Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

VIN Soup - By Scafremon

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 04:18 AM
Boomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN Soup

I need to correct my order date; 2/11 not 2/10 and I ordered a Touring. No order#, or VIN# either.

Boomer
Old 08-08-2002, 08:00 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Scafremon, can you correct my VIN? Looking at the other ones, it looks like one digit is incorrect.

I had "JN1A23..." but it looks like it should be "JN1AZ3..." (letter Z instead of number 2).

Your list helped me catch this error!
Old 08-08-2002, 08:09 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Update

Scafremon, could you please update my info with car color chrome and model touring...thanks ...really appreciate your data stats, the only thing I find extremely discouraging is that people who ordered as late as 04/01 have their vins and will be getting their cars way way before alot of us that ordered in january. To me something is wrong with this picture...nissan really messed up, they should have planned on buiding the cars by month of preorder or by months of two, so jan/feb cars would be aug/sept, mar/apr cars sept/oct, may june cars oct nov dec. This is ruining the experience for me I feel like it is the bait and switch..tell the truth nissan ,be forthcoming with facts and quit screwing with us..with my luck I will be told august and I won't see the damn car until halloween ..so much for driving my new car in our short summer up here in seattle..maybe that G35 coupe is looking better all the time..that damn car comes in in november and I probably won't have to wait 10 months for it. Thanks for letting me vent everyone.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:11 AM
2003z

marc, as I said, email me, but from what I've heard, they are producing them in the order of popularity. I met someone who might know who to point you to.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:12 AM
a_p

Jeff,

Thanks again for compiling this list... Its seems as though my expected delivery date got left out... Nissan of Orange actually called me and all of their 25 pre-orders.

My Z is expected end of October/Early November.

thanks again!
A_P
Old 08-08-2002, 08:22 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by a_p
Jeff,

Thanks again for compiling this list... Its seems as though my expected delivery date got left out... Nissan of Orange actually called me and all of their 25 pre-orders.

My Z is expected end of October/Early November.

thanks again!
A_P
Keep me posted on your delivery. I'm a 3 wood away from Douglas Nissan. (I know it's a 3-wood, because I hit ***** off the roof of my house at their dealership, since they wanted to gouge me back in March)

But seriously....if by some wierd chance I get my Z before you, maybe I could drive you into the dealership in my Z, to pick up yours!
Old 08-08-2002, 08:42 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: Update

Originally posted by marcZZZ
Scafremon, could you please update my info with car color chrome and model touring...thanks ...really appreciate your data stats, the only thing I find extremely discouraging is that people who ordered as late as 04/01 have their vins and will be getting their cars way way before alot of us that ordered in january.
I've updated your info (and everyone elses). Will post the updated pages in a few. Thanks to all for helping me complete the empty spaces.

Marcia, I hear your frustrations. But to be honest, for many people, I don't think it was Nissan who is to blame for some of our frustrations. I know you received some delivery info early on from your dealer, saying August. It was most likely your dealer who is at blame, for being un-informed. He figured (like many of us did), that if the pre-ordered cars where to arrive between Aug and Oct, then it makes sense that the 1/15 approx orders would be the first, and be in August. We shouldn't have taken that type of information to heart.

Nissan definetly errored in not seeing our frustrations, and responding to it. They visit these forums; they got a feeling for where their customers were coming from. And when we lit up their phone lines, they cried 'foul', and said we were now to blame, as they can't get their jobs done because of our calls. That didn't sit well with me.

I think for the most part Nissan is trying to build per our order date, but taking into consideration effective production scheduling. I think they will try to get most all the cars delivered by the end of October, for all those people who recieved Aug-Oct windows. We can't really fault them (in regards to delivery) if they do that. Some who ordered later will get theirs earlier, but hopefully the time span between the first and the last will not be too great. Trying times - for sure. But if they can get everyone at least their order numbers before the first cars are delivered, and if VIN's follow shortly there after - those crumbs can hopefully tide many people over during those last few weeks.

Last edited by Scafremon; 08-08-2002 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:06 PM
j's350z

Question order # only

ordered a base chrome silver in april. got my s order # but no vin # yet. dealer told me september delivery. i'll believe it when i see it....N.J.
Old 08-08-2002, 05:05 PM
zzzyaaa

Silverstone, Enthusiast MT
Ordered 3/4
Vin JN1AZ34DX3T1XXXXX
Order# S260932
ETA. 8/31 give or take 5 days
Old 08-08-2002, 11:19 PM
tom350z

Default my vin

got my vin today!
JN1AZ34033T10XXXX
ORDERED 3/09/02
PACKET #3270

thanks,
tom
super black touring
Old 08-09-2002, 12:57 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Default VIN no correlation to model

It's funny, looking a the VINs in the list, there doesn't seem to be any correlation to the model ordered: they all have the first digits the same, but after the "Z34" it seems to be random. You can't tell if it's a Track, Performance, etc. by the VIN.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:03 AM
DIGItonium

I don't understand how this works.... but here's my info

Minh v. Ta (My dad, the buyer)
djtonium@kscable.com (my old addy at time of preorder)

Enthusiast Model /w 6sp. Manual
Chrome Silver
Carbon Cloth

Acc.
Floor Mats
Alum. Kick Plate

Dealer: Davis-Moore Nissan
LOC: Wichita, KS

Time Frame told: Sept-Oct.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:14 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by djtonium
I don't understand how this works.... but here's my info
What I do is put your info in my database, so we can see how your order fits in with other orders.

The info is located here . It will probably later tonight before I get your info in.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:15 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: Order Number

Originally posted by mnvrice
What significance does the order # play?
Originally we thought the order numbers had some significance regarding delivery. But so far, they don't seem to have any real affect.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:23 AM
DIGItonium

Thanks sir...

BTW... My dad placed the order around middle of March. I don't know if that helps, but there you have it.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:18 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Update for marcZZZ

Scafremon, thank you for your kind words and comments regarding my mini-meltdown on yesterdays post. Today in my email I got my elusive VIN. The data is as follows:

VIN: JN1AZ34D23T101***

Est delivery date: 09/07/02

I am a very happy camper tonight and I am sure others will hear tomarrow when the reports come out again....I feel a little foolish for getting as worked up as I did..god only knows nissan can't keep us all happy.BTW did NNA really send you that "stern" message? Whoa, guess we should have used just your first name and not included your last, when did you order your car anyway?Do you think they will "hold up" your order?

Quick Reply: VIN Soup - By Scafremon