Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Nero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the s2k too many damn Z's on the road nowadays
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
BrandonS2K

Originally Posted by VQZ33_Jake
....your car has 237 hp and 153 TQ, the Z has 287 hp and 274 TQ. thats not exactly comparable. why exactly did you come on the forum if you own a S2k anyway? to talk about how you think your car is better? im wondering why your shocked im giving you ****, you came on a forum thats for Z owners and/or enthusiasts, and talking about how your car is a close match for a Z....expect it, just like i would if i went on a porsche forum and said my Z will come close in a race with a carrera.

Jake
well i joined this forum along with the sti and evo forum because they are great cars and i like expanding my knowlege on cars. the first for you geniuses counting my posts, the first thing that caught my eye in the forum list was the S2000 or 350z. im a all around car lover and for you comparing the hp and trq you forgot the most important thing WEIGHT and gearing. and yes it would be a drivers race between the two cars simple as that. both a great cars Z luxury, comfort torque....S2000 handling, LOOKS, Fun, Quick. i didnt join this forum to say my car is the best i just saw this guy asking about a S2000 or 350z and i put in my opinion in on which i thought he should get. and like i said man GO WITH THE S you wont regret it or look back.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
BrandonS2K

Originally Posted by Nero
get the s2k too many damn Z's on the road nowadays
very true man very true
Old 09-13-2007, 05:49 PM
VQZ33_Jake

Originally Posted by BrandonS2K
well i joined this forum along with the sti and evo forum because they are great cars and i like expanding my knowlege on cars. the first for you geniuses counting my posts, the first thing that caught my eye in the forum list was the S2000 or 350z. im a all around car lover and for you comparing the hp and trq you forgot the most important thing WEIGHT and gearing. and yes it would be a drivers race between the two cars simple as that. both a great cars Z luxury, comfort torque....S2000 handling, LOOKS, Fun, Quick. i didnt join this forum to say my car is the best i just saw this guy asking about a S2000 or 350z and i put in my opinion in on which i thought he should get. and like i said man GO WITH THE S you wont regret it or look back.
weight is important, but not when it only comes down to a few hundred lbs...i dont understand what you mean by a drivers race. the S2k does mid 14's, the 03-06 Z does low 13's...it may shock you but i was acctually going to buy a S2k before i even thought about a Z. until one day i took a test drive in both. the S2k didn't have a chance. i wouldnt exactly say the Z has luxury either. have you ever driven a Z? if you haven't you cant exactly be saying anything about the matter.

Jake
Old 09-13-2007, 05:57 PM
imprtlvr

Sounds like he's saying the S2K LOOKS better than a Z too??? Just what I gathered from that comment!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
BrandonS2K

weight is important, but not when it only comes down to a few hundred lbs...i dont understand what you mean by a drivers race. the S2k does mid 14's, the 03-06 Z does low 13's...it may shock you but i was acctually going to buy a S2k before i even thought about a Z. until one day i took a test drive in both. the S2k didn't have a chance. i wouldnt exactly say the Z has luxury either. have you ever driven a Z? if you haven't you cant exactly be saying anything about the matter.

Jake
my boss owns a Z and yes ive been in one you would be surprised how much a few hundred pounds matters when racing. and ive seen STOCK
S2000s do well under 14 secs with a great driver. and by drivers race i mean it depends on the driver, the outcome of the race that is. it doesnt shock me you thought about a S its a great car las is the Z but you chose the Z so what??? i guess its a better car now since you chose it over the S. both are great just depends on preferance and thats it bottom line! and so what you claim a S to be .5 seconds slower even with that false claim a good vs. bad driver can make that time difference up easily
Old 09-13-2007, 06:30 PM
BrandonS2K

Jake
the Z is a luxury car compared to the s with the navi, crap load of speakers, size, and looks, i mean cmon man anyone can see that.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
diwun67

S2000's are cute.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Espirit

Originally Posted by 350ZEEEEE
Well I have been looking for a new car for a couple months, and have narrowed it down to these two. To me it seems like they are both very similar, but both have their general differences. This car is going to be a daily driver so I want something comfortable that can get from point A to B quickly if need be. I like the fact that the S is a convertible which makes it fun for sunny so-cal, also the option of a hardtop, but it seems just a little too small. The Z on the other hand, has much more room on the inside, and you can get straight to the "trunk" without having to go to the back of the car. I plan on modding it first with the obvious: wheels, exhaust, intake, brakes, and suspension. If you didn't own a Z and took both stock for stock, what would you choose, and why? Also, which of the two do you think would respond better to those couple of mods?
-Thanks
That's the way I see it.

S got better interior and corners better. I dont like the convert roof idea and if it came with a hardtop instead of softop I would go for it, plus that soft top set up weights a lot. It depends on how big you are, I'm 5 9, 170 lbs and fit in S just fine. I dont think you will get much out of S with bolt ons unless you gonna go FI. I like the new S model coming up but it's too fricking expensive. Also to me, stock S dont look too good unless it got a lipkit and dropped.

Z on other hand looks better and is faster in straight line and more room. From what I read you get better gains from bolt ons on Z. Trunk room is decent but there is a huge swaybar in the middle with Z on it.

I would think about Z or Evo. Z for looks and Evo for modability.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Espirit

Jake
I seen clips of S run 13.7 with just intake. Please don't take S worst times and compare it to 07 Z best times.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:56 PM
BrandonS2K

Originally Posted by Espirit
I seen clips of S run 13.7 with just intake. Please don't take S worst times and compare it to 07 Z best times.
thats what im sain this dudes usin the 14.5 time wtf
Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 PM
BrandonS2K

Originally Posted by diwun67
S2000's are cute.
glad you think they are cute
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
VQZ33_Jake

the Z is a luxury car compared to the s with the navi, crap load of speakers, size, and looks, i mean cmon man anyone can see that.
looks? it looks luxurious? not all models have the navi. either, i dont have one.

just answer this, have you ever driven a Z?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 PM
VQZ33_Jake

intake isnt stock, it may not add much but it isn't stock. 07 best times?? someone ran a 13.3 in a Z with the VQ motor (03-06). IF you wanna talk 07's
thats a diff. story.

Jake
Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
BrandonS2K

300z but why are we gettin off to this when in the first place i was just giving this guy info and my opinion on the S. i dont need to drive the Z when i have a cousin who owns one and millions of facts and videos on the net. NO I HAVENT DRIVEN THE Z get back at me in a few months and i can say yes to that. your givin bogus info sayin the S runs 14.5 ya and im sure a Z has ran 16.5 doesnt mean thats the best it can do just means the driver sucked.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:28 PM
VQZ33_Jake

I like the new S model coming up but it's too fricking expensive. Also to me, stock S dont look too good unless it got a lipkit and dropped.

Z on other hand looks better and is faster in straight line and more room. From what I read you get better gains from bolt ons on Z. Trunk room is decent but there is a huge swaybar in the middle with Z on it.

I would think about Z or Evo. Z for looks and Evo for modability.
they discontinued the S2k for the 08' model year bro. its a little quicker, but not by much.

Jake
Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM
BrandonS2K

intake isnt stock, it may not add much but it isn't stock. 07 best times?? someone ran a 13.3 in a Z with the VQ motor (03-06). IF you wanna talk 07's
thats a diff. story.

Jake
wow dude wo smarten up man its a intake a intake doest make the car 1 second faster
Old 09-13-2007, 08:32 PM
VQZ33_Jake

NO I HAVENT DRIVEN THE Z
dont talk sh** than. listen buddy, i was a honda guy to. i had a 99' civic with a turbo'd b18c1 before i bought my Z. i know were your comming from. but the S2k, no matter how you try and say it, is not as fast or a faster car than the Z.
thats all im trying to proove.

Jake
Old 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM
VQZ33_Jake

wow dude wo smarten up man its a intake a intake doest make the car 1 second faster
isn't that what i said?? i said it doesnt add much. it will add a 10th of a second though.

dont try and make me sound like an idiot either. im not only a realtor, im also ACE certified and i helped run my dads shop before he sold it.
Jake

Last edited by VQZ33_Jake; 09-13-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 PM
BrandonS2K

dont talk sh** than. listen buddy, i was a honda guy to. i had a 99' civic with a turbo'd b18c1 before i bought my Z. i know were your comming from. but the S2k, no matter how you try and say it, is not as fast or a faster car than the Z.
thats all im trying to proove.

Jake
are you tryin to convince yourself or some complete stranger like me well like ive been sayin the S and Z are very close in performance and run similar times simple as that. racind isnt everything but if they were to race it would depend on the driver. im no way a HONDA man you can believe that, i only like the s2k and nsx really. you can have all the civics and other crap. i love all cars and love to drive new things i can respect each car for its pros and cons. and the way you make it sound is that there is no way a Z could lose to a S "no matter how you try and say it, is not as fast or a faster car than the Z."-jake its up to the driver man how can you seriously say its not

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide! 350z or s2000