Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What would you do if you caught someone egging or keying your Z's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Rodeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do if you caught someone egging or keying your Z's?

I never thought much of this question when I drove my '98 Taurus, but it's entirely different now that I have a 350z: what would you guys do if you caught someone egging or keying your beautiful and hard-earned Z? More importantly, would you be legally liable for any physical harm that might arise from this situation?

The thought of something like this happening would be too terrible to comprehend. There are a lot of crazy, Z-hating nuts out there.....
Old 07-30-2007, 09:10 AM
6SPD Z33

they would be shot.. no if's and or buts
Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 AM
GalvatronType_R

I would put my arm around them and start singing, "Cumbaya, my lord, cumbaya..."

Then we would start a rousing rendition of "I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothas can't deny..."

For our swan song, I would serenade him with a touching, "Oh baby you, you gots what I neeeeed, but you say that key's just a friend..."
Old 07-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Myfirst06350Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. I would beat the **** out of them and do the time for my car. Or let them do it and get a custom paint job on the house by the Ins. But still beat the **** out of them after they did it. Oh and then run them over.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Zazoozle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL is it legal to say so?

If I saw someone messing with my Z, I would 1st make an assessment of what they were doing. If they were just touching it, I'd probably have something really, really, not so nice to say.

If they were doing permanant damage, like keying or egging it, I'd pepper-spray their @ss with no shame.

Also, I am a girl and I might look all nice and sweet, but my mean side can get very ugly. I have basic fight training, so I could probably deliver an unexpected and quite satisfying beat-down. And maybe get off the hook. (imo, guys always fight too clean, while girls fight dirty, if they know how.)

And of course, I would consider the legal consequenses and try to learn the laws beforehand:

What IS legal to do to someone destroying your property that is not yourself or your house? I live in Cali, as opposed to say, Texas, where I understand the laws protecting your property are different. So what CAN you do if you see someone doing this to your Z.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 AM
michaeljr6

I would ask them some questions and ask if they could pay for the damages. If not, I would just let them go and let the insurance company handle the damages. I would try to make peace with the person and it will prevent them for doing such acts again. Prison isn't worth it for something that could be easily fixed. Would i go to jail for manslaughter or even murder? no...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Divergent13

Michael's right, burn the bastards!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Rev

I'd like to be civilized. But in the heat of the moment, who's to say what I would do? I think that I would likely lose my cool and start pounding them into oblivion, then regret it later.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 AM
HiHo_Silver350

I've been egged... and I was giving every kid in my neighborhood the evil eye. but then i began to think reasonably and realized it was most likely some kids on a joyride prob from another city. anyhow, they managed to egg right smack in the lining between the hatch and the rear bumper and the egg actually spewed into my trunk area which caused massive yoke guts to stain everything in there.
soo.... if i actually caught this guy doing it... i would catch him, tie his feet, and make him clean it (btw it was a real b**** to clean). then i would tie him down to a chair, goto the supermarket and buy 6 dozen eggs, and practice my curve ***** using his mouth as a strike zone. thats all
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Blacryan

See if my car was at my house and somebody was egging it, I am going to assume they are doing it from a car. Being that I live on the way into a dead-end cul de sac I would grab my own egg's and proceed to egg there car. If they were on foot doing it I would get egg's and find there car and egg it and say something along the lines of, "Yeah man, thats TONS OF FUN! Wanna do it again!?" then throw eggs at them.

If they were keying my car I would follow them and key there car right infront of them so they can watch too. I would make sure it is about 100x worse then what they did to my car.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:09 AM
I1DER

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
I would ask them some questions and ask if they could pay for the damages. If not, I would just let them go and let the insurance company handle the damages. I would try to make peace with the person and it will prevent them for doing such acts again. Prison isn't worth it for something that could be easily fixed. Would i go to jail for manslaughter or even murder? no...
+1
I'd go to extra lengths to identify them and where they live though. "Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord".

The Lord might want to exert his influence at a later date when I wouldn't be blamed for what the Lord did.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

I believe in an eye for an eye. So, if they throw eggs that will damage my paint, I will napalm their skin.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Villa67

Old 07-30-2007, 10:31 AM
NGZ

Originally Posted by Zazoozle
What IS legal to do to someone destroying your property that is not yourself or your house? I live in Cali, as opposed to say, Texas, where I understand the laws protecting your property are different. So what CAN you do if you see someone doing this to your Z.
That's a good question. Of course the first thing that would pop into my head is something like I'd take him down, choke him out, break all his limbs and hang him outside a police station from his lips, but that's not legal.
So let's think. Given the situation, what's the worst you can do to someone and get away with it?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:33 AM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by NGZ
That's a good question. Of course the first thing that would pop into my head is something like I'd take him down, choke him out, break all his limbs and hang him outside a police station from his lips, but that's not legal.
So let's think. Given the situation, what's the worst you can do to someone and get away with it?

feed to the pigs.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:34 AM
6SPD Z33

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
ya don't kill the guy.. that does no good lol.. when I said i'd shoot him I meant with a .22... give him something to remember it by...
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Olivia
Z-GiRL

well, when my 22 yr old cousin threw a pool toy at my car this weekend... i flipped out... so if someone were to key my Z or egg it?? ... yeah... i'd probably be doing some jail time.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
cavallino33

I'd like to think I'd do the right and calm thing, talked it out, and let insurance handle it, or call the cops etc. However in reality I'd probably end up mauling the hell out of them and getting arrested.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Black Duck

When I was 17, a few lads egged my Fiesta XR2. Luckly I witness them do it from the window. As I ran out, they ran so I angrly jumped in my car and drove after them on the sidewalk.

Yep scared the **** out of them as my bumper was nudging there asses.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
blackstealthz

My blood pressure is already rising just thinking about this and what i would do why harm a car they cant fight back egg me instead and see what the outcome would be.

Quick Reply: What would you do if you caught someone egging or keying your Z's?