWN PIcs of my own very Z lol
I would pay about 140-200$ a month on gas, depending on prices, but I would also drive a lot. As for the maintenance, save up for some new window motors, or just get yourself a nice lil warranty. Other than that, all Ive ever had to pay for are oil changes, and soon flush out the transmission.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Grammar Police

Sincerest apologies for posting twice.

Last edited by Grammar Police; 06-22-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Grammar Police

Originally Posted by IX R3VAN XI
I would [Why are you using "would" here? It seems as though you would pay the specified amount based on some future condition. We do not know what that condition is.] pay about 140-200$ a [The dollar sign comes before the number. "Per month" is preferable.]month on gas, ["Pay ... on" is incorrect. You might "spend ... on," or even "waste ... on," but you certainly don't "pay ... on."]depending on prices [/Sentence. Also, "depending on price" is preferable. Finally, "depending on price" is unnecessary as it can be implied.], but I would also drive a lot. [Again, no need for the conditional phrasing.] As for the maintenance, [Good job!]save up for some new window motors, [This comma is unnecessary.]or just [Just is unnecessary.] get yourself a nice lil [This clause contains too many words. See my revision, below. Little, not lil.]warranty. Other than that, all Ive [Consider rearranging these sentence. I have: I've. An apostrophe is necessary.]ever [Ever is unnecessary as it can be implied.]had to pay for are oil changes, and soon [This is a future expenditure. It does not match with the rest of the sentence, which is in past tense.] [This sentence needs an additional verb (or two).]flush out the transmission.

I spend approximately $140 to $200 per month on gas. However, my spending is not representative as I drive a great deal.

With respect to maintenance, be advised: the window motors in the 350z often fail. You should either set aside money for their replacement or purchase an additional warranty. The only maintenance I have done, aside from replacing my window motors, is oil changes. Additionally, I will soon require a transmission flush.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:14 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Sincerest apologies for posting twice.
Apologies accepted.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:41 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by davidf
I forgot to mention maintanance is no more than any other nissan. You should be ok.
The maintenance cost between my 03 Z and 05 Altima is night and day.

Ex.

Oil change Z = $60 Altima = $30

Tires Z = $1000+ Altima = $450

Gas for Z = Too much to calculate. I live at the pump.
Altima = ~$48/400 miles full tank.

Cleaning materials and supplies Z = $20/mon Altima = $0
Old 06-22-2007, 09:58 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
The maintenance cost between my 03 Z and 05 Altima is night and day.

Ex.

Oil change Z = $60 Altima = $30

Tires Z = $1000+ Altima = $450

Gas for Z = Too much to calculate. I live at the pump.
Altima = ~$48/400 miles full tank.

Cleaning materials and supplies Z = $20/mon Altima = $0

your forgot the the sudden urge to add mods which = bankrupt
Old 06-22-2007, 10:15 PM
pookZprincess

well thanks everyone!
i was only asking this because someone told me last night that they are EXPENSIVE to own.. said like i would be spending 1000 a month just on the car.. thanks all again (-=
Old 06-22-2007, 10:27 PM
modzs

wow guys this girls is only 18. I would say get a civic first. If you not it's very likely that you'll end up another statistic.