Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z Keys?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
CaliTouring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Is that also required for used car? I know for new cars that's required.
i dont see a reason why they wont give you the whole key set for a used car.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaliTouring
i dont see a reason why they wont give you the whole key set for a used car.
Maybe the previous owner lost the spares and turned in only 1 key when they sold it or something..I dunno?
I did that when I traded my 03 Altima for the Z lol (I apologize to whoever's driving that car right now lol)
Old 10-03-2007, 11:14 AM
bruddahmatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Is that also required for used car? I know for new cars that's required.
It's NOT required for used cars. I NEVER promise my customers two sets of keys on pre-owned vehicles before checking because sometimes we simply don't have any spares. When I check the key cabinet, if I find a set then great, but I never promise anything until I know for sure. Heck sometimes we only have a key and no fob with some of our used vehicles.

There are a lot of reasons we sometimes only have one set of keys for our used vehicles. Sometimes my used car manager buys vehicles from the auction and he only gets one set of keys. Every now and then people trade in their vehicles and promise to bring down the spares but never do. Sometimes a person's trade may have already been bought used and they only got one set to begin with etc... There are a lot of things to consider.

To the OP, if your salesman promised you a second set but then realized that they didn't have one, then I'd say that that was his bad. However if you weren't promised a second set and are simply expecting one...you lose.

And as for the guy who said he got spares for a mere $130...that's cheap dude. My friend who has an '04 G Coupe inquired about a second key and fob and it came out to like $185. Yeesh. Just be thankful you're not looking to buy a spare ikey which runs something like $220 for the key itself, and $50 for programming. Or worse, F50 Q45 keys. Those run like $300-$400. And those aren't even all that high tech.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 AM
chefsz

Ebay Key fobs are great, very easy to program, i ordered two, one was perfect, one was cracked, so luck of the draw i guess

Programable-I am sure if you do a search you will find out how, something like sticking in the key in and out 6 times, pressing unlock lock, done, easy to reprogram multiple remotes as well

I want to get the nismo key
anyone have info on this?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:33 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by CaliTouring
the dealer is supposed to provid you with 2 key, 2 FOBs, and 1 valet key. i personaly would go back and ask for them to give you the keys that you never recieved.
Your talking about a new Z correct? I bought my used and if they are supposed to give you 2 sets ill call and complain now.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by bruddahmatt
It's NOT required for used cars. I NEVER promise my customers two sets of keys on pre-owned vehicles before checking because sometimes we simply don't have any spares. When I check the key cabinet, if I find a set then great, but I never promise anything until I know for sure. Heck sometimes we only have a key and no fob with some of our used vehicles.

There are a lot of reasons we sometimes only have one set of keys for our used vehicles. Sometimes my used car manager buys vehicles from the auction and he only gets one set of keys. Every now and then people trade in their vehicles and promise to bring down the spares but never do. Sometimes a person's trade may have already been bought used and they only got one set to begin with etc... There are a lot of things to consider.

To the OP, if your salesman promised you a second set but then realized that they didn't have one, then I'd say that that was his bad. However if you weren't promised a second set and are simply expecting one...you lose.

And as for the guy who said he got spares for a mere $130...that's cheap dude. My friend who has an '04 G Coupe inquired about a second key and fob and it came out to like $185. Yeesh. Just be thankful you're not looking to buy a spare ikey which runs something like $220 for the key itself, and $50 for programming. Or worse, F50 Q45 keys. Those run like $300-$400. And those aren't even all that high tech.
Thanks for your input. Yes, I figured the price was good. I just figured like listed above that the dealership should have given me another key along with the valet key since I bought mine new. This was 11-04 and that dealership is out of business. I got a great deal on my car $500 under invoice. Plus free accessories, a spoiler at cost and painted for free. So, I decided not to push the short key point. It was obvious to me that they couldn't find / lost the keys and were feed up with me and my deal by then. You know, no money in their deal just trying to beat the other INTERNET dealer. At least I got the key fob and had the keys reprogrammed so that if someone did find that key ..... it would be useless to use for access to my car. Yes, I did worry about that for a week or so until the key came in. Out of stock... Doh !!