Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Order Numbers - Many don't have them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 07:03 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order number started with an S... didn't pay much attention to the rest since I was only worried about the first letter. The anticipated delivery was September.

Super Black/Charcoal (DAMN HOT!) Touring 6MT with trunk/floor mats.

And about my order date: I ordered at the dealer 1/19 and was 5 out of 4. The reason I said May before was because I didn't get added to the pre-order until May when the dealer got their additional allotment. I really don't know what Nissan is using for my order date. I know my order sheet was faxed to nissan along with their other pre-orders in January; which means they did know I existed before my official pre-order was placed. Sorry if I'm messing up the results.

Last edited by blackSunshine; 08-01-2002 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:33 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by blackSunshine
I really don't know what Nissan is using for my order date.
I'm going to use your January date. Having an S order seems more in line with an early order date, than a May order date. Since you will be getting your car well before I get mine, I'd prefer to see that your order was placed 2 months before me, not 2 months after me.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:47 AM
Boomer

Default Re: does anyone know anything

Originally posted by valdis
Unfortunately we wont know for certain if there is a true relation between order number and exact delivery date until people start getting their cars. And by the time we do get our cars none of this speculation will matter. Unfortunately there are thousands of pre-order people out there who havent gotten online and found this sight, so who knows what their order numbers are and when they are expecting to get their Z's. But based on what we do know, We can all pretty much rest easy knowing that we are gonna get our Z's... someday. So relax and try not to go too insane until that day comes.

Honestly, how much better or worse would things be for us if we actually did know that our cars were gonna get here on a specific date (unless that date was less than a week away). And even as much as 1 week of knowing and waiting would be worse than all the weeks I spent waiting for Christmas as kid put together. Personally, the anxiety I would feel would be stupifying!
Speak for your self, valdis. I went round the bend about 2 weeks ago. I'm getting counseling for it, but my analyst thinks its terminal and I may have to move into the garage until I get my Z. Dr. Bonz, could you give me a referal to inpt, I'm sinking fast.

Boomer--Blotto in Middle America.
BR/FR/AT
Old 08-01-2002, 08:09 AM
TJZ

No order # yet . My dealer says he should have more info the 1st week of august. So you can be that i'll be in there this weekend asking more questions.

Hopefully i can get some better answers this time.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:14 AM
irishfan

Originally posted by Scafremon

I'm going to use your January date. Having an S order seems more in line with an early order date, than a May order date. Since you will be getting your car well before I get mine, I'd prefer to see that your order was placed 2 months before me, not 2 months after me.
I agree with your thought process here. Every time I look at all the orders after mine with R and S tracking numbers I get even more depressed. It looks like I picked up some company in the order early, receive late category, but this misery does not love the company (Nissan that is). Maybe someday ZISME or someone else will be able to explain how this worked (or didn't).
Old 08-01-2002, 08:18 AM
Scafremon

Just to ditto what many of you have been told, my NNA rep emailed me this morning advising that I should have an order number and delivery date by 8/6/02.

While some people will be getting Z's mid August, some of us are just as excited to be finally getting our order number/delivery month! Ok. Probably not as excited.

Sometimes I feel like I put a deposit down on an order number...
Old 08-01-2002, 09:00 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Chances are good that I'll be making a trip down to southern california during october. If you don't have your car by then scaf I'll stop by and let you drive mine for a bit, seriously.

You'll just have to sign a 10-page contract before the drive, don't worry it's all just legal lingo for "I'll be very nice to this car".