Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What should I tell my dealer about clevis pin/tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Brad4rdHay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I tell my dealer about clevis pin/tranny?

I went to my dealer to make an appointment for an oil change/check up, and mentioned the clevis pin issue being a running change. I got a "hey, there are thousands of TSBs, and who knows if it applies to your car."

Now, my tranny seems to be OK. I say ok because it does sometimes make a slight "knashing" noise with a bit of sycro resistance. It still goes into gear...some peole here just skip 3rd, and mine isnt that bad. I wouldnt mind a cleaner gearbox. I find myself thinking about shifting more than I want to with this kind of car.

I fall under the catigory of "mine as well just to be sure". I dont want to have to get a new tranny, bu i wouldnt mind having a new clevis pin put in just to be sure...and if afterwards, theres no change, then hey, what harms done. And if the tranny feels better, then thats even better.

Are there any hard VIN numbers for this issue? Can I just tell the dealer to order the part...who will pay for it? Me? Nissan? My dealer?
Old 05-11-2003, 06:37 PM
zogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What should I tell my dealer about clevis pin/tranny?

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
I went to my dealer to make an appointment for an oil change/check up, and mentioned the clevis pin issue being a running change. I got a "hey, there are thousands of TSBs, and who knows if it applies to your car."

Now, my tranny seems to be OK. I say ok because it does sometimes make a slight "knashing" noise with a bit of sycro resistance. It still goes into gear...some peole here just skip 3rd, and mine isnt that bad. I wouldnt mind a cleaner gearbox. I find myself thinking about shifting more than I want to with this kind of car.

I fall under the catigory of "mine as well just to be sure". I dont want to have to get a new tranny, bu i wouldnt mind having a new clevis pin put in just to be sure...and if afterwards, theres no change, then hey, what harms done. And if the tranny feels better, then thats even better.

Are there any hard VIN numbers for this issue? Can I just tell the dealer to order the part...who will pay for it? Me? Nissan? My dealer?
Wait until you actually have the problem, they are back order as it is for people that need them. I wouldn't want anyone messing w/ my car unless it was needed. You will first feel a grind in your second or third gear, when that starts, then you should take it in.