Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do Not Buy The Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:40 AM
fast kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant imagine how i missed 6-7 pages of this crap..
dude.. deal with it.. i sell some of the most expensive cars money can buy and guess what, they break.. i just did a buy back for a 2007 335i coz the fuel pump died..( infact BMW had put the wrong fuel pump in the first place) it happens.. DEAL!!! chump./.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 AM
arejohn

2003 Indigo Blue Pearl???
Old 09-13-2007, 12:33 PM
BrandonS2K

Originally Posted by fast kiwi
cant imagine how i missed 6-7 pages of this crap..
dude.. deal with it.. i sell some of the most expensive cars money can buy and guess what, they break.. i just did a buy back for a 2007 335i coz the fuel pump died..( infact BMW had put the wrong fuel pump in the first place) it happens.. DEAL!!! chump./.
why should he just deal with it cars arnt suppose to just break and have that many problems, ya crap happens doesnt mean you just have to sit there and say whatever they told me on the forum to just deal with it so oh well.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SILVER 03Z
I purchased my 03 as a 2nd owner. The car had 19k on it when I purchased and ran great. I started having trouble around 38k. In a nut shell, here are the issues...

1...Check engine light came on, found out a coil pack was blown.

2...Driver side window motor stopped working.

3...Recall on the gas filler tube. Supposedly they are cracking and causing fires.

4...Occasionally, the car will not start. I put the key in, turn it and nothing. Eventually it will start after I try it 10 or more times in a row. To this day Nissan has yet to diagnose the issue.

5...3rd gear was making a grinding noise. I took this back to Nissan 3 times, finally they replaced the transmission at 50k. During this, one of there idiot mechanics did not place the lift right under the car and cracked the passenger ground effect. They denied this was their doing.

I have attempted to contact Nissan customer service numerous times with no luck. They do not call you back and it is impossible to talk with a supervisor. All the above problems were fixed, minus the no start issue, under warranty.

The rear suspension is really bad in the 03's and causes excessive tire wear. I purchased new rear tires in Nov of 06, when I went for inspection in March of 07, they told me I needed new rear tires. Now mind you I drive all highway and do not race this car. The tire company refused to take responsibility for this issue.

Nissan is a headache to deal with and they DO NOT stand behind their cars. DO NOT buy a Nissan, you will deeply regret it!!
or better yet, buy it from a more reputable source next time

there are more of us here who have not had any issues with the car than there are those with constant issues

My car has never, ever, ever had a SINGLE issue.....since I bought it new in 03. First car I've ever owned (and I've owned ALOT) that I can say that about. Of course, ymmv, especially when buying used.

The rear suspension is not "really bad" - making sure the car is in spec when you get it is key, and if not, you should have made sure the dealer did it before you signed your deal

Show me a car that "caught on fire" - I've never, ever heard of one. Nissan does recalls as preventative maintenance. Of course logic dictates that any problem fuel related "could" cause a fire. Or of course, your car could never even have the issue (mine never had any problems, and I never brought it in for the recall)

As for the rest, sounds like the issue is with your dealer, from buying a car with issues, to not resolving them. Dealers make or break the ownership experience, no matter what name is on the hood

Hopefully you can find a better dealer to get the issues resolved through.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
imprtlvr

I love this!!! I've been a member over here for a while, just never have done much posting! I have recently decided to start posting up a lot more, and this needed to have my opinion thrown out! Most everyone that posted here before me has had me LMAO about this thread, I mean, I couldn't even read all of the responses...Face it bro, you bought a lemon, just because your's is ****ed up, doesn't mean they ALL are...and, like the first reply to this thread said, "this is a 350Z enthusiast forum." Everyone here, with exception to you, is in LOVE with their cars, and everyone else's for that matter. I bought an '03 Touring, KNOWING the issues that have been with the 'first year bugs' and still decided to buy it. Yeah, tire feathering is a small issue, ON THE FRONT, transmission is an issue for most of them, IT'S A FREE REPLACEMENT...I've heard about the window motors and other small things going wrong...but, I was fortunate enough to buy one that I have had no problems with, besides the transmission...
But then again...you could always go buy a Hyundai Tiburon, they have that 100,000 mile warranty on them With all that being said, I second, third, fourth, or whatever position I'm in to the GTFO comment!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Built2shredZ

I purchased my 03 as a 2nd owner. The car had 19k on it when I purchased and ran great. I started having trouble around 38k. In a nut shell, here are the issues...

3...Recall on the gas filler tube. Supposedly they are cracking and causing fires.

4...Occasionally, the car will not start. I put the key in, turn it and nothing. Eventually it will start after I try it 10 or more times in a row. To this day Nissan has yet to diagnose the issue.

5...3rd gear was making a grinding noise. I took this back to Nissan 3 times, finally they replaced the transmission at 50k. During this, one of there idiot mechanics did not place the lift right under the car and cracked the passenger ground effect. They denied this was their doing.

I have attempted to contact Nissan customer service numerous times with no luck. They do not call you back and it is impossible to talk with a supervisor. All the above problems were fixed, minus the no start issue, under warranty.

The rear suspension is really bad in the 03's and causes excessive tire wear. I purchased new rear tires in Nov of 06, when I went for inspection in March of 07, they told me I needed new rear tires. Now mind you I drive all highway and do not race this car. The tire company refused to take responsibility for this issue.

Nissan is a headache to deal with and they DO NOT stand behind their cars. DO NOT buy a Nissan, you will deeply regret it!!

I feel your pain, but you should of done some research on these forums before buying a 03'... The 03's had a lot of issues and if the original owner didn't take care of them, then .... well actually i don't need to tell you since you just went through it....

BTW, its not the actual suspension that is the problem its the alignment, the original 03' alignment specs ate up tires...
Old 09-15-2007, 11:54 AM
kognition

You bought the 03! It was the first year the Z came out. Of course there are issues. They have had about 5 years to improve upon it since they made your car. All of your complaints are electrical save for the recall and rear suspension.