Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How important is your color to you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
chriskabobbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PPW has grown on me like no other, I just can't see myself in another Z, or car might I add, in another color other than white. It juss seems almost anything goes with white, and you can't go wrong.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, think resale if that'll be applicable, think long term. It can be such an emotive thing. Let us know how you get on.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 PM
phorbo007

My first preference was PPW but I had a difficult time locating one with black interior and 6mt in decent condition/price. I settled for my second pref..Daytona Blue and do not regret one bit of it. I'm sure resale should be fairly easy.

BTW, does anyone have production stats of each color?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
lunartick13

LeMans Sunset for me! first time I saw it no second thoughts. too bad there is other car makes with something that looks like L S.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:47 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always had the habit of associating different colors to different types of cars and makes.

Red - Ferraris
Yellow - Lamborghinis, Taxi Cabs
White - Honda/ Acura
Grey- Porsche
Blue - Subaru WRX's
Black - BMW
Silver - Mercedes

When the Z first came out, I went through that mental list.
The car was already eye-catching so it didn't need an overstated or catchy color.
It looked small already so it didn't need to be dark.
The lines had to show, so I didn't want it TOO neutral where it drowned out the car's lines.

It had a classy sportscar coupe vibe to it, a la porsche, so I went with Silverstone.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Fletch69z

I wanted a black one when I bought my silverstone but now I love it and wouldn't get another color, .
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
VENOMSZ

SILVER all the way.
No other color would suffice.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:51 PM
z-u-later

+1 on the Silverstone Zs being always mistaken for a Porsche . . . not a bad compliment.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Beau

RED was the only color I would buy. I turned down a Daytona Blue and Black Z before I bought this one. I would like to own a black luxury sedan though.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Sea Bass

Well I ended up buying my car used, since there's no way I could afford it new (they cost over 50k brand new with taxes in Canada), so I didn't choose the colour so much as it chose me.

Ideally, if I were to buy a new one, I admit I'd probably go for PPW or DB, as those are my favorites. And actually, I probably NEVER would have gone for a CS like I actually have, but I actually love the colour now that I've gotten to appreciate it. It looks particularly good on sunset or sunrise, and when it's an overcast day.

In other words, I think if you want the car bad enough, you learn to love, or at least not dislike, the colour. I think I didn't like silver because I just see so many damn silver cars for all makes and models on the road. But now I really appreciate it and would consider silver for my next car, too. About the only colour I still would never consider is black, and that's because it's too much work to keep it looking clean.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Jersey Joe

Originally Posted by seekanddestroy
Im definately a color buyer. I passed on so many good deals cause of color. PPW was very dissapointing to me. SOMETIMES I see a Z that makes me wish I would have gotten SS,

damn that looks good. I had to have my Z in Carbon Silver. They had a dark blue one on the lot that was making me second guess myself tho.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:00 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

i either wanted a blue or black one...i just so happened to find a nice condition black one first so i took it...

however, i wasn't going to settle for any other color...so it was sort of important
Old 08-17-2007, 09:04 PM
SniperHunter

I was basically content with any color. I almost bought a Super Black, and I almost bought a Silverstone. Yes, Daytona was my top choice, followed by Yellow, then Redline. But I'd have swung for any color, as long as the price of the car was right.

In any case, after 4 months of searching, I finally came across my 06 Daytona, and I just knew I had to have it. It was barely broken in with 5k on the clock. Haven't looked back since. The color is always the first compliment everyone talks about. I've yet to meet anyone who dislikes it.

DB really is beautiful.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 PM
ZMotegi53

Color is very important, I have DB and then I wanted black,now I see that DB is actually one of the best colors for a Z, I like it better than the Z's in black. Choose wisely but remember you might get acustomed to a different color than your used too.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:18 AM
35oZephyR

I hate it when people compliment the color of the car.

That means the rest of it is too bland to be mentioned.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

I think color is the number one option people consider after that decided which car and trim to get. So it's a big deal.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:26 AM
Delako

Love my silver Alloy. Carbon silver was too dark and PPW was too white
Old 08-18-2007, 09:39 AM
SimonD

Originally Posted by MyFairladyZ2006
I wanted Red and waited 3 months.
I dont regret getting another color.
Although I really like the new Solar Orange
Funny, my first one was Redline Red (Chilli in the UK) and the second one is going to be Solar Orange (Temper Orange in the UK).
I have been waiting for months for mine to turn up, two more weeks tho and I will be a happy man.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 AM
asiandreamer

color is very important if you want to build a show car or else you will waste a couple grand on paint!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:24 AM
billp

Being an old fart, impressing people wasn't my first desire. I've found that silver, gold, white stay clean looking the longest, so when a silverstone was found with the best price, I took it. I like the PPW, but that dealer, which happened to be the same dealer but in a different town, wouldn't deal, I went with the SS. Everyone does like it, and even though this is the first car, I've ever bothered to wax, it does look good a lot easier and longer.

My x-wife wanted a red car so I bought her a red Eldorado. I owned a car wash and she couldn't get it home clean. She has never bought a red car since. Owning the car wash, I did love the people that had the blacks and dark blues, they were in there every couple of days keeping it clean.

Quick Reply: How important is your color to you?