Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new to the z's...i need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:58 AM
99slobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i realized that they handle awesome...i got onto I-80 and was weaving in and out of traffic at 120 like it was nothing...the car was so fluid i couldnt believe it...the combination of my cobra and the cams i put in it make it a rough ride....i mean itll get up and go but its not overly quick...i have raced my buddies gti(modded like hell) and my other two buddies wrxs...i liked them but i wasnt impressed...well anyway when i raced them they were much quicker of the line and are more suitable for daily driving and comfort...i didnt want anything really ricey and ive always loved the z's look and decent performance......last question what is better for the z...a blower or turbo...and do i need to change internals or anything with either....and what type of differential would i need....sorry for all of the questions im just new to the whole scene...
Old 09-13-2007, 05:16 AM
yoichi

A short throw is a no no. They simply suck. Especially the B&M

The RS-R is one the the sickest sounding exhaust out there. Its loud as hell though so be aware. With test pipes, Its sick loud. I know, I had one. Good Choice

As far as intake goes, get a JWT pop charger. its the most popular and proven to make moderate power. Some people gain nothing out of a CAI. I had a injen CAI but converted it to short ram as i thought the bend that goes in the back of you front bumper was unneccesary.

Its very hard to make power on these cars w/ headers unless you get a tune.

Also a JWT Clutch/Flywheel is the most economical and efficient combo out there. plus it will hold a moderate amount of power for the price.

Last but not least, an engine management. UTEC is the best for its price.
Headers basically mean nothing on this car without a tune, plus its a pita to swap headers and the cost of the installation is not worth it for headers for small to no gains.

There are plenty other N/A mods you can get to squeeze power out of this motor but a tune is essential.

hope this helps a bit....
Old 09-13-2007, 05:42 AM
99slobra

Originally Posted by yoichi
A short throw is a no no. They simply suck. Especially the B&M

The RS-R is one the the sickest sounding exhaust out there. Its loud as hell though so be aware. With test pipes, Its sick loud. I know, I had one. Good Choice

As far as intake goes, get a JWT pop charger. its the most popular and proven to make moderate power. Some people gain nothing out of a CAI. I had a injen CAI but converted it to short ram as i thought the bend that goes in the back of you front bumper was unneccesary.

Its very hard to make power on these cars w/ headers unless you get a tune.

Also a JWT Clutch/Flywheel is the most economical and efficient combo out there. plus it will hold a moderate amount of power for the price.

Last but not least, an engine management. UTEC is the best for its price.
Headers basically mean nothing on this car without a tune, plus its a pita to swap headers and the cost of the installation is not worth it for headers for small to no gains.

There are plenty other N/A mods you can get to squeeze power out of this motor but a tune is essential.

hope this helps a bit....

it sure does....so do i still get the test pipes and exhaust just no headers right? and scratch the short throw...i did notice that it already has a really short throw...and the emu part confuses me...because with american cars you can just buy a handheld tuner and do everything from there....so i need help with that and where in the midwest is there a good tuner....nobody seems to know
Old 09-13-2007, 05:47 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99slobra
i realized that they handle awesome...i got onto I-80 and was weaving in and out of traffic at 120 like it was nothing
Weaving in and out of traffic at 120?

If your going to kill yourself....please do it when there is no traffic. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:20 AM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn

If your going to kill yourself....please do it when there is no traffic. Thanks.

+1 agreed
Old 09-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Daytona350Texas

I first ran a 13.6 stock (still have slip)

then mods listed, ive ran 13.1 on nittos so i think the 13.6 was just on a REALLY good day or something to be honest cause i expected if running 13.6 then i figured i might hit HIGH 12s but i was wrong
Old 09-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Daytona350Texas

Eff that, drive it like you stole it

if you die, at least you die happy and you wont know who you took out if you die on impact...

***and to think im wanting a gsxr with this mindset, hmmm***
Old 09-13-2007, 07:52 AM
99slobra

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas

if you die, at least you die happy and you wont know who you took out if you die on impact...

exactly this guy knows what hes talkin about...why would you buy a performance car to putt around in it...you dont buy the car just to look cool...i believe it was one Ricky Bobby who quoted "I Wanna Go Fast"...you buy a car you want to have fun not to get from point a to point b going the speed limit...lemme guess you guys dont street race either because its illegal
Old 09-13-2007, 08:02 AM
blktrack350

Well doing it in traffic is stupid because that’s the way you kill someone. You would know what I am talking about if you knew anyone close to you who dies by some idiot like you that wanted to race in traffic. If you’re going to do stupid stuff in your car do it on an empty road or somewhere where there are no cars. You could be the best driver in the world but if the cars in front of you have to slam on there breaks and you are going 120mph+ your car can only break so fast. and no i dont street race because i would hate to loose my car or my lisence. but my veiws are if your going to street race do it away from other cars
Old 09-13-2007, 08:35 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blktrack350
Well doing it in traffic is stupid because that’s the way you kill someone. You would know what I am talking about if you knew anyone close to you who dies by some idiot like you that wanted to race in traffic. If you’re going to do stupid stuff in your car do it on an empty road or somewhere where there are no cars. You could be the best driver in the world but if the cars in front of you have to slam on there breaks and you are going 120mph+ your car can only break so fast. and no i dont street race because i would hate to loose my car or my lisence. but my veiws are if your going to street race do it away from other cars
Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly this guy knows what hes talkin about...why would you buy a performance car to putt around in it...you dont buy the car just to look cool...i believe it was one Ricky Bobby who quoted "I Wanna Go Fast"...you buy a car you want to have fun not to get from point a to point b going the speed limit...lemme guess you guys dont street race either because its illegal

you sir, have just be elevated to the level of moron. i just hope when you do wreck you do not kill anyone innocent.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Daytona350Texas

I do know people, ive had 3 of my REALLY good friends die from street racing. But I garuntee they wouldnt want me driving like a grandpa in a corvette...

and 2 of the friends werent street racing either they were killed from 2 street racers running through a red light, the other one died WHILE street racing, i garuntee they still wouldnt me being a biatch in my car
Old 09-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Daytona350Texas

but i will agree on that considering ive street raced, tracked, and done some strip racing... it is smarter because then you have nothing to worry about

might not get quite as much adrenaline as you would missing a car by inches, or running through a light not knowing whats gonna hit you or what you're going to hit, but there is a line of stupidity, and ive already had my fun with playing with death in a car... now its time for me to do it in a bike, cars are as much fun anymore
Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
99slobra

it wasnt like the road was packed...its 3 lanes, sometimes 4 and traffic was probably about low to to low-normal volume wise, so it was more like ducking a car here then ducking a car there....as for the street racing i NEVER go through red lights...ive raced people that do and i just let them go...im just saying that its kinda boguess(sp.) that people buy performance cars and wont drive them...i met a mid 60 year old guy with a 360 modena spyder who told me the same thing...and i thought that was cool....kinda off topic but it gets my point across...granted i also want the z because its a nice vehicle like luxury wise but i also want the performance capabilites
Old 09-13-2007, 10:20 AM
fairladyz<3

Default damn i thought it was just me

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
I ran a 14.1 with exhaust and intake, it is a MT but I have 20's on that were slowing me down drastically.
i bought my z with 20'' Damanies and i hate them
Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
HockeyZ39

I lol'ed so hard! (sarcasm ftw bud)

hope the cops get him be4 he kills someone
Old 09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas

I assume you would still think this if some dumb chit caused someone in your family to to wreck because they were "driving it like they stole it".
Old 09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Injen CAI ftl...

JWT Popcharger FTW
Old 09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
BrandonS2K

it wasnt like the road was packed...its 3 lanes, sometimes 4 and traffic was probably about low to to low-normal volume wise, so it was more like ducking a car here then ducking a car there....as for the street racing i NEVER go through red lights...ive raced people that do and i just let them go...im just saying that its kinda boguess(sp.) that people buy performance cars and wont drive them...i met a mid 60 year old guy with a 360 modena spyder who told me the same thing...and i thought that was cool....kinda off topic but it gets my point across...granted i also want the z because its a nice vehicle like luxury wise but i also want the performance capabilites
well how about use the performance on a open straight road not a highway with traffic. peoples families are at stake and my stupid friend does that crap in his GT he will get almost inches away from people when changing lanes and after that one day ive never drove with him again
Old 09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume you would still think this if some dumb chit caused someone in your family to to wreck because they were "driving it like they stole it".
Pff..... I steal it then I drive it carefully to my house so I don't damage parts I can sell