Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z feeling sluggish after 2 months

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:37 AM
lowtempo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

you just got the "mod bug". it happened to me, now it wont stop.... im thinking of going FI now.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 AM
TRD2Nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsta
Try to reset the ECU. I had this saved and I drive an 03 so I don't know if its diff for later models.

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.

2. Repeat the following steps (a and b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds:
--a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
--b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.

3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.

4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)

5. Wait about 10 seconds.

6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.

7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).

8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

what about just disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes?? will that reset the ecu?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by Floyd3124
I got the Zed back in july with 25k miles on it and this month I just hit 30k. I dont know if its me but the Z feels alot more sluggish and also feels like it has less torque from when I first remmeber driving her. Now i'v added a Nismo CAI and have the Nismo exhaust on the way hopefully this will have somewhat of a change. But I find myself pressing down harder on the gas just to get the Z going, maybe i'm just getting used to how the Z drives? Did any of you guys feel the same way after owning your Z for awhile? Thanks!
If you have an Automatic I believe the Z learns your driving habits, so if you have been driving slow around town the last several weeks it will not be that aggressive when you smash the accelerator... To fix it just unplug your battery for a few hours, this will reset the ECU.... I know the G35 Automatics had this and I believe the Z's to do...

Good Luck....
Old 09-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by Monsta
Try to reset the ECU. I had this saved and I drive an 03 so I don't know if its diff for later models.

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.

2. Repeat the following steps (a and b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds:
--a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
--b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.

3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.

4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)

5. Wait about 10 seconds.

6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.

7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).

8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

I don't think this will reset the ECU but just resets any warrning lights you have on the dash (Check Engine, Check Airbag, etc...)