Here's the OP and his current ride...

Old 08-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Jestasia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

z..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:10 PM
NGZ

I faced the same question before I got the Z. Both are great cars. But I think the "decision-swayers" (at least for me) are: the kinds of roads you will drive on most frequently and your driving style.

If you spend most of your time in twisty roads, you might prefer the S2K. If you spend most of your time on freeways, the Z will be more comfortable.

Then, it's about your driving style. If you are a micro-managing technique-loving freak and like a responsive, screaming engine as you manage your shifts and RPMs to stay within the engine's powerband as you carve the corners, S2K is for you. The S2K sounds and feels like a monster when you unleash its engine. The tricky thing is that you constantly need to push it hard and keep it there to feel the thrill. After you've had your fun, you can ease off the throttle and transform the S2K back to its honda civic form for commuting Other points: the S2K is light. And it has one of the slickest shifts ever. *shik* *shik*

The Z is engineered to be a little less aggressive than the S2K, I feel. The engine is smooth, designed to feel like 'effortless power'. At 4K RPM or 6K RPM, it won't feel thaaat much different. There is no 'kick' as you punch the throttle through the RPMs. Just smooth power. While this linear power is great to some, some people find that it lacks excitement. If you like more refined power, and prefer casual finesse and using the car's momentum and rather than surging energy, you'll prefer the Z. The Z is heavy. You may not feel it right away, but take the same corners in a Z and an S2K, and you'll see. Especially on downhills.

Whoever says the S2K is slow, don't mind them. The S2K is just a more technical car to drive fast. Besides, I doubt that most drivers can drive close enough to the limits of either car to tell that one is faster than the other on a track. It's more about what suits you better
Old 08-31-2007, 05:41 PM
flintgauge

why is everyone taking this thread so seriously...? It's obvious the OP is engaging in internet war mongering. He could have easily searched as there are many threads concerning the matter. I say equal treatment for all newbs that post redundant question without searching! FLAME ON!

Here's the threads for you sir... six of them, and there are 491 more threads to look at concerning the S2000... plenty of easy reading for those lonely nights or long stays on the pot.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=S2000

Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 PM
laze1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere....I had one for two years and tracked it 10 times, ran the **** out of it eveyday, and never had a problem...and drove it 120 miles a day round-trip to work.

However, it ain't for everybody!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by laze1
The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere....

uhh... really?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
blazed54

I wonder what the s2k guys say about the Z if they have this same thread. Would be good to see what they think about the Z
Old 08-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blazed54
I wonder what the s2k guys say about the Z if they have this same thread. Would be good to see what they think about the Z
too heavy is about the only thing they could say.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Z04

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
Dude your an a Z forum what do you think the answer is going to be?

true, but maybe he will get a S2000 and not bother to come back
Old 08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Escobar

Received 154 Likes on 128 Posts

get the Z, you wont regret it
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM
flintgauge

here get this... that way you don't have to decide between the Z and the S2000

Old 08-31-2007, 06:26 PM
Z04

The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere...
Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 PM
kyoeyes

You would feel like its a race car only if you have the roads/track to take advantage of ripping it up to 9krpm and running it hard, take it to the street and yea its a commuter.

I think there was one guy in this thread who made an unbias comment which I respect. I was in this situation as a lot of people have been. Nothing wrong with a honda, nothing wrong with a nissan.

350z looks sexy, has more torque, is heavier, no roof of anykind, but overall a great car

s2000 looks sexy, has no torque, high revs, lighter, convert but a lot of people don't like the convert look, overall a great car

I have driven countless vehicles of both and concluded that for ME not everyone the s2000 is what I like. Every car can represent what people like and I respect all, whoever says Nissan sucks or Honda sucks are just immature and dicks to begin with.

I love the open top, especially around ladies, the 350z hides you while since I'm not bad looking guy I get looks from the girls. I love the air and "kick" that I get from the high revs. I make about 350whp (gt35r turbo) so I have "torque" lol. Basically I don't need much trunk space and the only thing missing was torque so problem solved. Find out what you want in the car and then choose. Both are great cars, love for both, although many 350z owners and s2k owners think their cars are faster than each other. When Z owners rev me and want to play, they end up with their jaw dropping. I'll lose to a tt Z in a straightaway for sure unless he sucks as driving but have yet to encounter one.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The S2000 is about this closest thing you are gonna find to a race car for the street anywhere....I had one for two years and tracked it 10 times, ran the **** out of it eveyday, and never had a problem...and drove it 120 miles a day round-trip to work.

However, it ain't for everybody!

You gotta be kidding.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Key Of Z

I had my '03 s2k for four years before I got the Z in July. It's a great car but it's not for everyone. It takes a lot of skill to drive it right. It's very demanding. I'm 6'3" and it was tight! Thhe OP asked an honest question and there were a lot of well thought responses. And there's a bunch of typical car forum a$$hat "mine's bigger" posts as well. I loved the Honda. For me, it was just time for a change. I'm enjoying the hell out of the Z Another great car. If it's a daily driver, I'd say get the Z without question. Fun, powerful, comfortable and looks great. The S is absoultely more of a track car. They're so different. I'm lucky to have been able to have had both. If I had the money and the room, I would have kept the S and gotten the Z. I'm very happy with my decision though. Good luck with yours.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Nismospeed4life

Here, decided for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxw1I...elated&search=

I've driven both and I like the Z better. However, dont get an oil burning 06. go for the 07.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:16 AM
kihun

Previously when I bought my Z, I had a delima of buying either Z or s2k. S2k can get real pretty with just a bigger rims, suspension and a hardtop. but considering that I only have one car and I commute 120 miles a day, I decided to go for Z.. Z is a hell of a car, lot of torque and attention from chicks. S2k will feel like a go-cart but loses the end easily.

pros about s2k

feel like go cart.. great handling
it's honda.. reliable comes first =)
chicks dig it..
it quite simple and feel like a race car..

cons about s2k

small as hell..
lack of fukin torque..
interior is nothing but a cd player.. can't get navi system..
you will hear wind noise through the soft top..

I love my z.. and I'm thankful that I got a Z instead of s2k.. i would prefer to get s2k if you had another vehicle to drive.. but for me, it was my only and only car to drive..
Old 09-02-2007, 09:16 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

S-2000
Old 09-02-2007, 11:44 AM
capnstabn

I have a 2007 Z and my dad drives a 2007 s2k. S2k does lack torque however the high redline makes it alot of fun to drive. In turns it feels like you are wearing spike cleats and you feel the road MUCH more than a Z. The two are serious competitors in performance. If you are purchasing the car for a daily driver, a bit of time on the track, casual 40mph rolls against random folk on the way home from work...go Z. If you need a convertible for weekend cruises, weekends at the track/meets, some casual boxster ownage...the s2k would be a great car. But there is one question you need to ask yourself before purchasing the car. Do you want to be mixed up for a porche or a miata when you are putting a drunk 22 year old in the passenger seat =p.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide! 350z or s2000