Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do Not Buy The Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
mario23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my 03 brand new and still love it. I actually dig the idea that I got one of the first year models. I waited for that thing to come out and still enjoy it every day. OP...go **** in someone else's corn flakes!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 AM
pcdoctor

Well, if he really hates the Z...
There is one good thing about him hating the Z, someone who loves the Z should get a good deal on it.
If you hate something wouldn't you sell it for a cheap price instead of jacking the price up?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:21 AM
SILVER 03Z

LOL, all of you crack me up! You honestly think any of this crap you write phases me the slightest bit?? Well, think again! I'm not necessarily bashing the Z. Just letting others know, who might be interested in buying one. The car does look nice, handles well, and is okay on power. I'm use to building my own sports cars and this is my 1st foreign car and most likely my last. Nissan has been around for a very long time and I understand this is a first year car, but lets look at a few things.

First...This isnt there first manual trans they ever built, so no excuses for them being replaced by the truck loads.

Second...This isnt there first power window motor they ever built, again, no excuses for them being replaced by the thousands.

Third...This isnt there first car they have ever used coil packs on, once again, no excuses for them blowing at 25,000 miles.

Fourth...Nissan has built race vehicles for many years, how can they build a watered down version and not get the suspension right? Suspension issues this day and age is an amateur thing. Then for them to openly say "we F***ed up", and then not do anything about it is a kick in the B***s! WOW, thats makes me want to go buy another Nissan.

I also forgot to mention at 30,000miles, the clutch assembly came apart! The bolts on the firewall came loose and stripped out. They had to replace the whole clutch assembly. Again no excuse and this is suppose to be a sports car?? Say all you want that it was beat on or shifted improperly, but think of this..I get in and drive it 40miles(all highway) 1 way to work each day and I use to beat the snot out of my 89 camaro, unlike I do to my Z, and I never had a clutch assembly issue.

For the rest of your bashings, go and try to get a lemon law on a 4 1/2yr old car, virtually impossible, I know I tried! Furthermore, the car only had 1 issue that happened repeatedly(no start), all the other issues were different things. This just shows how INconsistent the car is. I'm sure many of you have had great experiences with your car(s). For me, I had a very bad experience with the Z and with Nissan, this is why I wont be purchasing another one. To all of you who say I'm just whinning and all my work was done under warranty, this is true, the inconvience comes when you have to leave your car at the dealership several times, for several days, and Nissan wont approve a rental car! If I wanted to buy a car that spent more time at the dealers garage then my own, I would of bought an 1982 Honda! I thought I was buying a reputable car from a reputable manufacturer, obviously this is not the case. In my opinion, Nissan has along way to go to be considered a player in the sports car world. I'm going back to driving my 20yr old GNX as my daily driver, which has yet to fail me in anyway! Also has yet to fail me at any redlight up against any Z, yes including turbo Z's. Go figure, a 20yr old stock Buick thats heavier, less HP, and can't handle nearly as well still outruns a 30-40K new Z. And Nissan says they build a sports car..lmaooooo

Also, my Z is currently up for sale. Whoever said they would mail me 5K for it right now, I would do you one better and sell it to you for half that, unfortunately I owe alot more on this lemon. So, this is not a bash fest, just a warning to other people who might be considering a Z. Sorry to the rest of you who read this and are affended, but look at it as a positive thing for potentially new Z buyers!

Last edited by SILVER 03Z; 09-05-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:49 AM
furiousZ

What can you say ... it's still a used car. Previous owner might have beaten it, and now those quick fixes fell apart. Who knows.

Are you kidding me? And are you trying to say that American cars are built better than the imports now-a-days? You must be living in a dream world to think American quality is ousting that of the foreign market right now.

Good luck with whatever poorly built domestic car you happen to buy ... especially Ford. The only car I'd really buy from the states would be a C6\Z06. ftw.

Last edited by furiousZ; 09-05-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:52 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We really do need a "child's forum" on here. But, then, we'd argue over who would supervise it.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 AM
SILVER 03Z

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
We really do need a "child's forum" on here. But, then, we'd argue over who would supervise it.

It's so childish, yet people like you still chime in, so I guess you would fit right in with the child forums!!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Ztalker

i suspect the previous owner obviously had fucked with that assembly trying to lower the clutch engagement and beat the **** out of the Z. Just a thought. i've never heard of clutch assembly falling apart in any vehicles ever before. This sure is news to me.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You bought a [B]used[B] car, don't know the slightest details about its previous history, and then blame Nissan for building a crappy car? If you have "built" your own sports cars, you should be able to replace a window motor and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. And I really doubt that a stock Grand National can outrun a TT 350 - a friend of mine has one and it is fast but I blow him away on the twisties, which is where a sports car is supposed to shine and I am NA with just a couple of performance mods.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
InSaNeZ

I have owned 2 350Zs and neither of them had any problems.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:29 PM
shift_work

i feel for you silver ive had problem after problems with my 04z and to top that off i purchased a new z that the dealer damaged and didnt disclose at the time of purchase and that had to involve a lawyer to resolve i was lucky to get out of mine at above payoff. the z is the worse car ive ever owned.. when guys would comment about the car, i would shoot it down. just by the word of mouth ive discouraged 3 guys from purchasing the Z. JUNK under a sports car wanna be.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:15 PM
pimpin714style

fkkn comedy!!!...lol...i luv my "Z", superblack 04 and i drive it like i stole it...speeding tickets suck tho, thanks for the warning...lol?? i dont think anyone here really joined to pretend they own a "Z".
Old 09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by zand02max
Thanks for the advice, I am trading my Z in on Tuesday! BTW we will miss you, all 10 of your posts!
thats funny
Old 09-12-2007, 05:37 PM
DevinB

Originally Posted by SILVER 03Z
I'm use to building my own sports cars
Lets see some pics of this sports car you built haha.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:40 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shift_work
i feel for you silver ive had problem after problems with my 04z and to top that off i purchased a new z that the dealer damaged and didnt disclose at the time of purchase and that had to involve a lawyer to resolve i was lucky to get out of mine at above payoff. the z is the worse car ive ever owned.. when guys would comment about the car, i would shoot it down. just by the word of mouth ive discouraged 3 guys from purchasing the Z. JUNK under a sports car wanna be.
why are you still here?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Mewantbfp

Originally Posted by shift_work

Keep up the good work i love my z and don't really care if anyone else ever buys one. All i know is its quick, handles great and is comfortable as hell on my back (i love the back support!). All the women love it and almost every guy wants to drive in it. So enjoy your opinion and ill enjoy my car.

LOL, all of you crack me up! You honestly think any of this crap you write phases me the slightest bit?? Well, think again! I'm not necessarily bashing the Z. Just letting others know, who might be interested in buying one. The car does look nice, handles well, and is okay on power. I'm use to building my own sports cars and this is my 1st foreign car and most likely my last. Nissan has been around for a very long time and I understand this is a first year car, but lets look at a few things.

First...This isnt there first manual trans they ever built, so no excuses for them being replaced by the truck loads.

Second...This isnt there first power window motor they ever built, again, no excuses for them being replaced by the thousands.

Third...This isnt there first car they have ever used coil packs on, once again, no excuses for them blowing at 25,000 miles.

Fourth...Nissan has built race vehicles for many years, how can they build a watered down version and not get the suspension right? Suspension issues this day and age is an amateur thing. Then for them to openly say "we F***ed up", and then not do anything about it is a kick in the B***s! WOW, thats makes me want to go buy another Nissan.

I also forgot to mention at 30,000miles, the clutch assembly came apart! The bolts on the firewall came loose and stripped out. They had to replace the whole clutch assembly. Again no excuse and this is suppose to be a sports car?? Say all you want that it was beat on or shifted improperly, but think of this..I get in and drive it 40miles(all highway) 1 way to work each day and I use to beat the snot out of my 89 camaro, unlike I do to my Z, and I never had a clutch assembly issue.

For the rest of your bashings, go and try to get a lemon law on a 4 1/2yr old car, virtually impossible, I know I tried! Furthermore, the car only had 1 issue that happened repeatedly(no start), all the other issues were different things. This just shows how INconsistent the car is. I'm sure many of you have had great experiences with your car(s). For me, I had a very bad experience with the Z and with Nissan, this is why I wont be purchasing another one. To all of you who say I'm just whinning and all my work was done under warranty, this is true, the inconvience comes when you have to leave your car at the dealership several times, for several days, and Nissan wont approve a rental car! If I wanted to buy a car that spent more time at the dealers garage then my own, I would of bought an 1982 Honda! I thought I was buying a reputable car from a reputable manufacturer, obviously this is not the case. In my opinion, Nissan has along way to go to be considered a player in the sports car world. I'm going back to driving my 20yr old GNX as my daily driver, which has yet to fail me in anyway! Also has yet to fail me at any redlight up against any Z, yes including turbo Z's. Go figure, a 20yr old stock Buick thats heavier, less HP, and can't handle nearly as well still outruns a 30-40K new Z. And Nissan says they build a sports car..lmaooooo

Also, my Z is currently up for sale. Whoever said they would mail me 5K for it right now, I would do you one better and sell it to you for half that, unfortunately I owe alot more on this lemon. So, this is not a bash fest, just a warning to other people who might be considering a Z. Sorry to the rest of you who read this and are affended, but look at it as a positive thing for potentially new Z buyers!
Everything above goes to you as well. Have fun in your buick!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:16 AM
Z04

yes, we will take you post and use it as a prime example of what you should do prior to buying a car.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Daytona350Texas

I purchased my 03 as a 2nd owner.

This is as far as I got into your post, you should know as a second owner of any car... its not gonna be taken care of, how you would.

And i garuntee you didnt even come to the boards and find out how many recalls and problems the 03s had did you? So seems like you just failed before making this post, sorry
Old 09-13-2007, 03:49 AM
zipgun

LOL, all of you crack me up! You honestly think any of this crap you write phases me the slightest bit??
And you think your crap does?

Between dont buy the Z or I hate the Z type threads to those internet rich guy type threads (my personal favs, those nuts just crack me up).

Get a clue bub..People are just bored or killing time, you dont think they really give a sh** do you?

So I wasted a few seconds while having my morning coffee
Old 09-13-2007, 04:11 AM
kobalt

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Any used car can potentially have a share problems, Nissan or otherwise. That goes triple for a sports car and to assume otherwise is irresponsible regardless of marque. Personally I have yet to have a good experience at a NJ Nissan dealership, be it with my Z, previous Maxima or Altima.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:35 AM
KManZ
Banned

The Z has it's detractors, just as any vehicle on the road today. I feel you on the whole "leaving the car at the dealership for days at a time and no rental", that'd **** me off too! But when you buy your next car (whatever it may be and hopefully you buy new after this experience) and you have to take it in to the dealership "for days at a time and no rental", are you going to proclaim your venomous hate for that car as well, or are you going to realize that there is not a "perfect" car out there?

Do what makes you happy man, hopefully you find a less maintenance intensive car. What are you thinking about looking at?

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy The Z!!