Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Still haven't seen one in San Diego!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 11:37 PM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still haven't seen one in San Diego!!!

I am totally frustrated that I still haven't seen one in person. Reading all the posts from you lucky SOBs who have gotten to sit in it, rev the engine, drive it is KILLING ME.

Would it be too much to ask for the San Diego dealers to have some kind of showing for us? I know there's been at least two in town, AND the damn thing was designed here (or at least partly designed here or whatever).

I think I need a hug.

Dave
Old 08-01-2002, 01:57 AM
Alang

I have only heard of one road sighting in San Diego. My friend saw a sunset Z on 5 North near La Jolla. I had just shown him pics of the Z about a week before. Someone on this board also reported seeing the sunset car on the same day, so I think it was legit.

I saw one in LA about 3 weeks ago, I drove up there to meet a friend for the weekend, I'm not even sure what city I was in. You would think because it was designed here that the locals would get more access to it but no, we have to go to LA to see it.

Once cars start showing up, we should have mini meets to show off (for those that have) and to oogle (for those that don't). It would be kind of like group thearpy
Old 08-01-2002, 03:36 AM
RxO

Default Ola!

Hang around downtown near the convention centre on the first. You might get lucky.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:48 AM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

Thanks RxO. I saw in the business section of the San Diego Union yesterday that the dealers meeting is downtown at the convention center. Too bad I don't work downtown. Won't be able to get out of work to sit down there, unless I win the Lotto tonight

Dave
Old 08-01-2002, 03:50 AM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

Alang,

There are pictures on the board of the sunset track parked at the Nissan Design Center on Campus Point Dr. across from UCSD. Drove over there a couple of times during lunch and in the afternoon, came up empty.

Dave
Old 08-01-2002, 04:15 AM
nizl

Yeah, I actually stopped into the Nissan Design Center this morning to ask if they knew where the Z is that was there.

The receptionist had no idea where it was, although she was pretty cute so I talked to her for a while. She claims the Z is "beautiful" and that I "made a good choice", but I still haven't seen it!

I may try to head down to the Convention Center early tomorrow... does anybody know the quickest/best way to get there? 163S? How about secret parking?
Old 08-01-2002, 09:56 AM
lagoz

Default San Diego Z

I'm teaching my daughter to drive, so I had her drive from El Cajon to the Nissan Design Center yesterday. No luck. A couple of Audi TT's in the lot, but no Z. By the way, you can get to the Convention Center in San Diego by the 94 west, the I-5, or the 163. When you get downtown, keep going to the the south, past the Gas Lamp Quarter. The Convention Center is on the last street on the south edge of downtown.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Alang

If you have the time, park at Fasion Valley (free) and take the trolly. Not sure of the times, but there is a trolly stop at the convention center.