Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So nissan wont warrnty my Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010 | 04:30 PM
370Reasons

Originally Posted by alltel350z
they wanted me to pay 4000 on the motor because fred told me it was 9000. they could only cover 5. at that point i would have to pay extra laboe aswell. so we agreed on a block from kyle @ importpartspro.com its now together and waiting on the clutch a flywheel. the motor is 8:8.1
I've read most of this thread and I'm amazed by whats being said. I personally think someone was taken for a ride and it wasn't the dealership.

Be careful who you trust/believe when it comes to your car. Just because a guy has a fast car or a spiffy ASE patch doesn't mean he knows a single thing when it comes to diagnosing a problem with an engine. From my experience, most dealerships lack a qualified diagnostic technician so it's best to check around before handing over your investment to some unknown grease monkey. It's also a good idea to get as much in writing as you can when dealing with a dealership or "performance" shop and then fact check those numbers and details with other shops, websites, or [if you're lucky] a qualified instructor.

Oh yeah. Most, if not all, browsers have a spell check feature. If not, you can download one as an add-on. It's super neat.

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Nice 3 year old thread bump.
Great. Wasted my time reading a three year old thread.

Last edited by 370Reasons; 09-22-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-22-2010 | 07:41 PM
MaelstrØm

> I even told them that I had an extened wrnty trough another co called olimpacare. He finally called back and said "Ill provide the motor if you pay for the labor".

I hope everyone is listening clearly:
NEVER ever buy ANY warranty but that of the manufacturer.

Nissan has a database of cars by VIN, when you purchase the extended warranty, it goes onto the car's record. Any dealer will see it when they look your car up. The coverage is Nissan, so you will get full dealer service. Extended Nissan warranties can be purchased from several dealers online, no questions asked.

You made a mistake was buying Olympicare. The second was not contacting Nissan HQ about the engine fault discovered during your factory warranty period (if in fact it was).
Old 09-23-2010 | 11:22 AM
bailey bill

Originally Posted by alcheng
Once you put ANY aftermarket part on your car, the warranty is VOID.

Because the car, I mean the whole car, was not designed according to your aftermarket part.

And this is the reason/ excuse of the manufacture/dealer of not giving any warranty to your car.

Even for engine oil, anything.

Absolutely false!!! The dealership/manufacturer must prove that your mod was the direct cause of a failure in order to deny a claim. Its one of the provisions of the Magnusen/Moss Act.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

And as long as you use a motor oil that meets one of the specified API grades (SG, SH,SJ, SL) or ISLAC grades GF1, GFII or GFIII) you have satisfied the oil requirement.

And there is absolutely no language in the Owner's Manual, or the
Warranty that says you cannot install aftermarket parts. Again, the Magnusen/Moss act says that if a manufacturer requires you to use a specific replacement product, ot have service done at their shop, then they must bear the cost of those parts and services.

bill
Old 01-01-2011 | 07:49 AM
alltel350z

Originally Posted by MaelstrØm
> I even told them that I had an extened wrnty trough another co called olimpacare. He finally called back and said "Ill provide the motor if you pay for the labor".

I hope everyone is listening clearly:
NEVER ever buy ANY warranty but that of the manufacturer.

Nissan has a database of cars by VIN, when you purchase the extended warranty, it goes onto the car's record. Any dealer will see it when they look your car up. The coverage is Nissan, so you will get full dealer service. Extended Nissan warranties can be purchased from several dealers online, no questions asked.

You made a mistake was buying Olympicare. The second was not contacting Nissan HQ about the engine fault discovered during your factory warranty period (if in fact it was).
I did contact nissan hq. I also contacted group one hq that owned the dealership. My local dealership suck and would drive 100 mi if I ever had to take one to a nissan dealership again.
Old 01-01-2011 | 07:53 AM
alltel350z

Originally Posted by 370Reasons
I've read most of this thread and I'm amazed by whats being said. I personally think someone was taken for a ride and it wasn't the dealership.

Be careful who you trust/believe when it comes to your car. Just because a guy has a fast car or a spiffy ASE patch doesn't mean he knows a single thing when it comes to diagnosing a problem with an engine. From my experience, most dealerships lack a qualified diagnostic technician so it's best to check around before handing over your investment to some unknown grease monkey. It's also a good idea to get as much in writing as you can when dealing with a dealership or "performance" shop and then fact check those numbers and details with other shops, websites, or [if you're lucky] a qualified instructor.

Oh yeah. Most, if not all, browsers have a spell check feature. If not, you can download one as an add-on. It's super neat.

Great. Wasted my time reading a three year old thread.

lol. Typed in a hurry.

I agree with you about the ase patch. The techs mom prob put it on for him.