Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nissan North America Comes Through

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Plucky Purcell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan North America Comes Through

When I bought my Z in July the dealer had removed/wrinkled/torn the window sticker. I want to keep all the records pristine with the car like all my vehicles and the salesman promised to get me a replacement for the window sticker. Turns out that the salesman is a #%&*$@^ liar about that and a few other things! (suprise ) The dealer has seen the last of my money and I blasted them with the truth on the New Vehicle Survey I sent to Nissan. The lies and lack of product knowledge by the salesman, the hidden damage on delivery,and the coersion they attempted concerning the survey promising a tank of gas if I brought the blank survey to them instead of mailing it back directly to Nissan. I don't know what effect, if any, the survey will have but at least I had a chance to vent.

So I send NNA an email last Sunday describing the liar, the lies, and the total disappointment with the dealership and asked what I could do to get a replacement window sticker after waiting two months for the dealer to come through. Three days later (Wednesday) I get the window sticker in the mail with a nice letter from NNA.

I've heard a lot of complaints about customer service from NNA. This time they came through.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
VENOMSZ

About freakin time they actually make someone happy.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:21 PM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by Plucky Purcell
When I bought my Z in July the dealer had removed/wrinkled/torn the window sticker. I want to keep all the records pristine with the car like all my vehicles and the salesman promised to get me a replacement for the window sticker. Turns out that the salesman is a #%&*$@^ liar about that and a few other things! (suprise ) The dealer has seen the last of my money and I blasted them with the truth on the New Vehicle Survey I sent to Nissan. The lies and lack of product knowledge by the salesman, the hidden damage on delivery,and the coersion they attempted concerning the survey promising a tank of gas if I brought the blank survey to them instead of mailing it back directly to Nissan. I don't know what effect, if any, the survey will have but at least I had a chance to vent.

So I send NNA an email last Sunday describing the liar, the lies, and the total disappointment with the dealership and asked what I could do to get a replacement window sticker after waiting two months for the dealer to come through. Three days later (Wednesday) I get the window sticker in the mail with a nice letter from NNA.

I've heard a lot of complaints about customer service from NNA. This time they came through.
Way to go, but you will never be able to have your Z serviced there... I am certain they keep records on purchases, just hope you don't need any TSB/recalls done.

You got to choose your battles..
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Teufel
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, really hard to reproduce a sticker. I've heard WAY too many other stories of them F'ing people.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Shift_Z33

I think you burned a bridge with your dealer over a sticker. Not a good idea.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:37 PM
hawaiianZ

always got other stealerships. be your own mechanic, wrench your own ride. but then again, a promise is a promsie. i for one dont trust anyone working on any of my cars. i worked at stealership. that suvery is like crack to them.....haha they want it real bad, just should have used that as leverage. now you know. it all worked out good job.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:52 PM
TSG-Z

Damn, proves my theory that every Nissan dealership in NC are incompetent! Good luck with the services and never under any circumstances come to Fayetteville's Stewart Nissan!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Plucky Purcell

I did try to use the survey for leverage. Told the salesman several times that I was waiting until he came through with the sticker to turn in the survey. After two months it went to NNA.

I take care of regular maintence myself and if I do need to take it in there are 4 other dealers in the area all of which are closer than the one that happened to have the car I wanted and one is actually the sponsor of the Carolina Z Club. Burning the bridge was OK because I wouldn't go back to that dealer if it were that last one on Earth.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still say **** Nissan North America!! They owe me 4k for my diff..
Old 10-08-2007, 02:42 AM
I1DER

Nissan NA goes to pains to see if dealers are influencing the surveys. I bet someone gets their azz reamed on this incidence. Why would anyone ever want to take your car to a dishonest dealership? No loss.

Great move!!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Fairly Z

The first time I went to look at Z's at a dealership, the salesman said to me: "This car is rear wheel drive." I didn't know what to say. If you buy a Z, you should know every damn thing about it. I wonder if anyone actually buys them without knowing they're rear wheel drive. So sad. But anyways, it was obvious that this was the only thing he knew about the Z. I then started to baffle him with chassis codes and such. If you work for Nissan, you should know everything a customer might ask you.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:59 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wonder how many dealerships would clean up their acts if more people were actually honest on those surveys instead of taking the free-tank-of-gas bribe.

Pretty foolish of Nissan to allow the dealerships to handle the survey iMO.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 AM
simonfencer

Originally Posted by Fairly Z
The first time I went to look at Z's at a dealership, the salesman said to me: "This car is rear wheel drive." I didn't know what to say. If you buy a Z, you should know every damn thing about it. I wonder if anyone actually buys them without knowing they're rear wheel drive. So sad. But anyways, it was obvious that this was the only thing he knew about the Z. I then started to baffle him with chassis codes and such. If you work for Nissan, you should know everything a customer might ask you.
If you buy any car you should know everything about it...

but, I am sure everyone of us has met the general public before...and most of them don't realize that turn signals are standard equipment on every car...