Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Filling up with gas problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Nism0_RoLLa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happens to ma 03 allll the time, it pisses me off a lot and ma gas never hits the full line. I've always thought the problem was the guige becuase i fill up gas all the way untill it spills out of the tank, but the guige never hits full. Thats freaken wired.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Eliane

Originally Posted by illjim69
i did a quick search, nothing to speak of, so i figured i would ask.

i have a 2007 Enthusiast and can't fill the tank without problems. at first i thought it was the station i was at, but it happens everywhere! when i am filling up, it will stop around 8-10 gallons in. gas even spills out, but the tank isn't full according to the gauge. at first i thought it was the gauge, but when i realized it wasn't i am worried. wtf is going on? is there a pressure buildup or something? if i mess around long enough with it, it will start pumping again and fill the rest of the way............wtf?

jim
go to the dealer in order to fix the gauge.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM
JoeyFyed

Happened a few times to me, went away. In the meantime, fill up with the nozzle upside down.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Z-T

Originally Posted by Spike100
Jim,

I share your frustration when searching on this Forum. I write database and SQL software solutions, and I don't like the way this Forum handles searching. The software here does not handle intersections, exclusions, conditionals, etc.) In fact the search functions here are very weak. And... when someone diligently does a search and receives little or no results, and then starts a thread or asks a question, they get "hammered" by the "regulars."

Another very aggravating fault in this Forum's search engine is its inability to compare "close matches." For example Farenheit (a popular search term on this forum for a company that intentionally misspells the name) fails if you spell it correctly (Fahrenheit). Same goes for Power Acoustik (should be Power Acoustic, but "Acoustic" does not yield search results).

--Spike
Great post.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
07SA_Z

Originally Posted by 07SA_Z
It just happened today (my 4th fill-up ever). I was only able to get one click of the pump each time. It never happened during the previous 3 fill-ups.

I'll bring it in when I have my first complimentary oil change done. I'll keep everyone posted...
So today I pumped gas after a non-successful try 2 days ago...And it worked!! I was able to fill up 10 more gallons without any stops. I even tried pumping at different pump speeds (clicks) and different nozzle insertion depths without any trouble. I'll just monitor it and hopefully it won't happen again.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 AM
trinityracing

Fill slowly and try turning the zozzle to the side or upside down if it happens again.